“OK, Basic Hotel”
Review of Hotel Arinsal

Hotel Arinsal
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Arinsal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here in mid march on a week long ski trip with my husband, Location good in the center of town beside good restaurants , and a few bars, Hotel clean not overly warm compared with most hotels i have stayed in while on a ski break. Bedrooms very basic and small no frills more like a budget hotel . Staff friendly and pleasant, Breakfast adequate enough to keep you going for a few hours. all in all not a bad place if you get a good rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arinsal

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Arinsal is a good location. However next time I would pay more and stay at the Hotel Princesa Parc a minutes walk up the road.

There were empty shampoo packets on the window sill when I arrived and they remained there until I left. My floor was not swept/cleaned the entire length of my stay.

The radiator in my room worked occasionally, it was either boiling hot or freezing cold.

The worst thing about this hotel has to be the noise from the traffic and the hotel bar. Loud music was played most nights past 12 and on my last night when I had to get up at 6.30am continued until 3. I was on the back of the second floor with a fire door in between, I can only imagine the noise on the first floor.

Would definitely not return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Worse place I have ever stayed. I am currently laying in bed at 2.02am and haven't slept a wink! Music is so loud it's like being in a night club!! It's given me a headache, every night has been like this and I have to be up at 6 to leave for my flight, inconsiderate comes to mind! It's only getting louder!! It was loud to start with, it's now been turned up 3 times and its like sleeping next to the speaker!

Our towels have not been changed all week! Breakfast hasn't had a great selection.

Some of our party also changed their rooms due to the loudness!! We even shut the fire door to the first and second floor corridors to try drown out the noise. It didn't work!

It is so hot in the rooms and the radiators do not turn down. Cannot open the windows as it just makes the noise downstairs and outside more prominent.

I hate to think what this hotel is like peak season.

Pay some money and stay somewhere decent! PLEASE!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is the second time myself and my boyfriend have stayed in this hotel. While the hotel is basic the rooms are clean, service is good and the food is nice. They also have free wifi. My major grip with the hotel is that you can smoke indoors, but that's all over. Arinsal is such a lovely little town you don't spend that much time in your hotel. There are many bars & restaurants that do great food & drink deals. The atmosphere in the town is brilliant and everyone is very chatty. We are returning again at Christmas. I'm not a big fan of staying in the same place/hotel but it's such good value and brilliant fun that it's worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank DunneLynn
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just spent a week skiing in Arinsal, staying in the hotel Arinsal, had a fabulous week skiing, and the hotel was, although rated only 2 star, very pleasant, evening meal was a choice of 3 dishes, so something different every night and enough to satisfy the heartiest of appetites, breakfast had the European compulsory ham and cheese, cereal meats etc, always enough to keep you energised on the slopes. Bar prices were very generous, and the barman Fran, was always on hand to help with any problems, a friendly face after a hard day on the slopes, and always ready to pour you that most important beer!!!. good hotel, lived up to it's reputation. A lot of skiers i spoke to in resort, wanted to stay there, so it's doing something right!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on one side have main road traffic, and pedestrians On the other side you have the river rush...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel the last 2 years and its a good budget hotel with continetial breaky, close to the gondola and the local bars everything u need in a ski resort

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ciscoschris
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This VERY basic hotel should be avoided. The food!!!!! is well , !!!!!!. Twin room was tiny and no storage to speak of , not even a coat hook to hang your jacket on.
But worst of all is the overwhelming stench of smoke throughout the hotel. Thankfully we were 2 adults , had we had children with us we would have moved out.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arinsal
Hotel Spa Princesa Parc
#12 of 29 in Escaldes-Engordany
Hotel Antic
Hotel Antic
#2 of 3 in La Cortinada

Been to Hotel Arinsal? Share your experiences!