“Great place honest nice peeps you must try it!”

Moustakallis Tavern
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Polis
Cuisines: Barbecue, Greek, British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The first original and traditional Cypriot Restaurant-Taverna in Polis.Based just off the central square in the town of Polis Chrysochous by the ample Main Car Park. The style of food here can be described as Cypria-European offering exceptional quality local fruit, vegetables, poultry fish and meat.The restaurant has three different large dinning areas catering for all your needs. Having quiet spots, open spaces and family areas.Whether you are on your own or that large group there is a place for everyone,"YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!"
Reviewed October 15, 2013

One of the best great food, peeps and location keep it up ANDREAOUS . Yamas been going here for maybe 10 years never disappointed

Reviewed October 14, 2013

lovely situation in Polis, super staff, beautiful homemade baclava. All the food was noteworthy and made us want to go back for more

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The service was very good at this restaurant which was recommended to us by a passer by. The food was very good too. I was on holiday with my daughter who is a fussy eater and she enjoyed her meal too. The waiters were very polite and pleasant, and served a complimentary drink at the end of your meal. Not badly priced too.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited on Cyprus dance night. Restaurant very busy. Staff friendly and efficient. Had the meat meze which came in three installments, dips, vegetables and meat. Vegetables were the highlight. Meat selection was huge. All food was well cooked but the meze was lacking any originality. Having sampled meze over the years this one was fairly average.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and looking around people seems to be enjoying their food and the entertainment. Portion sizes were generous.

The entertainment made the evening

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Myself, my wife, her sister and her husband have just spent 2 weeks in Latchi and we were told by Simon from Debbie's cafe in Latchi to go over to Polis and try Moustakallis Tavern. He told us to go on Tuesday night as it is the Cypriot night. He told us you would need to book a table as it gets very busy. Simon booked the table for the 4 of us as he was going there himself with his family for the night.

When we arrived we were greeted by 'Papa' Moustakallis's and his son Andreas. That was a nice touch. We were shown to our table in the courtyard in full view of the entertainment that was being put on later that evening.

We ordered our food from a menu that accommodated virtually all types of food including the obligatory Cypriot dishes.

I chose the Liver, bacon and onions, which was that good that I had it two more times this holiday, it was absolutely amazing. It was cooked to perfection and was the most incredible dish I have had for a long time. The rest of our party said their meals were outstanding as well.

The staff were exceptional, very attentive and made sure you felt at home and what's more made you feel welcome!!!

We finished our meal and watched the Cypriot dancing that was laid on for us. The entertainment was great and obviously popular judging by the fact that the restaurant was full the rafters and people were being turned away from the restaurant because they hadn't booked.

I feel sorry for the other restaurants in Polis on Tuesday nights, as they must be empty because Moustakallis is so good.

We got the bill and we left after about 3 hours of eating and drinking. The bill was very reasonable especially when you consider how long we were in there.

We came back to Moustakallis 3 more times before we came home and each time the atmosphere and the staff we exceptional as was the food, especially the liver. (I may have mentioned the liver earlier and may mention it again before the end of this review).

'Papa' Moustakallis's and his son Andreas make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble.

Andreas told us that if there was anything that you fancied that was not on the menu then he would do his best to accommodate you, something my Brother-in-Law was keen to put to the test on our last night.

He couldn't decide between the liver (which, by the way, is fantastic), the Steak Dianne and the lamb chops, so he decided to have all 3, I am sure Andreas will remember that order for a while to come.

I have never seen so much food in front of one person, he referred to it as an English Meze as his way of justifying what he was about to stuff into his stomach.

I would say that in the 2 weeks we spent in Latchi that Moustakallis was without doubt the best restaurant we have eaten in.

We will definitely go back when we return next year as it was an unbeatable place to eat.

I would like to thank all of the staff at Moustakallis, especially 'Papa' Moustakallis and his son Andreas for making our holiday a special one and we are already looking forward to our return.

BY THE WAY THE LIVER IS AMAZING!!!!!

P.S. A big thank you to Andreas for the 2 tubs of Olives he gave me, they were absolutely amazing!!!

See you all soon. Paul & Sharon.