“Fantastic value and a great hotel”
Review of Exe Princep Hotel

Exe Princep Hotel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Escaldes-Engordany
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value and a great hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife an I wanted to try somewhere a little different for our honeymoon and go somewhere we'd never been before so opted for Andorra.

We booked through a package and opted for the Princep based on the photographs on a website. Overall we thought the hotel was fantastic, absolutely no complaints.

The room we had was bright, spacious, clean and well appointed. Little touches like two sinks in the bathroom were handy.

We stayed for a full week and had been worried about starting to feel a bit claustrophobic by the end of teh week as we would usually book an appartment through somewhere like owners direct. No worries tehre though as the room was big enough and nice enough that it was fien for a seven night stay.

The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the quality, variety and quantity of the food on the breakfast buffet was good, even the breakfast coffee, which can be dreadful at many hotels, was good.

The location was great as well, Although the town is not huge we were just off the main street so didn't have to walk far for shopping or restaurants. In addition tehre was a bus stop 20 metres from the front door and we were only five minutes walk from the Caldea spa.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this to others and fully intend to go back next summer and book an adjoining room to take our daughter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had never been to Andorra and was only spending a night so I could say that I had traveled to one of the least known about nations to Americans. I found the price to be the main drawing point which was very reasonable. I was also blown away by not only the size but the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom was beautiful. The location was also fantastic, it is only a few blocks or about a 5 minute walk from the Caldea and all the amazing shopping that Andorra offers is also within walking distance. I was there in the summer and the weather was great but I would imagine that Andorra would be a fantastic place in the winter. I only spent one night but the one night was very enjoyable and close to everything that the city had to offer. The staff was multilingual which came in handy considering I don't speak Catalan. They also went out of their way to contact the shuttle service to make sure I had a reservation to go back to Barcelona in the morning. The only thing I could find to complain about and I'm really nitpicking is the TV only offered two stations in English... BBC and CNN International. That's a real stretch though as I wasn't there to watch TV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KIngston_Marley
Urbana, Maryland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Princep is a nice hotel with a nice helpful staff. The rooms were clean and the location is good . The hotel is a close walking distance to the Spa. The Breakfast was nice and the times were flexible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RRPP_ahotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Exe Princep Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for you comment and your time with us.
We are very happy to know your stay with us was great and comfortable. We try to work hard every day for the satisfaction of our customers.
We hope see you again in our hotels.
Thank you very much.
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Ahotel Princep is a wonderful place to spend vacation in Andorra. Friendly multilanguage staff, fashionable decor, delicious meal, good location.
The New Year dinner was great. Excellent food and drinks, nice music, traditional grapes and funny New Year caps. Christmas tree was decorated with words in several languages so that every guest feels at home in the hotel.
Very friendly staff was always ready to help, recommended the best places to buy national stuff, booked tickets for new year party, provided right info on working hours of skating сenter and swimming pools during new year holidays.
All our requests were fulfilled and we are now more than happy about new year vacation we spent in Princep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The breakfast was excellent value with its variety, comprehensiveness, quantity, and freshness! And the 3-hour breakfast availability provided flexibility. I was thankful the staff was fluent enough in several languages to be able to help me. The staff was helpful with recommendations on where to eat, which bus stops to go to to catch the right buses, and in helping me change a previous travel reservation. The hotel is in a good location, close to a Cyber cafe and shopping. The boutique feel of the hotel was nice and the modern decor was interesting. Even though my first room faced onto the city street, I did not find noise to be a problem. I like that such amenities as hairdryer, toiletries, and in-room safe were available. The towels were pleasantly soft, and the shower had good water pressure and adjustable height. The air-con in my second room worked very well. I did receive a wake-up call as requested (albeit a little early).

As other travellers have said, the rooms are not spacious, but as a solo traveller, I did not find this to be a problem. My first room lacked a full-length mirror (but had a nice city view). I didn't care for the type of lighting by the bathroom mirror, and overall, the lighting was a bit dim in the room. Although the hotel offers free wifi, it would be more convenient if there was a computer(s) guests could use that was complimentary (or at least for a very reasonable price). The towel rack by the shower had too many rungs that were too close together to easily hang big towels. Toilet paper and bedsheets could be softer. There didn't seem to be any television channels in English and the remote did not work in my first room. The soap/shampoo rack with the wide spaces in some of the showers was not convenient (shampoo/soap would fall through).

Overall, I thought the stay was pleasant and of decent value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank lriglevart
Iowa
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It was ok, but as other reviewers pointed, rooms are kind of small. We had one that had the patio view and that made the small room to look sad. I was also expecting a little bigger TV, it was smaller than 32 inches. And yes, there are some details that don't make the hotel worth 4* from my point of view (and I am not a spoiled tourist, I have been to hostels and other humble hotels, I know what to expect) : old towels, overall decoration.
But as said, it's a good hotel to sleep, good location. We did not try neither the breakfast nor the lunch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We arrived here late and they were very accomodating. The rooms were clean, very quiet and affordable. We enjoyed the mountains and the shopping. The breakfast was wonderful (not included).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mndrittenhouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escaldes-Engordany
Hotel Exe Prisma
#7 of 35 in Andorra la Vella
Hotel de l'Isard
Hotel de l'Isard
#8 of 35 in Andorra la Vella

Been to Exe Princep Hotel? Share your experiences!