“Gorgeous food”

Ranked #177 of 566 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Restaurant was close to where we were staying so we thought we would give it a try. Atmosphere was nice and cosy, manager and waiter were both very helpful. The food was really good not just a typical Italian, and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I don't know why we haven't dined here before last night, as it appears we have been missing out on a fantastic experience. The food was GREAT. Only thing I just missed out on was the Tiramisu, the last was ordered by two ladies. However, the chef made me something equally as nice. My husband had sticky toffee apple cake....OMG ....the portion size...it was enough for two :). Waiters were very polite and attentive with the chef talking with customers to ensure all was ok. Definitely will be returning.

1  Thank LadyBird151
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fantastical - i am pretty sure this is not a word, but what a great restaurant.

My wife and I were in Cyprus for 5 nights and we ate here twice.

Great people, unique food at great prices - maybe 10-16 euro per main course

The chef comes out to say hi, the servers are very very nice - great atmosphere

You definitely have to go and experience it for yourself.

1  Thank ilovecorndogs
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Decided to give this place a try after reading some good reviews. However I was very disappointed. This place is no more than a standard "couldn't care less" holiday resort eatery. The food was fair but nothing special and the service, or lack of it, dreadfully slow and at times non existent. Our waiters were either talking to themselves or preparing other tables whilst we sat waiting to order. There are worse places in Paphos but if you go to Metaxas just don't be looking for anything special, oh and compared to the norm out in Cyprus it is expensive too. I normally tip generously, this place left me so unimpressed my tip was withheld.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were dissapointed to have found this lovely restaurant on our last night because we would have gone back a few more times to try other items on the extensive menu. The service is impeccable and the theme is Cypriot / Italian. I would recommend trying this restaurant, the food is delicious, the prices are affordable and the dining experience leaves you longing for another visit.