“Disappointing and old fashioned”

Flambe Master Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 544 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: European, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff
“Disappointing and old fashioned”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went here because it was recommended to us - I cannot do the same to others. The locale itself is pleasant and the menu is appealing enough if you like steak (which I do!). We got off to a bad start when I noticed that my wine glass was dirty with sediment in the bottom of it. This was not in itself the problem as these things happen, but the outright rude reaction of the morose waitress set a really negative tone which we didn't come back from. She was sulky, never smiled and demonstrated a poor attitude from the start. This was a shame as the chef/owner seemed quite nice - just not enough to compensate for his staff, neither of whom were very welcoming or sunny. The food is all cooked at the table on flambe' trollies. It is a bit old fashioned (we had steak diane from 1976) but the portions are generous and the dish was tasty. That said, it is not cheap and the whole experience was average at best.

• Visited November 2013

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went here for a birthday meal and once again the team did not disappoint! The food and atmosphere was fantastic and we were even lucky enough to have the birthday girl in our party invited to join Kerry and flambe her own meal! As long as you order from the Flambe menu, you will have the food cooked in front of you and it is so clever how quick and easy they make it look. Everyone in our party had a fantastic time and we were all amazed with how good the food was!

• Visited October 2013
Chatham, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing - best steak ever!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my husband visited the Flambe on our first wedding anniversary last week. I had been about 8 years ago with my family and the Flambe was just as amazing as before!

This was definitely the best meal we had all holiday. The food is cooked in front of you at a cooking station bought up to your table. We had starters first (which we didn't need, the mains were big enough!!) - there was a really big selection of starters which I was pleased to see. My husband had calamari but I stuck to the garlic bread - both lovely.

For mains, of course we went for the flambe menu - I had the Steake Diane and my husband had the Kerry's special. 2 of the biggest fillet steaks I have ever seen went into the pan along with plenty of mushrooms, onions, sauces, garlic, herbs, pepper... and lastly the alcohol is added and the whole thing goes up in flames! Amazing to watch and even better to eat.

Both steaks were cooked perfectly and were really good cuts of meat, the sauces were so rich and full of flavour, they were gorgeous, and we had a generous plate of chips and a salad to share. All for 22 euros each! Amazing, really can't fault this place at all, and I look forward to my next visit to Pahpos so I can return to Flambe once again.

What a gorgeous little restaurant. Great atmosphere, amazing food, and gorgeous cocktails!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Natalie C
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant !”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visit Paphos every summer and always make a point of visiting this restaurant. We have just returned from a two week holiday in July/August and made a point of dining there on two separate occasions. The food was excellent, Kerry and his team of ladies were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble for them.
My son was 18 whilst on holiday there, they even dimmed the lights, sang happy birthday and brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne.
Would recommend the Flambé to anyone.....keep up the good work Kerry and the girls !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stuart G
Fyti, Paphos, Cyprus
“Consistently good meals”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Possibly our favourite restaurant in Paphos , Flambe always delights with high quality meat on the menu. There's a good choice of meals available but as the name suggests, the best experience is to sample a flambeed meal at the table cooked by proprietor Kerry or his two very attentive staff. Firm favourite with us is the Steak Diane, with a sauce to die for.No matter how busy he usually calls round at the table (if the girls are cooking) to check how things are and the meal is often rounded off by a complimentary drink (or two!). Undoubtedly a fine dining experience. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited August 2013