“Centrally located place to stay”

Centric Atiram Hotel
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Andorra la Vella
Western Cape, South Africa
“Centrally located place to stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and in the heart of a busy shopping street. We had booked it in part for the advertised spa and fitness center, but were disappointed to find that there was an extra fee to use them. In addition, the fitness center would have benefitted greatly from a fan or air conditioning - it was very stuffy. The breakfast was outstanding though, and I could have stayed there sampling all of the goods for the entire morning. Waiting to be seated at a table for a buffet breakfast was surprising, and the flow of people may have been improved a bit if it had been self-seating (and expanded onto the underused terrace).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Emilio Y, Gerente at Centric Atiram Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
I’m truly sorry for the misunderstanding about our SPA zone. It’s not free because it’s too small for our hotel capacity. The maximum capacity allowed is 15 persons. We have air condition on it and it works right now. I’m going to share with my team in order to review if we have had a breakdown during your stay in the hotel.
Most of our clients do not want to sit in our terrace because of the distance with the buffet. We do our best to accommodate all people who comes all together at the same time. I apologize for the inconveniences during your staying.
But I must agree our location is unbeatable.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lineup for 25 minutes for breakfast.

Pay Extra to use the hot-tub (spa).

Wifi did NOT work, and it wasn't an exception. We had 5 different devices, and none could connect easily. Once connected, it would have been faster using a tin can and a string (or dial up) or smoke signals, for that matter.

Parking would have cost between 20 and 30€ a day!!!

NOT a 4 star hotel, by any stretch of the imagination!
(I read reviews that it wasn't a 4 star, but chose to ignore those reviews - I guess I'm at fault here)

How about a positive?

It's centrally located.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dr_Schuffhausen
Emilio Y, Gerente at Centric Atiram Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I’m truly sorry about the internet connexion, wich can slow down on rare ocurrences when guest traffic is high. Our parking price (21€/24 hours) is comparable to similar properties in the area or to European cities like Barcelona., and we feel we provide good value given our location.
We can not offer our clients the free entrance to our spa zone, because the maximum capacity of it, it’s only 15 persons. We have 155 rooms. In our web site, is clearly explained.
Neverthless I appreciate your feedback and will review your comments with my management team.
Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a huge group on a skiing trip, however, we felt treated as well as any other guest. Convenient, clean and friendly. Amazing staff and premises. Food and catering is excellent. I would definetely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Emilio Y, Manager at Centric Atiram Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, wich I have shared with my team. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 19, 2012

When I arrived I hadn't had time to have supper and I went to my bedroom. It had a king size bed and twins bed for my sons. The child's bed wasn't confortable becasuse the maltress was very soft. I think that the price was very expensive for the room. The walls are dirty on the top and we could see a foot step on the top. The tv was broken and the cupboard had a smaller space.It had self-service breackfast, and it was a problem to me because I couldn't relaxe with my family to enjoy this trip. I remember my homeworks when I must prepare the breackfast at home.
Perhaps in others conditions I return it but while my sons will be little I prefer another other where I can have more facilities.
The only good conditions were in the spa and nearly localitation to the shopping zone.When I paid the bill I had headache.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yolo t
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Arrived for one night stay only. Check in was cold and unfriendly to say the least and not very helpful. Room was nice and very large etc no view but difficult to get a veiw anywhere in La vella.
Breakfast was about the worst in europe raw uncooked bacon and very overcooked scrambled eggs etc. Waiter asked me if i would like fried eggs and i agreed however, he said they were extra charge, i wont tell you what i said to him. Sad but Andorra hotels are very poor on the service side they just dont care and for sure there are never any supervisors around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jax J
Emilio Y, Gerente at Centric Atiram Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, wich I have shared with my team, it helps us get better. We pride ourselves on our property unkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I'm truly sorry. We hope to welcome you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Booked 2 rooms in this hotel for a short stay in Andorra. It was a bit tricky to find with the Sat Nav going past the hotel - I had to get out the car and look for it. The underground parking was straightforward - part of the large mall next door.
Bit worried at first when the hotel seemed to have only 1 room booked for me but they provided another one (smoking) which we then had to change again for another non smoking one. The reception staff were friendly but mixed in terms of level of English - Catalan is their first language after all :)
As noted by others, the rooms are large and spacious and the aircon very effective - great given the heat! The breakfast was really good - nice catalan selection.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 6, 2012

great location, big rooms, very clean, good breakfast.
we have made a mistake with the dates when we booked the hotel by 'booking', when we got to the hotel were lucky enough to meet Dario- the amazing man in the front desk!!
he helped us find two rooms for that night, and was really nice with the whole situation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family