“A Gem off the Main Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Metaxas

Metaxas
Ranked #133 of 542 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gamlingay, United Kingdom
“A Gem off the Main Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Mataxas Restaurant although situated on a small side road and easily missed, was on the route we walked daily from our accommodation to the main street (Tombs of the Kings Road) where most of the bars, restaurants, gift shops and other eating/retail outlets were to be found in this area of Paphos.
Not being overly passionate about Italian food, it was well into our holiday before we ate there, and primarily because I'd been disappointed with the quality of food we'd had in several other restaurants along the main strip (the British influence of 'CHIPS' with everything is not favoured by all!!).
I chose Calamari Provincale as a starter and Pasticcio as a main, both from the 'My good old Grand-Ma's specialities' menu (on their website). The Calamari was without doubt the most delicious I've ever had the pleasure of eating.......... and I've eaten it many times. It was cooked to perfection and served in a rich creamy fish stock based sauce that had the most wonderful flavour. My only disappointment on tasting the first mouthful was that I'd ordered it as a starter and not as a 2 gallon bucket full!!!.......IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Similarly the main course of Pasticcio was equally enjoyable. That too was cooked to perfection and delivered such a wonderful combination of flavours.
The restaurant itself is delightful, exceptionally clean with well dressed tables and a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. The staff were attentive, polite, courteous and very friendly and enjoy interacting with their customers. I understand from my conversation with them the Chef Stephanos lived & worked in the UK as a Chef for many years before returning to Cyprus and developing the Mataxas restaurant.
The quality of the food far exceeded any other we found during our holiday, simply a great place to enjoy a superb meal. So much so, we returned for our evening dinner there on the last night of our holiday. If we return to Cyprus in the future, Mataxas Restaurant will be one of the reasons why.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nick B

• Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went to Metaxas on our last night in Paphos and I can't recommend it enough! As a coeliac who can't eat dairy, it was amazing to go to an Italian whereby they offer plenty of options (including pizza and pasta for the gluten free). Service was excellent, food delicious and reasonably priced. Thank you to Stefanos and his team!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Harrietcamilla
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Restaurant was close to where we were staying so we thought we would give it a try. Atmosphere was nice and cosy, manager and waiter were both very helpful. The food was really good not just a typical Italian, and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb, Excellent.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I don't know why we haven't dined here before last night, as it appears we have been missing out on a fantastic experience. The food was GREAT. Only thing I just missed out on was the Tiramisu, the last was ordered by two ladies. However, the chef made me something equally as nice. My husband had sticky toffee apple cake....OMG ....the portion size...it was enough for two :). Waiters were very polite and attentive with the chef talking with customers to ensure all was ok. Definitely will be returning.

1 Thank LadyBird151
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fantastical - i am pretty sure this is not a word, but what a great restaurant.

My wife and I were in Cyprus for 5 nights and we ate here twice.

Great people, unique food at great prices - maybe 10-16 euro per main course

The chef comes out to say hi, the servers are very very nice - great atmosphere

You definitely have to go and experience it for yourself.

1 Thank ilovecorndogs