“Great Italian in Monaco”
Review of La Saliere

La Saliere
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Fontvieille
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had gone to Beef Bar, one of the same in the same restaurant group's place a few nights before and had an awful experience. One of my business associates swears by this place and greatly encouraged us to come. We decided to give it a shot and were glad that we did. The pizza's (especially the black truffle) were really good as was the rest of the salads. The pumpkin and truffle risotto was fabulous as was the paparadelle. Overall a great experience with good wine and food. I strongly recommend heading here if your in Monaco.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed near the port of Fonteville and were recommended this restaurant by the concierge of the hotel we stayed at. The restaurant was busy and had a great atmosphere.

The waitress that served us was very attentive, but the waiter who took out order did not mention the specials of the day -which the table next to us had after we had ordered and I would of preferred the special than the dish I had. My partner had a pizza was which was huge and delicious, I had seafood which was delicious.

The food was delicious but favoritism seemed to be given to people who had eaten there before.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been returning to this restaurant for years after hiking into Monaco from Cap A'il. The pasta has always been great but after they moved a few years ago, the service has really suffered.
I was told yesterday they had no carafe of water, then watched as two were served to local businessmen. The waiter never mentioned the specials and once the pasta arrived,no one checked back to see if we needed anything. While the pasta was great, I'll be looking for a new restaurant after my next hike

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Don't eat there. Totally unacceptable for. Service is bad and no ambiance. Why would anyone want to eat here.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very well located in the Fointvieille Port, this italian restaurant was suggested by people resident in Monte Carlo.
Good service, limited choice of dishes but everything fresh and well presented. For sure this restaurant has also a good price/quality ratio.