All reviewsrose pubbus stationbudget accommodationbig supermarketbedroom apartmentsea frontmoussakaself catering apartmentfresh towelsrestaurants and barscleaned every daycleaned dailycoral baycyprusstavrosnightlifemaids
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Daphne is the worst place we have been on, ever. Smelly and dirty rooms. Ants all over the kitchen and bathroom. We were four familys travelling togehter.Blood and dirt on bedlinen upon arrival, pubic in the bathrooms and hair in the apt. The place need a total renovating. Though it was very central, but never again at this apartments.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hjbjhj
Reviewed July 20, 2013

we stayed here for 3 weeks in april . hotel staff were very good and helpful . the rooms were kept clean but the place really does need renovating as its beggining to look a bit tired and old . hotel is very handy for reaching the beach and local attractions and night life . its ideally situated . not a top hotel by far but non the less we thoughrally enjoyed our time there .

Room Tip: get a room to the rear of the hotel as its quieter there
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent 10 days at the Hotel. The hotel is great for the price. The apartments are equipped with all the necessary. We only bought detergent for a dish and a sponge. The rooms were cleaned daily, the sheets were changed a couple of times and the towels every other day. Our room was large with two bedrooms. The decor in the rooms was a simple but OK.
The Daphne is perfectly located. There is a beach, promenade, supermarket, restaurants and bars, probably a 5 minute walk maximum.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
We were very pleased with the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dileona
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent 10 days at the Hotel and we had an amazing time in Paphos. The hotel is equipted with all you need and the apartments too. The basic as air conditioning with dirty filters, cutlery with insects and roaches into the drawers. bedlinen and towels with big stains. no vacuum for the entire week. We found great customer service in the staff restaurant, but I cant say the same for the reception which even didnt show any regards when we delivered the keys. cleanliness is not the priority of this place and either the discretion. we had 2 people from the staff bumped into the room in the morning without using the interphone.
it' s alright if you want to be in the main road, but dont expect to have the cleanliness of your own house.
A big thank to the Restaurnt staff and the Chef who have been really helpful and made our suppers enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dadi84_13
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have read other reviews on here about The Daphne and I always try to be impartial in my comments. To start with, the place is very tired and shabby but I found it to be comfortable and we seemed to have the basics we needed. Based on other reviews mentioning the busy road, if noise is an issue for you at night, then request a quiet room. We stayed the last week of June 2013 as a family (which included our 11 month old granddaughter) in a 2 bed apartment. We requested a quiet ground floor room and this is what we got except that the location of the Daphne makes it impossible to drown out all of the noise. A cot was waiting for us when we arrived and the sofa bed had been made up ready for my son. The rooms seemed to be cleaned daily, I think the sheets were changed mid week and there seemed to be fresh towels every other day. They even provided a little hooded towel for our granddaughter which I thought was a lovely touch. As far as the rooms go, they are basic but come with free air con which is a godsend. Ours didn't work in one of the bedrooms but I didn't bother to complain. The shower was a bit dodgy but we learned how not to flood the bathroom floor and the corners of the rooms were not regularly cleaned as my granddaughter discovered when she crawled into them!! That said, I found the beds comfortable although the curtains were half hanging off in the bedrooms. We were a party of 5 but only had 2 chairs to our terrace/balcony table. I noticed that some apartments had airers to dry towels etc outside but we didn't. Again, I didn't complain about any of this as it wasn't crucial to our comfort. I cannot fault the location of the Daphne for proximity to the seafront or harbour. It really is excellent and central to all the restaurants and cafes but the beach itself is some distance, probably a 20 minute walk minimum. Always seems more in the heat! The bus station is approximately 7 minutes walk and you can get cheap buses to loads of different places so don't waste money on agent excursions. If you fancy doing a boat trip or paragliding - make sure you haggle on the price. You don't have to pay what they say! For cheap beer and a decent breakfast, Camares on the sea front is good value. The bars near the Daphne can get extremely noisy at night and one night the Daphne turned it's restaurant into a sort of nightclub with very loud music playing. It was hard to get to sleep that night! The pool itself was lovely and clean although a little small and I can imagine in peak season, there might not be enough sun beds or space around the pool. There is a bar by the pool but it was never open when we stayed. One top tip, get public transport from the airport, it's only 1.50 euros per person (over 12 I think - free under 12), takes around 25 minutes and they run approximately every 30 minutes. Have a look at Cyprus Bus - route 612 for more details. When I booked the holiday they wanted to charge me around £100 for transfers. It ended up a total of 12 euros both ways using the bus! There are 2 stops either side of the Daphne but the driver will probably take tell you to get off at the harbour which is the end of the route. You will pass the Daphne on the way and it's just a short walk back although difficult if you have lots of luggage. One other thing to note, there are parts of Paphos that are difficult for wheel chair users or push chairs. Indeed the pool area at the Daphne can only be accessed by a couple of high steps (no ramp) and many of the pavements are uneven with high kerbs and often no ramped areas. This is very evident in the immediate area surrounding the Daphne. I don't know that I would return to the Daphne, it was value for the price we paid but I would look around a bit more and try to find something away from the road as that can be a bit of a problem.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise at night, request a quiet room away from the road and bars
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anitaCarmarthen
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear reviewer,
on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and are looking forward in seeing you again soon.