“Seriously good pizza”

L'Escenari de Pizzes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Small and familiar restaurant, with fresh and organic products. All is home made.
Switzerland
“Seriously good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

When travelling, it can often be a challenge to find a decent meal in an unfamiliar country. It was pure luck (and sore feet) that took me in the door at L'Escenari de Pizzes.

Not a big restaurant, it can seat maybe 20 customers or so. The waitress was friendly and welcoming. The decor of the place is simple and nothing to write home about. What is worth writing about was my meal.

I ordered a pizza "4 seasons" - the usual set of ingredients, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, ham, and also on this one something a little different - some kind of chorizo.

For 8.95, I wasn't expecting anything exciting... but not only was the size of the pizza unexpected, so was the quality. This was a seriously large and seriously yummy pizza. The tomato sauce was slightly sweet and very tasty, and it was topped with proper spanish cured ham.

The waitress asked if I wanted chili oil and I said yes, but in the end, I just was enjoying it too much as it was, so left it alone. The size defeated me, but I did my best to do it justice.

I reckon if two people went there, and one ordered a salad and the other a pizza, you would end up with two perfect meals.

• Visited October 2012