We stayed here for a week over half term. Loved Andorra and Soldeu and gather this is one of the better hotels to stay at but really hoped for more. On the upside the food was very good, lots of choice for kids and grown ups, and the service in the restaurant was great. We didn't have to queue at all for breakfast or dinner. The reception staff were not as friendly or helpful as the restaurant staff however. There was one receptionist who was excellent, the others all pretty moody. We had issues with our keys not working, which took a while to get fixed.
What was disappointing was that the hotel just felt a bit grubby away from the communal areas. On arrival our room was not clean, there was rubbish in the bin and everywhere was dusty. Some days the room was not cleaned well, dust and dark hairs (not ours!) to be found in the bathroom and on the beds. The room itself was pretty shabby and really badly lit. There were loose tiles in the bathroom and damage to the walls and wardrobes. The View from our balcony was fab though.
We were given two free entries to the spa on arrival (not sure why) and a meal at a nearby Italian restaurant, which were nice surprises. The spa/pool/jacuzzi were very nice but small and nowhere to really be able to swim.
We walked to the gondola each morning and kept our stuff in the lockers there, to save queuing for the hotel minibus.
So it's a good location, good for half board but the rooms and service are too basic for a four star hotel and we would try another hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4* mountain hotel, ideal for mountain lovers, families and a relaxing short break. It is situated 300 m away from the biggest ski station in southern Europe, Grandvalira and 18 km from Andorra la Vella with more than 1.500 shops. Hotel has 150 rooms. 76 Premium rooms completely renewed during 2016. All rooms have views onto mountains. Typologies available: double, triple, quadruple and suite. Buffet style restaurant with views onto the mountain and 8 show cooking areas. Lounge Bar with terrace. Mountain Wellness & Spa with dynamic swimming pool, indoor whirlpool, outdoor whirlpool, sauna and hammam. 7 health and beauty treatment cabins. Massage under request. Gym overlooking onto mountains. Kids' Club. Ski Room 100% renovated. Free shuttle to Soldeu ski station during winter. Sports shop with rental and sale. Outside car park and indoor garage. Room service. 24-hour reception. WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Park Piolets MountainHotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ahotels Piolets Park And Spa
- Ahotels Piolets Park Hotel Soldeu
- Ahotels Piolets Park Soldeu