The hotel is very pleasant so we returned home full of good memories of our 7 days winter break. Stayed there 24.02.2013-03.03.2013. The temperature was +19 +21 in the day and +9 +15 at night. The hotel is new, quite worth 4* though there were several complaints. But the price was reasonable.
- hotel's staff is very friendly;
- very good clean room (we booked just “Standard room inland view” and got №0202, which is located on the ground floor of the left side of the left wing). Room view was the hotel nearby (Venus) and partly at the sea. We had only one room (2 beds, LCD TV, radiophone (we got it only on the 5th day of our stay), ironing board, steam-iron, safe (free of charge), accessories for shower, white towels, built-in air-conditioner worked for cooling and heating – in our room it worked only for heating, perhaps, due to the winter season). Ground-floor terrace with a table and 2 chairs. It was surrounded by green plants so it brought great feelings of being in a small garden. This part of the hotel had sun withing all the day, the right side, on the contrary, was always in the shade (it should be distressing for winter/spring holiday I guess). The right side of the right wing overlooks the wasteland and construction project. It was quite warm in our room, though we didn't use heating. All 4 pillows were big that could be uncomfortable for somebody;
- huge variety of tasty food for breakfasts and dinners. We even didn't have lunches there. So BB should be enough for those who likes to sit and relax in the evening hours in bars/pubs or restaurants/tavernas;
- tennis court, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym (free of charge), bikes rent;
- the sea is clean and beautiful! But it is not the right place for swimming at all. You may go (2 min) to the small sandy beach of the Venus hotel. In winter it is good to swim in the indoor pool, temperature of water is optimal.
- right at front of the hotel there are bus-stop (NeoPaphos harbour is about 5-7 min, 1 Euro, or 3 Euro for the all-day-ticket) and supermarket Lidl. If you are brave to walk to the harbour, it takes about 50 min;
- Tombs of the kings open-air museum (1.7 Euro) is in 10 min by walk;
- the hotel offers free transfer to/from the Paphos' airport;
- there is roof terrace bar in the hotel with the nice view (it doesn't work in February though we could go upstairs just to have a look and to take pictures);
- hotel's guests are mostly from England and Cyprus, less - from Russia and Germany. Cypriots and russians are mostly young couples/families, and english and germans are mostly pensioners.
- low speed Internet and you have to pay for it (2 Euro for one day and 5 Euro for 3 days).
- noise insulation is terrible. You will hear all the heels steps, children or loud voices of the next room;
- there was no cooler in our room;
- there is no normal beach – should be useful information for those who goes there for swimming.
Thus, the hotel is very good and price is great for such services, location is perfect for those who like to relax, especially in spring or winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the historic Tombs of the Kings, it offers a variety of spacious high quality one, two and three bedroom suites, all encompassing a contemporary light modern decor that captures the Mediterranean spirit. All suits are designed to offer a unique home away from home experience of comfort and luxury. Other services include restaurants and bars, Spa and Bath House, gymnasium & fitness center, beautician and hairdressing salon, squash, indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Opens on 1 August 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, HostelWorld, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Capital Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Coast Hotel Paphos
- Capital Coast Resort And Spa