“a great experience...”

Vallnord Pal-Arinsal
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Arinsal
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Breathtaking views and a great experience. I went with a group of friends to this ski area. It was our first time skiing but classes were available. The class was enjoyable and helpful for beginners. The ski resort has plenty green and blue areas,it was great for beginners. A great trip. Highly reccommended!!

1  Thank Lucia M
There are newer reviews for Vallnord Pal-Arinsal

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Last week of the season and had 5 days on powder!! Fantastic. LIfts were not busy and staff helpful.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm an experienced skier and came here with my partner who was completely new to skiing. Both of us really enjoyed our stay here and we're already planning our return visit next season!

The ski resort has plenty well-connected green and blue runs, which makes it ideal for beginners. The ski schools around here also really deserve their fantastic reputation as the instructors are very good indeed - on Day 4 I could take my partner up to the summit with me and he had never even been near a mountain before, so that speaks for itself!

Although there are many easier runs in Arinsal and the neighbouring resort of Pal, I as an experienced skier certainly wasn't bored either - there is plenty of opportunity to go off piste, through the woods or try some trick skiing in the snow park, if the red and (few) black runs aren't enough of a challenge for you. This resort lets you choose if you want a relaxing run or challenge yourself, so there really is something for everyone.

It was my first time in Andorra and although it is smaller and overall less challenging than the ski resorts I am used to, all in all I am impressed and would recommend it, especially for beginners.

1  Thank SunChaser116
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Came here late march, and was expecting worse!
There is a great Iphone app for Vallnord which allows you to track everything you do, including speed etc.
The runs, although limited, were fun.

Snow was good, except in the afternoon, where it got very slushy...

Head over to Pal - thats a lot bigger, but be aware of LOADS of ski-schools, thats what the annoying thing is!

1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Small ski area, quite ice, low altitude meant lots of rain and little snow! still, a good resort for beginners