“Mixed experiences”

Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Diner, International, Cafe
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Mixed experiences”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I came to the Ideal for meatballs and chips with a Cyprus coffee one lunchtime. Waitress was very friendly and helpful and food was good.

I returned for a snack and cocktail today (2 days later). This time it a different waitress handed us the menus, not nearly as friendly and helpful as the first one. The man who came to take my order of a Margarita, pita & hummus and a glass of tap water tried to convince me that I shouldn't drink the tap water in Cyprus because it 'wasn't good'. I told him the tap water was fine and I'd been drinking it for a week. He repeated that the tap water wasn't good, that he was from Bulgaria (as if that made a difference to me) and for one Euro he didn't understand why I didn't order bottled water. In the end no tap water was brought to me and I couldn't be bothered to bring it up again. The food and drinks were ok but I don't like being lied to/pressured to buy something I don't want.

Shame as the lady who waitressed the first time was fantastic (and brought out tap water with our coffees without all the fuss!)

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Al W

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“"Crab" Salad ....”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We called here on our first day in Paphos. Probably not such a good move as the taxi driver who dropped us at the harbour did warn us that there were quite a few rip off places along the sea front.

Anyway, we weren't hugely hungry so took a chance and ordered a crab salad and a tuna salad with drinks.

Well, I couldn't believe my eyes when a plate of lettuce and tomato along with 1 ( yes, that's just ONE ) "crab" stick was put down in front of me. Bad enough that it wasn't proper crabmeat but to then use one crab stick, cut into four tiny pieces, was just taking the mickey. Whilst munching my way through the greenery, I kept hoping I'd unearth more "crab" but it seemed that was my lot.

I told the waiter who came out to collect our plates that it was very poor to put that in front of someone . He asked why I hadn't told the waiter who'd served us so I pointed out to him that the said waiter had two eyes in his head and knew exactly what he was putting in front of me.

No apology and we were given the full bill. The only bad food experience we had in 2 weeks in Paphos. It won't last if it carries on ripping folk off like this.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fyrishsunset
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Summer Visit”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have visited this place while passing outside the premises.
Excellent Service, Excellent food, Best prices in town