“Great setting”

Mother's Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 668 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a great restaurant in a quaint, traditional , quite setting, full of charm.
Mothers is run by two brothers , who are the most welcoming , warm people you could wish to meet.
Traditional Cypriot food is very tasty and reasonably priced.
A little hard to locate at first, but well worth the effort, only a few minutes back from the harbour.
Well worth a visit or two.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended this place by the guys from the Segway Tours opposite (which was a fab morning) so booked.
It was advertised as everything cooked in local style in a clay oven.
I chose literally the most expensive red wine on the menu at €17.50 a bottle! Not a glass! It was very average.
Choosing a starter was an issue as my first three choices were all not available. So we both chose the mushrooms in a Pitta. That’s exactly what we got, mushrooms with a little onion in a half Pitta. Unfortunately total uninspiring but acceptable.
My wife then ordered Stefado and I ordered a Sea Bream. Both arrived very quickly, my fish was nice, the Stefado was totally lacking flavour and just arrived with a small side salad and a huge boiled spud. It really looked like a dull dish and my wife agreed and ate about half without any of the huge potato.
The table was cleared and we waited. And waited, and waited. After over half an hour I went to the bar to complain. My wife had finished her drink 45 minutes by now and no one came to our table, just the guy who cleared and didn’t take orders.
At the bar I asked why we had just been left, I was greeted with nothing but a shrug of the shoulders. I asked for the bill , paid and left.
This place is hard to find and very easy to miss, my suggestion is it should remain ‘missed’. They don’t deserve your money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very cozy place with special atmosphere. The dishes were delicious and fast served. Very tasty garlic butter was served as a starter. The personnel is really friendly and so sweet cats, many thanks for positive emotions! This is a place where I want to return. Strongly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely jubbly, an old favourite of ours. The food is good and the owners are always on top form. The lamb kleftico is superb.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here on a short holiday and have been into Mothers twice within the week. On both occasions we were welcomed enthusiastically and made to feel special. On both occasions we went for the special & on both occasions they were absolutely delicious. Without doubt the most authentic Cypriot food in the area and family run for the past 35 years
The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Oh and the prices are really reasonable.
If we are back in town we will definitely be back to visit.

1  Thank Divvereens