Hotel Le Versailles
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$185
$445
$431
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Novotel Monte Carlo(Monte-Carlo)(Great Value!)
$219
$205
$217
$133
Columbus Monte-Carlo(Monte-Carlo)(Great Value!)
$170
$152
  • Pool
Hotel de France(La Condamine)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Miramar Hotel(La Condamine)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

First I have to say I didn't pick up the bill for my stay so can't comment on the value.

Very handy for the port but the downside is the traffic noise. Rooms very small and you need to be slim to get in the shower cubicle. I was at the end of the corridor which may account for the need to run the hot tap for at least five minutes to get anything resembling warm water. Towels were clean but threadbare. Lighting in the corridor was on a sensor on a very short timer and sometimes didn't come on at all.

On the plus side the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Good wifi in the room. Breakfast was very basic but passable.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank leejamesmo
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

hotel is very central & very well located.
The young guy at breakfast is a nice guy.
Other than that you better find a different place. ...
We have been litteraly raped with extra charges. Ridicolous.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I cannot fault this place. I paid €70 a night, the bed was clean, as too the bathroom and was of an ok size. The location was great and I walked everywhere. I did find Monaco a little pricey so to find a nice cheap bed was good. I didn't spend much time in the hotel as I was out and about everywhere. but hey thats why you go to Monte Carlo... Right???

Happy to recommend and most important would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Eflord
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights at the weekend as I was doing the Monaco 70.3 Ironman Triathlon.

The hotel is fairly small, as was our room. The bedroom was only a little bigger than the double bed, but enough room for our bags (and I had a big one with a bike in) and there was a desk and a couple of small built in wardrobes. We hadn't been to Monaco before so we weren't going to spend too much time in the room as we would be out exploring.

Our room faced onto the street - Rue Prince Pierre - and was on the first floor. The ground floor is a small reception and a medium-sized Italian Restaurant. We didn't eat there but it looked ok.

We did not suffer from any noise from downstairs, but we did suffer light ingress - our room was next to a very bright street lamp and the curtains were relatively thin. We pulled the curtains so as to double them over as much as possible and pinned them so as to shut out as much light as possible - lined curtains would have improved the room a lot.

There was what appeared to be a newish air conditioning unit on the wall which worked well and a thin TV which had about 5/6 channels. The bathroom was reasonably good - clean if in need of a bit of a cosmetic spruce-up. There was a shower over the bath, but with a full solid shower enclosure, it felt almost like a stand-alone shower rather than the usual half-hearted attempt to provide a shower in a room with only the space for an existing bath.

All the staff at check-in and check-out were very pleasant. I cannot really fault this hotel at the price other than for the thin curtains in a room that would obviously always suffer from night light.

The hotel is well within walking distance of Monaco train station (which we did not use) and the port and the reasonably priced restaurants etc of la Condamine and once you get your bearings it is not that far from the bright lights of Casino Square in Monte Carlo.

The hotel is positioned as to be within sight of the Police Officer that is always stationed at the nearby road junction, preventing non-Monaco-registered cars into the old-town area of Monaco-ville. That, combined with the road outside being fairly busy and the fact that everywhere in Monaco is really safe, reassured me that we would not be victims of any thief who otherwise may have considered scrambling up the side of the hotel and through our window.

If you have the money and you want luxury and quality time in your hotel then do not stay here - there are plenty of 4 star hotels in the flashier parts of town that will take your money. If you just need somewhere reasonably central to rest your head then this place is ideal.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AndyTriLawyer
Reviewed January 29, 2009

probably the cheapest hotel to stay in Monaco and at a decent location. the staff was pretty friendly; the room was very outdated and had no air condition. there was a leak in the bathroom sink and top of the shower head reached my shoulders. as for breakfast, you get one croissant and coffee like many European hotels. i probably would not stay at this hotel again; but if your looking for cheap (compared to the other hotels in Monaco) and you don't plan to stay long; you might wanna check it out.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jaymedi