“lovely park but very rude staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Useful Information: Activities for young children
Chlorakas, Paphos, Cyprus
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“lovely park but very rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

i came to the zoo today with a nursery what a nightmare to organize the lady on the phone XENIA was the RUDEST person ive met in my life anything you asked you got a snobby answer after we finally got it organized and got there she was at the gate as well and because the bus wasn't full she said that we lost her business today and we should pay for the bus she never told us we needed to fill the bus she only asked me how many was going and i told the an about number and that i wasn't sure on the exact amount . not only was she rude she was also RACIST saying " its true what they say about english there all the same " and i cant see how we lost her business when altogether we spent over 200 euros the way she spoke to me tho it sounds like she don't need the customers . also she never told me when i first called we will need to order food on the day before and she called me up to ask and because i said im not sure we will order there , and she shouted at me saying i told u u have to call and order your food before , the only thing she told me to call 3 days before was so they could organize the bus when i called i spoke to a lovely VERY POLITE english guy the complete opposite to her and was very helpful . its a shame there is one person ruining the zoo ( xenia) because its a lovely park and the kids really enjoyed it but i wont be coming again because i don't appreciate being talked to like sh*t .

Visited October 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pafos Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I last came here when it was the 'Bird and Animal Park' but it has since become 'Pafos Zoo'. There's been a lot of development since my last visit, with the addition of white lions (which were amazing!) and soon they'll be having elephants so I'm looking forward to seeing them on my next visit.

The park is really well kept and the animals are well looked after. We went later in the day (at about 4pm) and stayed until sunset. As we walked past the white lion enclosure they were about to be fed and the female lion was loving the keeper like a pet cat would its owner so it seems that the animals are pretty happy and cared for.

It's really developing into a great place. I look forward to making a return trip to see the elephants and meerkats!

Visited September 2012
Vienna, Austria
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cyprus safari:P”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

A really great effort is put into this place by the owners! You can feel that they love what they are doing and this place is worth to be given a chance to expand and develop! Probably the best and most taken care of animal park in Cyprus!

Visited June 2012
Carlisle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Zoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Loved seeing all the animals and birds. Giraffe rubbing it's face against the keeper suggested that the animals are well cared for. Hot walk from the bus stop as we took advantage of Cyprus's great public transport 3 euros for a day ticket.

Visited September 2012
Scotland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Poorly advertised, a bit of a disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Half of the park is still being built, and I visited in the summer, just a few months ago.
You cannot see anything; as mentioned in another review, the animals are often nowhere to be found.
The zebras and giraffes cannot be seen, and there were no elephants.
We had to pay more to feed the giraffes, or to even see them! They weren't brought out unless some poor sucker paid to feed them. We waited half an hour to see them.
The food was pretty good though, we had hot food at the restaurant and it was fresh and good quality. However, the outside part of the restaurant was very dirty, and crawling with ants. (It's outside so I can't really complain) If you're going to have something to eat, sit inside!
The bird show was quite poor; having seen bird shows in Lanzarote and Spain, I was disappointed with this one. It was crowded and quite noisy compared to others I'd seen.
The zoo itself is quite small compared to others; no aquatics or rarer animals like other zoos I've been to.
I recommend for a smaller family, as it is very expensive for what it is.
Do not visit on an extremely hot day, as there is poor shelter, and the animals cannot be seen.
It's not the best, but it's not the worst.

Visited June 2012