“One in a million.....!!!!!!!!”

Daphne Hotel Apartments
Ranked #78 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is something special. I went on holidays with friends during Christmas holidays to Paphos Cyprus and we were looking for something central and good value for our money. We found this at Daphne Hotel Apartments. The hotel managed to accommodate us with 4 adults per room and we did not expect the rooms to be so spacious and clean. The rooms were fully equipped with anything we could possibly need for our holidays, kitchen ware and appliances, hair dryer, fully air conditioned and central heated rooms. Fresh linen and towels changed frequently and the most important HOSPITALITY. Other hotels could learn from the way the staff works with a clear goal of serving its customers. Anything we asked during our stay there, and I mean anything, they made sure to try and provide it to us. The reception, new more information about the area and the island than the tourist information office and were more than wiling to show us directions to wherever we wanted to go. The bar staff was so pleasant and the cocktails and shots we had there where out of this world. The maids were so polite and welcoming, always tried to be discrete when entering to clean the room, and always with a smile on their face. I must congratulate the manager because he is doing one hell of a job managing that place. Ok, the hotel isn't brand new, but we didn't even think about it, since we where having such a great time there and it was so nice and clean. Honestly, they managed to provide me and my friends an unforgettable experience, and they had us so overwhelmed when we were leaving, that we all booked again for next year. I would like to say to all the people that gave Daphne bad reviews, that you have to appreciate the fact that it is a small family hotel in the heart of Paphos struggling to maintain in this economic downturns, and they are doing so with character, hospitality and one hell of a service, and there are not many places like that left in our modern times. Thank you Daphne staff for everything, looking forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: Any room just go and experience a lovely holiday!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sylvia H

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just returned from a lovely holiday from Paphos-Cyprus. I didn't expect to have such an amazing time in a off season time of the year. The hotel location was excellent, a minute away from anything you can possibly think off. Most of the bars, restaurants, archaeological sites, souvenirs and cafes are right outside the hotel door. A huge supermarket right opposite and the bus station only a half a minute walk form the hotel. The hotel staff was amazing, truly informed about the area, friendly, willing to serve our every need and provide information for any query we might have had. Honestly I have never had a service provided in such a way before. The Daphne hotel apartments provided a better service to me and my family than any other hotel I ever been in the world. I was so overwhelmed by their hospitality that the first thing on my mind when I return home was to right a good review for this lovely hotel and the lovely people working in the hotel. Thank you very much for enabling me and my family to experience a relaxing, enjoyable and unforgettable holiday. Already booked for September and I just can't wait for that day to come. The rooms are being refurbished as well as we speak, with new laminated floors to freshen the place up. Reading some of the previous reviews, I can not understand how could someone find anything to blame this hotel. The people are wonderful, the location is amazing, the service is out of this world, and since renovation is being made there is nothing that I think anyone can say to fault this hotel. Thanks again to all the staff and I will be seeing you soon and so are all my friends and family when I inform them about the place.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are more sunny
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

hotel rooms were very spacious but dilapidated . the kitchen appeared to be approx 10 to 15 yrs old and the furniture not much younger. curtains frayed and ill fitting. the pool was the most uninviting i have ever seen, patched up tiles everywhere and the surrounding area was concrete covered in torn green baize.the redeeming features were the excellent staff who couldn't be more friendly and helpful and the quality of the food. the bar has very competitive prices and a happy hour that lasted for 4 hrs at prices you usually only dream of nowadays. the bus station is a 3mins walk away and you can go anywhere for 1 euro.

Room Tip: can't really comment as our pool view room we paid extra for had a 30 ft tall tree in front of i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joe c
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visited Daphne hotel apartments for the 6th January celebration of Orthodox "theofania". A basic starting point, VERY CHEAP for exploring Paphos.
Apartment basic with basic facilities like cooker/ oven etc. Very cheap and good for long time stay for budget holidays.
Most of the places in Paphos can be visited on foot.
There is also a small private car parking (with deposit almost as much as the room rate).
Apartments are in need of refurbishments, however in such a low rate YOU WONT CARE.
There are a lot of restaurants to choose from for breakfast/lunch/dinner, supermarkets and convenience stores very close by, the new Kings Avenue Mall is around 2km away. Therefore for budget/no frills tourism, Daphne is ideal.
There is a swimming pool onsite (NOT THE BEST AROUND).
There is a restaurant onsite and lots, lots in few steps away
There is a beach nearby (NOT THE BEST)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TomasMousoulides
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to cyprus. Well where shall I begin we arrived around 9 in the evening it was quiet as it was December and out of season we were taken to our room did not see much as I was tired and wanted my bed. Our apartment was at the far side ground floor overlooking the pool so not to bad so far the bed was a bit hard like sleeping on a board I managed to sleep on it just other people may like it. In the morning we had a good look around and I agree with what a lot of people say it does need some refurbishment but looking around the resort during our stay I could say the same about a lot of the hotel/apartments at the end of the day you get what you pay for and we did not pay a lot if you want 5* then you will pay the prices we payed for a 3* and got it so why people moan I do not know why I think when people go abroad to another country they think it's like staying in a hotel in the UK well wake up and smell the roses ITS NOT the same. your holiday is what you make it and the Daphne had charming and helpful staff, the room was cleaned everyday, the outside does not look its best but it was cleaned everyday, the pool was cleaned out everyday. so like I said before accept what you pay for if you stay here. If you don't like the music from the Rose pub at 2 in the morning do what I did close the bedroom door. If you want hot water do what I did and run the water in the bathroom, make a brew and when you have drunk it the water was great so my final say is Improvise, Adapt and then Overcome go on holiday and enjoy it, we did.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 which was at the rear so I would advise staying in this block as the bedrooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KatePoc
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry to say that the apartment we stayed in was way below what we expected. Entry to our apartment was down a path which had some old loose chip board covering a problem in the pathway around the back of the swimming pool leading us to a back door entrance in a car park. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor so we had to carry our suit cases up there. When we got to our apartment the door was very shabby and looked like an old shed door that needed painting. Opening the door we found an outdated sitting room/kitchen but thought we could be ok for the time we wee staying. We then went into the bedroom to find someone had burnt the carpet with an iron and there were other burns as if someone had left a tea light on the floor. We turned on the tap in the kitchen and found it leaked and we could not get hot water. We then went into the bathroom and found that the back if the door had paint hanging off it and the door looked like it needed to be replaced because of the water splashing from the shower. We tried the shower and could not get hot water there either. We went to reception and the manager came up to our apartment to see our problems. He left the taps running for what seemed about five minutes and the water began to heat up. He said he would get the leak fixed next day. The bedroom was outdated with splits in the lining of the curtains. The bedside lockers were not clean enough to put any socks etc in so we cleaned them ourselves. The wardrobe wasn't much better. I found a couple of small cockroaches in the bath and killed them. I also found a couple of small ones in the kitchen and killed them too. We looked out on to the swimming pool and saw that there was a green film under the water at all edges. The area surrounding the edge of the pool was covered in a green baize carpet type of material witch was quite loose in places. There were lots of cats around some of them sleeping on the sun loungers. However, the staff were very nice and were always very friendly and helpful. They deserve better. As of the customers who use the Accomodation.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trev1207
Reviewed November 22, 2013

In the reviews, the Daphne had less noise complaints than other comparable hotels and since the price wasn't too bad, I decided to chance it. The positives: The location was really great! Right along the waterfront, a short walk from the Paphos Castle, Archaeological Site, and the Harbor Bus Station. But there are downfalls to being right in the center of the action... really loud, really bad live music. Even though I was at the far back corner of the hotel, the live music from the Rose Pub across the street was so loud, I could sing along to the Pearl Jam covers word for word even with all of the doors and windows closed. Luckily, with some good earplugs, I was able to get some sleep. On the plus side, the front desk staff was also really courteous and very helpful.

Room Tip: Not a place for light sleepers! The pub across the street plays incredibly loud music from 10pm-1am.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo