“Welcoming and Friendly”

Hotel Soldeu Maistre
Ranked #1 of 4 Soldeu B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed for one week to hike and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and the hotel in general was cleaned constantly. Breakfast was really good and the coffee from the bar excellent. They provided wonderful picnic lunches daily - much more than I could eat and really fresh. We had lovely evening meals off a menu.

Room Tip: Twin rooms with balconies have slightly less space than those without. Facing the ski runs would hav...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Coastal-QH

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were lucky to have a twin room which was larger than the very small double rooms. The room was basic, clean with very little storage space, but perfectly fine for our needs.

The overwhelming factor about this hotel was the in-edible food. The evening meal main course was laid out on a help yourself canteen hot counter. The first night we had deep fat fried chicken, this was the only meal I could eat. Every main course after that was in-edible, most evenings I would end up only eating some bread, cheese and ice cream. I think the hotel had a fixed quota of food for the week, as if you did not come down straight away for dinner, the main course counter would be virtually empty with a few congealed portions of food and towards the end of the week the ice cream and cheese ran out, which was not replenished. To be honest this was the worse food I have ever encountered, I would not feed it to my dog.

On the up-side we had fantastic skiing conditions, we love Soldeu and this is our 3rd visit.
Previously we stayed at the Sports Village which is a lot more pricey but worth it.

This hotel is perfectly fine on a B&B basis, not half board.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kerri830
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Their Staff, we met five of them, all of whom were friendly, helpful and courteous, they joked with us at dinner and were extremely helpful to us in a non condescending way with our Spanish, albeit they could all speak almost perfect English. The cleaning staff we never ever saw and yet the rooms and public places were all spotless. We had new towels every day which was a bonus after having a long hot bath every evening after the days activities.
The Hotel is ideally located being about 70mts from the Gondola and whilst situated off of the main road through the resort does not suffer the road traffic noise as perhaps some of the other hotels may although the reversing rubbish lorry could be heard in the morning as could some of the late night early morning revellers but then they could be heard no doubt from most of the resort hotels.
We had driven up from Spain and whilst the garage was small (10 spaces) it was free a real bonus especially after 8 inch's of snow that fell the first night.
The majority of the clients at the time we were there were English, two ski companies use this Hotel, so the food was in the main prepared to satisfy the majority, although my personal favourites were the Spanish dishes. Whilst being a buffet style breakfast and dinner, if the food had been out on display for some time they were quiet happy to prepare freshly cooked replacements if asked. As stated before nothing appeared to be too much trouble for the staff.
There is WIFI but not in the room although it was a good reception in the lounge.
For those that go to Ski School the English instructors bar is possibly the closest bar to the Hotel which was handy for some of our party.....
The only thing missing was a view, we had a wall to look at but then we were hardly in the room for any length of time and when we were, we were unconscious......
Would stay here again as I consider it to be good value for money and can find nothing to complain about. Not sure if it is the norm but there were NO children staying during our stay.

Room Tip: Use the Gondola Ski lockers, they are the same price as using Hotel lockers if four of you have one...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 1 week of my ski vacation.
This way quiet and pleasant stay.
+Very clean room (except bath curtain, which was dirty and old), which was cleaned daily very well. Spotlessly clean bedding, towels were ok as well and changed daily.
+Bed was very comfortable for me.
+Location: 5 mins walking from gondola lifts ( in ski boots the walk will be approx 15 mins), supermarket is across the road ( 30 sec from hotel :) ), near bars, pubs and restaurants.
-The breakfasts were jogtrot ( actually the same food every day) and not always fresh food ( bacon, sausages, eggs, jams, white beans, tomatoes, coffee, tea, juices,croissants, fruits) . Dinners were better, but using the same ingredients food might be cooked much better, IHMO.
-No power sockets in the room ( my room had 1 in bath for hair-dryer and 1 in room for tv), so it was difficult to recharge staff.
-Very thin walls, I heard every sound from the neighboring rooms.
+Plenty of hot water.
+Mostly, staff was very nice and helpful.
-~~Pay attention EXTRA price for ski staff lockers and safe .~~

I rated this hotel as "very good" relatively to it's stars rate. To summarise, 3 stars hotel as it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2013

we stayed here in March 2013, having stayed in numerous hotels locally before, the room was serviced daily, the food was good, all the staff were more than helpful and spoke very good english as my spanish has not improved!, the gondola is a few minutes walk, i would advise going up the slope towards the disco, its easier on the legs!.
i would recommend having lunch in the restaurant, ask for the single course menu, its well priced and far better than the overpriced slop you find on the mountain.

Room Tip: we had a corner room 301 more space!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeL197129
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed with my family here for skiing in February 2013. All the staff were all friendly, happy and helpful giving the hotel a real family run affair, which was a relief after calling in the local supermarkets where the staff treat everyone with contempt. The hotel was spotless with comfortable lounge and dining areas. Although the food was basic it was adequate, but there were plenty of bars and restaurants in the area with happy hours and special offers. The bedrooms were compact with very little storage however they were comfortable and clean. The location is good with just a short walk to the gondola, the hotel has lockers but on the second day we changed to the ones near the gondola.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michellemk65
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week of skiing in February 2013. The hotel is close to the ski gondola (5 mins walk) and restaurants and bars. The hotel staff speak English and were all friendly and cheerful. Bedrooms are simple and comfortable enough, but most importantly our room was very clean, and well serviced each day. Our room was at the back of the hotel, so looked out onto a stone wall of adjacent building. I think the front rooms might have better views. We found the hotel to be quiet and comfy - the bedrooms are quite small, but adequate. The food was average but okay and as we expected in this level of hotel; most importantly, there was always lots of food - both at breakfast and dinner. It's self service buffet style, with a reasonable selection. I think vegetarians would struggle through - the food was mostly meat and fish based. The bar serves excellent coffee. We'd happily stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldeu
Sport Hotel Village
#10 of 16 in Soldeu
Hotel Segle XX
Hotel Segle XX
#1 of 2 in Ransol

Been to Hotel Soldeu Maistre? Share your experiences!