“The Costomer is Always WRONG”
Review of Skylight

Skylight
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Platres
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in Platres, Troodos Mountains Skylight Restaurant is the perfect place to visit during your vacation, on a weekend, for an exquisite lunch or intimate dinner or just for no reason. During the hot summer in Cyprus, you can relax in the garden of our restaurant and enjoy the taste of our meals in combination with the cool mountain air. You can also have fun with friends or relax with your favorite book around our swimming pool, surrounded by blue sky, beautiful view and scent of flowers. Fine red wine, good company, a cozy atmosphere and delicious food. All this combined with winter wonderland outside differs Skylight Restaurant at the Winter.
Limassol, Cyprus
“The Costomer is Always WRONG”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

On 28 December i visited this restaurant late afternoon with my daughter, This was my second visit to this restaurant and my first was very pleasant, The restaurant is really beautiful and service ok,
My second visit was completely different, I ordered a pepper fillet steak exactly the same as what i had the first time i visited. However when being served my steak this time my eyes could not believe what i was seeing in front of me. The steak was completely dry, no juice oozing from it as it would have done had it been freshly cooked, i could have picked this up in my hand without and oil on my fingers at all. I asked the waitress where is the sauce, i ordered pepper steak there should be a pepper sauce. She said i ordered a plane fillet steak, but they could easily bring some sauce from the kitchen,
I did not want to argue, i was sure i had ordered pepper steak but i let it go and said bring the sauce, but even so this steak had clearly very clearly not been freshly cooked, It had either been cooked the day before and stored in the fridge where it dried out or possibly just been thrown under a grill and been cooked dry, I ordered a medium steak. The sauce came, clearly not freshly made, and a separate saucer came with it with dried pepper corns that i could add myself into the sauce.
I am one of these people who normaly is too embarrassed to complain in a restaurant, having worked in one for 8 years when i was much younger. Today i have just completed a 60km bike ride up the mountains and i was starving so i ate this steak but after i was feeling so cheated and thinking this is really by far the worst fillet steak i have ever eaten.
Had the waitress come and cleared our table i would have said nothing but the owner came and cleared and asked if the food was good and i could not hold my tongue , i told him how disappointed i was with the steak. The moment i said it he was so angry he would not let me continue to argue my case , he ran to the kitchen and bought a big long fresh piece of fillet from his fridge to show me which meant nothing to me because the piece i had been served had not been freshly cooked but he would not accept it, He started swearing at me in Greek which my daughter being half Cypriot understood every word and made sure as we were leaving he understood, He wanted me to pay and get out of his restaurant, The way he treated me was disgusting and i will never go there again and i am sure he will never allow me to eat there again simply because i complained

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank AndrePDLM
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your views on Trip Advisor.

It is regrettable to hear that our service did not meet to the standard we have.
We apologize for the disappointment expressed and would like to assure you that we value all guest comments.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Skylight...just wonderful x”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have been to the Skylight time and time again. The staff are wonderful, they are so happy to see all of their customers. They feel just like family, always giving us a warm welcome. The food is beautiful, such a wonderful selection of local dishes, cooked to perfection.
The restaurant also has its own swimming pool which is an added bonus, beautiful and refreshing.
We will certainly continue to visit on our way back down from the mountains.
The owners are just the most perfect hosts.

• Visited December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind comment!
We are glad to hear that, you enjoyed your visit at our restaurant and the food was up to your satisfaction!
One more time, thank you for taking the time to share your impression and your comment is greatly appreciated!

We will be delighted to welcoming you back soon!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The staff are very friendly, and personable. The Chef is excellent and his wife an excellent hostess!

A vast variety of food is available, including lots of local dishes as well as tourist specials.
The Restaurant is clean and tidy. The prices are very reasonable and the staff will answer any queries you have on the menu and also on the local area.

Well worth a visit and is a good place to find on a trip into the mountains - So much so that we have made special trips from Limassol time and again.

Possible the best restaurant on the Island - Miss it at your peril.

• Visited August 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Would like to thank you for visiting our restaurant and posted your review!

We are delighted to know that the service was up to expectations and you enjoyed your food!

Hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Ripon, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous place to eat and relax amazing food and excellent staff.....”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been to the skylight several times over the years and keep coming back for these reasons. Amazing food the Cyprus dishes and mezes are fantastic. The lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. The personal customer service from the staff and how they make you feel special and always remember you. I would definitely recommend the skylight to everyone visiting not only platres but Cyprus..... Our visit would never be complete without our visits to the skylight restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

First we want to thank you for your loyalty to choose Skylight Restaurant and for taking the time to share your positive comments on Trip Advisor!
We are happy to hear that, you enjoyed your visit at our restaurant!

Please know the satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and your comments are greatly appreciated!
We will be delighted to welcoming you back soon!

Vannes
“A very nice dinner”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Back to Troodos after a drive to Omodos, we decide to dine in Platres and chose the Skylight.
Not a bad choice.
Very nice "village" salad with smoked trout-excelent and delicious grilled trout. Very good choice of local wine.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Monpetit
Dear Reviewer,

Would like to thank you for visiting our restaurant and posted your review!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our trout fish and local wine!

Hope to welcome you back in the near future!