“seriously unbelievable food”

Ranked #177 of 567 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Can't compliment the food more than OMG.if you don't go its your loss.staff are friendly and attentive but not in your face.very good prices.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Having looked at restaurant reviews prior to our trip, we were delighted to find Metaxas just round the corner from our hotel. A charming place tucked off the main road specialising in Italian and Cypriot food. Tastefully decorated with an opera theme this was a haven of culture, linen serviettes and beautiful glassware. We were warmly welcomed and the attention was perfectly balanced. The food was divine although don't eat too much of the warm pittas and homemade garlic butter as you won't do your dinner justice!!! We had beef stifado which was served with beautifully cooked vegetables and sautéed potatoes (hurrah not a chip in site!!!) and the vegetarian lasagne which was divine followed by the halvas ice cream - a perfect dessert as it was not too sweet and cleansed the palate. Excellent value as for two of us with a starter, 2 mains, 1 dessert, a bottle of red and a water came to €55. We loved it so much we returned for our final night where the steak was cooked to perfection and the vegetarian ravioli was delicious.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had an excellent dinner there, the kids loved their meals too. And when I asked the bill I was told that paying cash earns you a 15% discount.

1  Thank GeertM50
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went here after hearing good reports for dinner one evening at around 6.30 pm on a very hot evening. Upon sitting down I was approached by what I can only describe as an effeminate gentleman who demanded I button my shirt! Now, this was no bare chested escapade; I had a white vest underneath a long sleeved shirt which I chose to have open because of the heat. We left immediately and if this is these peoples approach to paying customers my advice folks is to STAY CLEAR. There are too many nice restaurants in Paphos to have to put up with these folks nonsense.

5  Thank Jason R
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were staying at the Elysium and were looking for something a little quieter and with a local feel nearby. Metaxas was fantastic. Run by enthusiastic staff - great Italian-Cypriot fusion.
Lovely quiet place just off the main drag but feels miles away.
Their freshly-made specialities were unexpectedly good. Especially the halva ice cream - some of the best ice cream I've ever had.

1  Thank FifeClub