All reviewsrose pubbus stationbudget accommodationbig supermarketbedroom apartmentsea frontmoussakaself catering apartmentfresh towelsrestaurants and barscleaned every daycleaned dailycoral baycyprusstavrosnightlifemaids
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is the third time we’ve stayed at the Daphne, and we were not disappointed, the staff were excellent and greeted us with a smile and a cheery ‘good evening’ by Marios on our arrival . Our room was on the first floor and as my wife cannot climb stairs very well we asked if we could have a ground floor apartment instead, this was arranged without any fuss and we were given an apartment on a temporary basis, the next day we were asked if the apartment was satisfactory and if so we could stay there, which is what we did.
The food is what you would expect at a three star hotel and was mostly Cypriot style cooking, so no gravy but plenty of salad, the meals were served by Micky and Kostas who ran the restaurant under the watchful eye of Marios.
The rooms are clean and spacious and serviced daily with towels and sheets changed regularly.
Location of the hotel is excellent, only a short walk to the sea front with bars, cafe’s, shops, and restaurants and safe bathing if that's what you like.
All in all a very pleasant holiday at the Daphne Hotel Apartments Paphos.

Room Tip: If your not happy, just ask!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobnAnn
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Ann and Rob,
we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. It is always a pleasure serving you. On behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and we are looking forward for your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week in march on a self catering basis. On arrival we were made very much welcome. At first glance it did look a little tired but I think that could be said for alot of other hotels here too. Had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 1st floor which was the largest apartment I have ever stayed in. Each bedroom had 2 singles and bedding was fine and changed twice while we were there. The bathroom was ok but the side of the bath was very high and as I am a shorty getting in and out to have a shower was a little precarious. There was always hot water. The spacious kitchen area had enough utensils to make snacks and pots and pans to make dinner but the mini oven didnt work which wasnt a problem for us as planning to eat out the whole time we were there anyway.The pool area was ok with comfy sun loungers and the pool looked spotless although I wasnt brave enough to try it!! Location was superb with everything you would need within a 5/10 minute walk and close to the harbour, restuarants etc.. Overall I would not hesitate to come back here again as the apartment was very clean and the staff we did meet were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lorraine_roser
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear reviewer on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and are looking forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

When we first arrived, the Daphne looked very tired. To be honest I was a bit snotty about it..thought it may be dirty. I was wrong..the bedding was clean, but not changed enough. The room actually smelt of sick but a good air freshener sorted that out. The room reall suited us. It had two rooms, one with twin beds and the other had a couch, chair, table, cooking facilities, fridge and sink. The bathroom was old but clean. The position of the apartments was excellent. 5 -10 mins from harbour/ bus terminus/ shoppign centre. The staff were very helpful.
I would not recommend the food. We had no choice! On the menu it mentioned a choice of two dishes per night, but I think being quiet, both dishes were served at a time, which to be honest looked scary. The food actually tasted nice though and they seem to employ a competent cook. I was a bit put out one evening, when my husband had used the coffee machine, to be told he could not have his icecream as it was pud or coffee!! There was one evening we unfortunately did not like the dish served, and the guy noticed and immediately offered us an omlette, which was lovely of him..and the omelette was one of the nicest dishes of the week. If you ask, just to have one of the dishes taken off the plate, they will oblige quite happily. I couldn't get wifi, but the pub over the road provided it. This could be noisy but my earplugs sorted that out. The pool looked ok, but we didn't use it. The place was very quiet while we were there, although we did meet some lovely people.

Room Tip: Probably best to go for a higher room away from noise of pub and pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barbyk

Dear reviewer, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and would like to inform you that we take customer feedback very seriously and have already upgraded our dinner menu. We are looking forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived at about 7.30 on Wed.27th Feb and were staying for 7 nights. I had read the reviews but kept an open mind. We were greeted at reception in a friendly manner and were asked if we could eat as soon as possible as the dining room was closing, we were told where our apartment could be found and as soon as we had taken our luggage up we went for dinner. I can honestly say we were dissapointed, the fish was very dry, soup watery (every night) and only ice cream or coffee as dessert. Throughout the stay there were no choice of meals you got what they gave you and the ice cream every night got boring, I did ask if I could have an alterntive and only coffee was offered. We did not expect 5 star meals and we are not fussy people but I would expect better food and at least a choice menu and I am sure the roast lamb was Goat. I would not recommend eating at the hotel as there are some lovely places to eat just a couple of minutes away.
I agree with one of the other reviews about the smell in the bathroom and so we kept the windows open as much as possible.
Also the noise from the pub was a bit loud at times but these are people enjoying their holiday and as my husband was rushed into a local clinic with pnewmonia and broncitus on our fourth day I quite liked hearing people around. Yes there were a roudy group for a few nights but once again these people there for fun holiday and although I was on my own I did not feel threatened in any way. With my husband going into the clinic it involved us staying a week longer than planned. I did not eat at the hotel during that time instead I purchased food from the local supermarket and went to Cameres resturant which is 2 minutes away, they serve a great breakfast for just 3.90 euros and it inludes tea or coffee a great evening meal menu with loads of choices for the same price as the Daphne.
Now for the positives..... Very close to sea front, shops, restaurants, bus station and churches.
Apartment was basic but clean and kitchen had most of what I needed but a microwave would have been useful, staff were friendly and seemed happy in their work. Lovely pool area and wi fi available.
Would we stay again. YES but on self catering board only. unless the Daphne ups it game about food, if Camares can do it so can they

Room Tip: 205 overlooking pool but noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear miss Hunter, firstly on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and would like to inform you that we take customer feedback very seriously. We have already upgraded our dinner menu and are providing more options for our customers. We have taken out the fish fillet from our menu since we had other complaints as well and replaced it with calamari and Afelia (Cyprus style pork stew). We are constantly trying to satisfy our customer expectations to the fullest and I think we are on the right track. Our main goal is to provide a high quality service that meets customer requirements. We would like to thank you again and are looking forward in seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am writing this review as I am booking for this June.
My wife and I stayed here June 2012 for long weekend.
It is a great place to stay in a great location It is right near EVERYTHING. I will say could do with a revamp but as it is it clean and comfy. Harbour is a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. TEA FOR TWO you must go lovely food. Bus stop behind hotel 1 euro to most places. 1 euro from airport to hotel cheeper than a taxi.

We love paphos if your thinking of going think no more JUST BOOK IT

Darren N Gill

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear reviewer, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and are looking forward in seeing you again soon.