“Fantastic food, fantastic find...worth the two hour drive.”

La Montgolfiere Henri Geraci
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Monaco-Ville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Suggestions of dishes at lunch & fine dining menu at dinner. Closed on Sunday & Wednesday.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Hidden away in the old town, the owner chef and his incredibly efficient, friendly wife served up a Magnificent lunch Time treat for our family of five.
We shared two delicious starters between five as The portions are large. Black figs with Parma ham and an unusual but nonetheless exceptional lemon gnocchi. This was followed by a delightful dish of baked cod with potatoes described as Brandacujun stockfish a ma facon. And it was truly exceptional!! (Im staggered by the comment from another saying it was 'tasteless'. it was delicious and any experienced diner will realise cod has a very light, subtle taste). We finished with (again) lovingly prepared strawberry crumble with amaretto which completed a superb dining experience. A fantastic family run affair in Monaco which probably is without equal, for the price. Best call and reserve as they only seat about 20 but its truly excellent and worth the two hour drive we had to get there. And we'll certainly return. 10/10!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We dined there for lunch. The lady which should be the owner's wife greeted us nicely and offered us a drink. However I feel that my duck breast (main dish) is overly cooked while my partner's main dish (Cod) is tasteless. I think I may not be the target of this restaurant as it is aim for traditional, affordable meal but most of the time I have tried the Michelin restaurants. Anyway, I feel a bit tricked with all good comments and 1st ranking in TA here - thats why I was eagerly to dine there.

1  Thank TMRB186338
SITI67, Propriétaire at La Montgolfiere Henri Geraci, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Madam,

We are very sorry you did not like our food. Whenever you are back to Monaco, don't esitate to come again in order to taste other dishes, you are most welcome !!!

However we just regret that you did not write, until today, any comment about the good restaurants you have been and appreciated.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last November I wrote a comment, putting 4 stars for that restaurant, after my first visit. Since, I went back a couple of times and every time it was very good. So, this time, after several meals, all being good, I can put 5 stars because one of the main criterias for any restaurant is constancy... which they have. Do not hesitate to go.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had dinner for 6 last Friday. I rarely go to the Rock, seems far from the main town. What a delight and exceptional experience. The food was exceptional, the service was excellent and the atmosphere wonderful. This is a real gem and highly recommended... We ordered a vegetarian
meal, which deserves a mention...top, top, top.
NO 1 in Monaco....it has my vote...

Reviewed June 26, 2013

One chef, one waitress ( the are married...) the excellent food was served on time, though we were a group of ten and it is challenging to serve ten people at the same time. We found the restaurant as one of the best in the cote d'azure.