Forest Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$65
Troodos Hotel(Troodos)
$72
$67
  • Breakfast included
Christy's Palace Hotel(Pedoulas)(Great Value!)
$34
$32
Hotels.com
Casale Panayiotis(Kalopanagiotis)
$201
Ekali Hotel(Kakopetria)
$61
Club Aphrodite Erimi(Erimi)(Great Value!)
$81
$63
  • Pool
$60
  • Pool
Spring Hotel(Platres)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsswimming poolking faroukold worlddaphne du mauriersurrounded by treestroodos mountainsbuffet dinnerthe ownervintage hotelexcellent foodwide rangeold styletable tennisart decomid octoberlog firebeautiful surroundings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I went at Forest Park Hotel in Platres with my family, my husband and my son for two nights on Monday after Easter 2012.
The hotel has a very good location, between the trees and you can hear just the birds.
May be it needs some painting but this is not a real problem.
The staff were very friendly.
The room was clean and very comfortable but the sound isolation between the rooms is no so good. We could hear the people talking by the next room.
The TV had all the Cypriot channels and some more.
The only problem that I can see in this hotel is the breakfast. For a 4 star hotel should have more choices but for people that are happy with toasts, eggs, cheese and ham is OK.
In general is a good hotel. I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jasminNicosia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

A traditional hotel just 10 minutes walk from the centre of platres. Very old but at the same time very well maintained and everything is done under the shade of the owner and manager.

All the amenities required from a 4 star hotel can be found.

There are some very nice sitting areas for your afternoon tea or for relaxing at night next to the fireplace in cold winters.

Generally a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank ChrisLKA
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at The Forest Park, if you are looking for corporate blandness or boutique styling this is definately not for you. If you like a friendly welcome, clean rooms,good breakfast and a bit of old world charm I would recommend The Forest Park.The hotel is family owned and the the two brothers who run the hotel are charming.When we arrived we were shown into a sitting room with a log fire where we were served drinks and nibbles.There is a cosy bar where you can get a drink in the evenings after a day on the mountains.Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank raphiel8
FPHHotelManager, Director of Sales at Forest Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your nice words, describing our hotel how you saw it and experience it during your stay with us in March 2012. Over the last 2 winter periods the hotel remained closed for renovations and maintenance, and this year we will reopen on the 1st of April 2014.
We look forward to welcome you and your family once again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend at the end of January (my first review didn't appear!). They had just had snow so it was magical. Platres is a lovely village, great to walk around, with nice places to eat. A visit to the 'hand-made chocolate Shop is a must! The hotel personnel were all very friendly and professional. The room was clean and well-equipped. The balcony was covered so was a lovely place to sit. The water for the bath was piping hot and plentiful. The radiators made the room cozy. Breakfast was lovely. Everything was fantastic and I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in the beautiful Troodos area. I forgot to say that the hotel is surrounded by pine trees and was super quiet!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faltinor

Thank you for your nice words, describing our hotel how you saw it and experience it during your stay with us last March 2012. Over the last 2 winter periods the hotel remained closed for renovations and maintenance, but likely we did not have a heavy winter to miss guests like yourself that enjoy winter in mountainous Cyprus .
This year we will reopen on the 1st of April 2014.
We look forward of welcoming you and your family once again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Forest Park Hotel in Platres in CYPRUS is an old hotel which was built in 1936. Yes, it is old but I can surely say that it has been looked after very well. It is a very clean hotel. For me cleanliness the most important thing when I look for a hotel and this hotel is definitely clean. I didn't use all the facilities there. Therefor I have no idea about the spa for example and the indoor pool. But the rooms were very comfortable. It has a small lobby which I liked very much because I had the chance to meet local tourists from Baphos and I enjoyed their company beyond all measures. They were such fantastic people. There is also a big hall with a fire place where we had the chance to play cards and chat comfortably. As for breakfast, it was really good. It was plenty enough. I can't say I enjoyed the dinner. The food was not to my taste. Also a bit expensive for such a meal. (21 Euro). But the energy at dinner time was incredible. We had Greek music and the Greek ladies danced beautifully together in perfect harmony. We joined them and I felt a great sense of brotherhood. We felt as one.
The location of the hotel is great. TThe hotel is in the village of Platres, a very pastoral, pitoresque, natural, romantic village; perfect for walking and discovering. It is a village for walking. You feel a great part of the nature, the world, and the universe while walking in Platres. You feel alive. The air is sooooo fresh and healthy. Around the villages there are many tourist attractions. Trodos is one of them. But not the only one. Just get into your car and start driving towards North, south, east, or west. Wherever ... It does not matter. Just drive slowly. Because You will definitly want to stop continually.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends