“Looked delicious, smelled delicious and tasted delicious.”

Cantina de la Adelita
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 10, 2017

As I walked by from the Casa de la Vall, I smelt this place from outside and knew I had to go in. One Desparado later and I couldn't resist ordering some pork scrunchions, nachos, dip and a salad. All vibrantly presented, the food came with saliva inducing smells... And, the taste - simply delicious. The service was great and the surroundings - just a kaleidoscope of colours of no apparent (to me) theme.. Wonderful place.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Our waitress was from Mexico City and you could tell the cantina was authentic. The nachos, chicken burrito, pastor tacos and Sol beer were delicious and the atmosphere was really cool.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

I love Mexican and the food here is really good. Nice atmosphere and a lot of people (low season).
We had the costillas diablo which was the best spareribs I ever had. And also the Ceviche (white fish version) which was equally good.
If you like Mexican, this is the place.
I also love Margaritas, and I have to say that I had better than their frozen version. But the beer and the food is enough for a 5 star rating!

Reviewed June 24, 2016

Having been in Catalonia for 3 months, I wanted to try Mexican. The same group owns a group of restaurants in Andorra la Vella: El Taller, Sushi Gong, and 2 edition of La Adelita. I went to the one on Placa Principe Benlloch 4 at about 815 PM on a Thursday night. As the only visible employee chatted away on her mobil phone, 3 customers waited-and waited-and waited. I am accustomed to somewhat indifferent service at Spanish restaurants (perhaps motivated by nearly non-existent tipping), but this was over the top. After over 10 minutes of standing, I left and made by way to the sister place, a block away. I was immediately greeted by several friendly persons who seated me, asked for my drink order, and brought me a menu. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where Mexican restaurants, good ones, flourish. La Adelita is not a Mexican restaurant by any stretch, but that's not to say it's bad. First, it is hard to find a Mexican staple, the bean, on the menu. There's no mole, pozole, green cheese enchiladas, burritos, camarones, or very much of anything vegetarian on the menu. I had a glass of white wine ( a safe bet), a green salad (comes with greens, cheese, avocado, and peanuts), a salmon ceviche, and a set of "tacos." I asked for the cheese and mushroom (?) tacos without meat and to include beans. My food was served promptly and nicely spaced. The salad was generously sized and very tasty. Next, the ceviche arrived, and it was OK, but it did not feature any lime juice, a staple in Caribbean ceviches. At about this time, I asked for "salsa picante." The waitperson brought 3 little dishes and described them: one was green and not hot, one was pico de gallo, and the last, fiery red, was "hot." The chunky pico was excellent, the green from a can, and the "hot" not so; nevertheless, I ate most of them to accompany the (thankfully) unsalted, overcooked chips with the ceviche. The taco were very good, but in a blind taste test, I would never have identified them as such. There was white cheese and mushrooms between a folded, warm flour "tortilla." They had either misunderstood or forgotten the beans. These were more like crepes than tacos. The whole meal cost 27 euros. It was good for a change. A word about the decor: it was wonderfully colorful. The chairs were of different shapes and sizes and colors, and the walls featured brightly-colored faces and murals. It was charming and nice to look at.

1  Thank james p
Reviewed March 15, 2016 via mobile

It's an absolutely lovely place with great Mexican style food and drinks. Located at the old city center of Andorra la Vella, near the church. The menu is not really big (they have just a few dishes) and in Spanish only. But all the food is really great! Try their burrito with Margarita cocktail.

1  Thank Irina D