“Nice place”

Ranked #171 of 563 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you want to try here book first its really popular. Went for a meal a few times and it was always busy. The staff are friendly and the food is good.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I am coeliac and even though we had planned to go to this restaurant ,as we had visited on previous holidays,we noticed the sign saying they provided for food allergies.so when we booked I told them I was coeliac and they said they could do me homemade pizzas,pasta and moussaka.I pre ordered the moussaka as I had not had this since I was diagnosed twelve years ago.
First of all I was greeted with home made bread and then I got served the most delicious moussaka
There was a good choice of gluten free puddings ,although I was full this time I will certainly be going back to try these.so thank you to the chef for making the effort and to the lovely helpful friendly waiter.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Mataxas Restaurant although situated on a small side road and easily missed, was on the route we walked daily from our accommodation to the main street (Tombs of the Kings Road) where most of the bars, restaurants, gift shops and other eating/retail outlets were to be found in this area of Paphos.
Not being overly passionate about Italian food, it was well into our holiday before we ate there, and primarily because I'd been disappointed with the quality of food we'd had in several other restaurants along the main strip (the British influence of 'CHIPS' with everything is not favoured by all!!).
I chose Calamari Provincale as a starter and Pasticcio as a main, both from the 'My good old Grand-Ma's specialities' menu (on their website). The Calamari was without doubt the most delicious I've ever had the pleasure of eating.......... and I've eaten it many times. It was cooked to perfection and served in a rich creamy fish stock based sauce that had the most wonderful flavour. My only disappointment on tasting the first mouthful was that I'd ordered it as a starter and not as a 2 gallon bucket full!!!.......IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Similarly the main course of Pasticcio was equally enjoyable. That too was cooked to perfection and delivered such a wonderful combination of flavours.
The restaurant itself is delightful, exceptionally clean with well dressed tables and a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. The staff were attentive, polite, courteous and very friendly and enjoy interacting with their customers. I understand from my conversation with them the Chef Stephanos lived & worked in the UK as a Chef for many years before returning to Cyprus and developing the Mataxas restaurant.
The quality of the food far exceeded any other we found during our holiday, simply a great place to enjoy a superb meal. So much so, we returned for our evening dinner there on the last night of our holiday. If we return to Cyprus in the future, Mataxas Restaurant will be one of the reasons why.

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went to Metaxas on our last night in Paphos and I can't recommend it enough! As a coeliac who can't eat dairy, it was amazing to go to an Italian whereby they offer plenty of options (including pizza and pasta for the gluten free). Service was excellent, food delicious and reasonably priced. Thank you to Stefanos and his team!

1  Thank Harrietcamilla
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Restaurant was close to where we were staying so we thought we would give it a try. Atmosphere was nice and cosy, manager and waiter were both very helpful. The food was really good not just a typical Italian, and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back.