All reviews rose pub bus station central location sea front big supermarket bedroom apartment bar street fresh towels restaurants and bars cleaned every day cleaned daily coral bay cyprus stavros nightlife maids
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived at about 7.30 on Wed.27th Feb and were staying for 7 nights. I had read the reviews but kept an open mind. We were greeted at reception in a friendly manner and were asked if we could eat as soon as possible as the dining room was closing, we were told where our apartment could be found and as soon as we had taken our luggage up we went for dinner. I can honestly say we were dissapointed, the fish was very dry, soup watery (every night) and only ice cream or coffee as dessert. Throughout the stay there were no choice of meals you got what they gave you and the ice cream every night got boring, I did ask if I could have an alterntive and only coffee was offered. We did not expect 5 star meals and we are not fussy people but I would expect better food and at least a choice menu and I am sure the roast lamb was Goat. I would not recommend eating at the hotel as there are some lovely places to eat just a couple of minutes away.
I agree with one of the other reviews about the smell in the bathroom and so we kept the windows open as much as possible.
Also the noise from the pub was a bit loud at times but these are people enjoying their holiday and as my husband was rushed into a local clinic with pnewmonia and broncitus on our fourth day I quite liked hearing people around. Yes there were a roudy group for a few nights but once again these people there for fun holiday and although I was on my own I did not feel threatened in any way. With my husband going into the clinic it involved us staying a week longer than planned. I did not eat at the hotel during that time instead I purchased food from the local supermarket and went to Cameres resturant which is 2 minutes away, they serve a great breakfast for just 3.90 euros and it inludes tea or coffee a great evening meal menu with loads of choices for the same price as the Daphne.
Now for the positives..... Very close to sea front, shops, restaurants, bus station and churches.
Apartment was basic but clean and kitchen had most of what I needed but a microwave would have been useful, staff were friendly and seemed happy in their work. Lovely pool area and wi fi available.
Would we stay again. YES but on self catering board only. unless the Daphne ups it game about food, if Camares can do it so can they

Room tip: 205 overlooking pool but noisy
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear miss Hunter, firstly on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review and would like to inform you that we take customer feedback very seriously. We have already upgraded our dinner menu and are providing more options for our customers. We have taken out the fish fillet from our menu since we had other complaints as well and replaced it with calamari and Afelia (Cyprus style pork stew). We are constantly trying to satisfy our customer expectations to the fullest and I think we are on the right track. Our main goal is to provide a high quality service that meets customer requirements. We would like to thank you again and are looking forward in seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am writing this review as I am booking for this June.
My wife and I stayed here June 2012 for long weekend.
It is a great place to stay in a great location It is right near EVERYTHING. I will say could do with a revamp but as it is it clean and comfy. Harbour is a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. TEA FOR TWO you must go lovely food. Bus stop behind hotel 1 euro to most places. 1 euro from airport to hotel cheeper than a taxi.

We love paphos if your thinking of going think no more JUST BOOK IT

Darren N Gill

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear reviewer, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and are looking forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Daphne is exactly what it says on the tin. Not fancy by any stretch of the imagination but a lovely place to stay all the same.

Staff were friendly and always keen to help.

Rooms were clean, plenty of hot water and very spacious. Can't complain even if they are a little dated.

In terms of location, these apartments are fab. Only a 2 minute walk to the harbour and plenty of shops/bars/restaurants near by!

Great value for money and we would definitely return there should we visit Paphos again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Amy B
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Amy, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and are looking forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

we were booked into the Daphne Hotel Apartments for a 7 night stay. We arrived early Saturday evening and on arrival the reception area seemed clean and tidy. We then went to our apartment, room 311 facing the pool. The room was very basic as expected given the price, however everything was tatty, grubby and in need of refurbishment. There was an overpowering smell of sewerage coming from bathroom, and the air management unit above us on the roof was making a loud droning noise which we thought was bad enough until we realised that most of the other apartments were full of groups of drunk lads who were banging doors playing loud music and running around screaming and shouting. The noise from the bar opposite was deafening and at 3am there were some drunks outside our door going beserk.
Reception could not care less and could not have been less helpful. After a night of no sleep I spoke to the manager the following morning who seemed to think that none of the above problems were anything to do with him. In general, the place is a dump!!!! We checked out and moved to alternative accommodation. ONE NIGHT OF HELL AT THE DAPHNE!!!!!!!!

Room tip: Go somewhere else
4  Thank Keith M
Daphne H, Manager at Daphne Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear reviewer, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel we would like to thank you for your review. We were disturbed to hear of your bad experience here at the Hotel but to keep the record straight we are not to blame for none of the incidents stated in your review.Nor for the noise made from other customers staying at the Hotel nor for the noise coming from the Rose pub opposite the Hotel. In regards to the reception that as you state could not care less and could not have been less helpful, we would like to inform you that our staff and the service provided from them are excellent and we have not had any complaints so far. If you check the other reviews on TripAdvisor you will see that the service and the staff are always rated the most. As for the overpowering smell coming from the bathroom and the air management unit which as you say made a loud noise, it was the first time such complaints have been made and we offered to change your room the next day but you declined and left the Hotel. We would like to inform you that we take customer feedback very seriously but your review's comments have not been helpful at all. Since you haven't really stayed in our Hotel because you didn't give us a chance and haven't really experienced the service we provide you are not in any position to provide feedback of the service.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff really make this hotel fantastic. They are polite, helpful and friendly which really adds to your holiday experience. The hotel is positioned wonderfully (sort of.. will get to the noisy neighbours in a bit). It is about 100-150 metres from the sea front and about 200m from a supermarket where you can get everything you need (including water at about half the cost of the sea front kiosks). You'll barely break a sweat walking to the old fort/castle or the archaelogical site with the mosaics. Location is awesome really... except... that noisy neighbour - the Rose Pub.

If you have a room not over looking the pool you might be better shielded by the pub's noise. We did manage to sleep through it on the second night (a saturday - with a live band). However the friday night we were woken about 2 or 3 times. We went in March 2013, off season so only really had heavy noise on the friday and saturday but I can imagine during peak season June to August there will be much more going on at the Rose Pub and there would probably be many sleepless nights if you like to sleep between 10pm and 3am... we got up around 8am each day but that's not for everyone...

The rooms were clean, basic and well furnished. The maid service seemed to be a little intermitent. Our beds were made up for us most days and we got fresh towels every other day I think.

The hotel restraunt and bar was were the staff shined and the food was not bad either. We were welcomed in a friendly manner for breakfast and dinner everyday. And the staff were helpful and fun in our attempts to speak basic greek. But they spoke perfect English for those a little a shy of trying to speak the local language. The meals were generous in portion size - well it was a buffet breakfast with quality hot food and continental options but the evening meals were great. 3 courses each night. Soup was always the starter but they at least had a different soup each night. The mains were an excellent mixture of Greek and Western Food - Mousaka, Lamb, Roast Chicken, Fish and Chips, Pork Chops and so on. The Greek food was seasoned fantastically, thoroughly enjoyable. Desert was a choice between ice cream, fruit or hot drink. You often didn't need the 3rd course because you were full but we managed :)

We would definitely go back but would have to think about asking for a room without a pool view to avoid the noise from the Rose Pub. I think most people would struggle to find good reason to complain. We enjoyed outselves and hoep to return there again.

Room tip: One or two rooms have a sea view which I imagine would be nice, we had a pool room and that was nice and also made the room nice, light and bright but the BIG thing is the noise, if you want to sleep a bit better and you don't own noise cancelling headphones - ask for a room as far away as possible from the Rose pub.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer, on behalf of the management and staff of the Daphne Hotel Apartments we would like to thank you for your review. We were overwhelmed from your kind words and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel. We would like to apologize if the noise from the Rose pub has disturbed your sleep and would like to inform you that we are trying to prosecute them for damaging our business and disturbing our customers peace and quiet. We are looking forward in welcoming you here again soon.