Hotel Crest
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Arinsal(Arinsal)
$44
  • Restaurant
Patagonia Atiram Hotel(Arinsal)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Hotel Spa Princesa Parc(Arinsal)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
  • Pool
$56
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Spa Diana Parc(Arinsal)(Great Value!)
$91
Cancelon
Hotel Montane(Arinsal)
Xalet Besoli(Arinsal)
Hotel Micolau(Arinsal)
Hotel Solana(Arinsal)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2008

You get what you pay for and with some change out of five hundred quid for a family of four to stay in The Crest for a week, my expectations were certainly not sky high - just as well as it turned out.

On the upside, the room was a decent size, clean and warm with quite a big balcony. There was also a chairlift right outside to take us skiing and let me see, what else was good about The Crest? Er, well, did I mention there's a chairlift right outside to take you to all the skiing?!

Truth is, the chairlift right outside The Crest is the best thing about this gnarley little hotel that has well and truely lost any mojo it may once have had.

The bar is drab, the lobby is drabber and if you're in the market for some tasty hot food then probably best to stay some place else - their restaurant is fowl, straight off a really bad episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

I also found the staff to be about as helpful as a gritter on a red run - they all seemed a bit "put out" and bored with us paying customers disturbing them in their hotel when all they wanted was a bit of peace and quiet. Paying what I'd paid to be there, I should have guessed that a basic weather forecast for the next day would be way too much information to expect from the dope on reception.

But taking poor customer service to a new low were the PANORAMA reps - muppets, a complete shambles, and downright rude at times. If you can travel with any other agency, do so, these three were the pits.

Like I said at the beginning, you get what you pay for, but this place is cheap and also a little bit nasty.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We have just returned (9-16 Mar 08) from the Aparthotel Crest. It is situated next to the chairlift, which is very useful. The other lift is the Gondola in the town centre. The hotel is at the top of the town, the town consists of one road going up a hill, the crest is at the top, approx 500m from the centre?? The area has a few bars, a couple of restaurants, a couple of small supermarkets and a few sports shops.

The rooms in the crest are pretty well decorated, very comfortable beds and plenty of storage. The drawbacks we found were, no kettle or tea making facilities in the room, you could buy drinks from the bar. Drinks at breakfast were free but evening meal there was no tea or coffee available, wine and soft drinks were available to buy. The roaring log fire was nowhere to be seen despite the selling point in the brochure. The food was ok but very bity, you couldn't put two things together to make a meal, ie, chicken nuggets and pizza?

The Spanish staff were very friendly, and as the week got onI warmed to the place, I think its a place I would go to every few years because the conditions were good. don't be fooled into thinking Andorra is tax free. If you want something price it up before you go and then compare prices, in UK I found 8GB Ipod Nano for £111, in Andorra average price 159.99 euros (exchange 1.20 euros to £) If you are into pub culture and are happy to take kids to smokey pubs you will love Arinsal.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Having read some pretty poor reviews about this hotel before we went i was naturally apprehensive about our forthcoming stay there. However on arrival my fears were put to rest by the clean and tidy appearance of the place and the friendliness of the bar and reception staff. Unfortunately though the games room promised to the children contained a pool table, an air hockey table and a football table, all of which were out of order, which was unsurprising given their apparent age. That left only 2 remaining computer games for the children to avail of and both required1 euro per go, so you can imagine how costly this could prove to be. For the 1st day or 2 the food was eatable, but theres only so much lukewarm processed food that you can eat and after day two we ate out in the town, despite having pre paid for half board. All of this however can be tolerated you do get what you pay for afterall, however the rudeness and aggressive attitude of the restaurant staff, and having articles stolen from our room is not what we bargained for whatsoever. Having complained about our property being stolen, we were further dismayed by the lack of concern and blaze attitude that came from our rep from panorama, nothing was done about it and the items were not replaced. By the way anyone with kids the chair lift is convenient to the slopes, but the snowball club (kids club) is 5 euro for 2 hours and I couldn't help but get the impression that the reps in charge of it would rather be somewhere else. I would certainly not recommend this hotel not even to my worst enemy.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Well having stayed at the Crest before I was more than happy to book it again, came on here beforehand to check up on reviews and ensure no major changes etc and all I can say is those people who have said anything bad must have been expecting something other than what they paid for.

We took my younger brother and sister with us this time, their first time skiing. Although the resort overall isn't ideal for more experienced skiers the areas of Arinsal and Pal were perfect for my brother and sister, they learnt loads in the ecellent ski and board school and built masses of confidence coming with us, being able to go just about everyhere.

With regards to the comments on the food, it is not an A' La Carte restaurant it's a buffet, there was always something that we liked and cannot complain about the overall standard, in fact I'd say after reading some reviews on here its exceeded expectations.

The rooms were of an excellent standard and I have personally paid lot more for a LOT worse, that goes for the food also. We had a door to seperate the rooms in our room, a very big bathroom, and I even had a soak in the bath, perfect to ease the aching calves! The fridge came in handy, and if you want to get into town I would recommend cheating and using the gondala and chair lift to save walking! (Lazy but far better than using the lift!)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank TA321
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We had a great time at this hotel. We had a door on our seperate bedroom and kitchen area with fridge if needed.
The food was a great variety, different each day. Not great for vegetarians, but then most other places here were like that too.
Directly next to chair lift to slopes, which was great for clearing a hangover. Use the storage lockers at the top for equipment to save hassel, about 50 euros for the week.
Only bad point was the price of water in the hotel, which you needed a lot of. Walked the hike down to the supermarket most days to stock up.
Highly recommend the ski school and had a great instructor called Sean. Will defo go again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends