“Walk and Waterfalls”
Review of Caledonia Falls

Caledonia Falls
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Platres
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A leisurely walk to the waterfall gives more pleasant than the waterfall itself. Small waterfall (7-9 meters), a small creek and beautiful nature around - all this you will see if you visit this place.
You have to walk carefully on the track - there are a lot of tree roots and sharp stones. The walk takes 1-1.5 hours.
Decent food in a tavern at the trout farm is waiting for you after a walk.
Negative: There is WC in tavern, but only for the visitors of this tavern/

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I liked the total nature of it - nothing but trees, rocks, river, flowing water, a few quaint little bridges... a lovely escape from the madding crowd!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Finding this waterfall can be tricky, especially if you arrive from the wrong direction. It is signposted poorly and the sign posts do not necessarily point in the right direction. Once located, it is still a long walk to the falls on a hot day, mainly uphill. I witnessed a number of people who looked close to a heart attack and collapsed gratefully in the bench at the top. A few gave up and just stayed at the trout farm at the bottom. The route is rough, slippy and strewn with rocks and tree roots. There is an unsightly water pipe travelling from the top to the trout farm which is at best a trip hazard and in places likely to cause some child to fall head first over the edge .
I am a seasoned hiker and used to rough terrain and hills. I am concerned as this place attracts tourists who are unfit and ill equipped in very hot weather. Not a place to wear flip flops.
The falls are pretty, I expect they would be much better after a good rainfall. Someone has made an effort to label some of the flora on the route.
Took about an hour up and back at a leisurely pace.
Worth a look but don't expect to much and its free.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very well looked after route....and very clean...in fact we passed a guy who was collecting any garbage. Really nice and no negative comments....

Reviewed May 27, 2014

It's quite a long walk - uphill almost all the way - to the top of the falls so do be prepared. Wear good study walking shoes and bring a small bottle of water. The walk up wasn't too difficult or tedious. The climb wasn't steep at all - it was pretty gradual so it was an easy climb, however there is loose gravel and muddy spots along the way so just be careful. My 4-year old son was able to make it all the way up, and then down again all by himself. It took us about 50 min to make our way to the top - but we took our time and paced ourselves, and stopped to take photos and show our son the various plants, etc. The waterfall itself was average - but it is still pretty and well worth a visit. I guess we just enjoyed being with nature and the trek was fun and enjoyable and not too difficult. There was also a very friendly cat at the top who insisted on sitting on my lap - all in all a most enjoyable experience. I would come here again on my next visit to Troodos.

1  Thank Puppy71