“Loved it”

Avanti Holiday Village
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have just had a week in apartment 543 towards the back of the complex in a perfect position, far enough away from the pool for any noise and far enough away from the restaurants as well.

On arrival the reception was excellent, very efficient and happy, we were given a map and any information we needed, the walk to our room, whilst a fair distance, was fairly simple if you just followed the map, we were offered assistance with our bags but chose to take them ourselves.

The apartment was just what we had expected, very large, airy, clean, and whilst the bed seemed a bit hard at first, after a couple of nights we were used to it, the two highlights though were the air-con and the balcony, fantastic free air-con kept us cool after a day outside, whilst it was fantastic to have breakfast on the balcony in the morning with the sun beating down on us, and barely a sound to be heard from anywhere, very peaceful.

The kitchen was fairly well equipped, although there are no tea towels, next time we will take one with us and some washing up liquid, its a bit expensive locally.

We didnt eat in the hotel as such, but ate a few times in The Fiesta Bar on the complex, the food was excellent each time, and to be honest I wouldnt have been dissapointed if we'd eaten there every night.

We didnt use the pool at all, as we prefer being by the sea, about a ten minute walk is a municipal beach, I say beach, its more a stretch of grass with a couple of entries into the sea blown out of the rocks, 6euros a day got you two comfortable beds and an umbrella, it was a very peaceful area with a good beach bar selling the best frappe's in Pafos. It also had the added bonus of a beautiful little dog, who when he got to trust you would let you throw his tennis ball for him.

All in all, a great holiday and we would have no hesitation in returning to The Avanti Village.

Room Tip: We emailed and asked for an upstairs room, and were glad we did as the balconies seemed more private...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,203)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just returned from our 3rd stay here and cannot recommend it enough. If you want a lazy holiday with a brilliant pool area and very friendly courteous staff this is the place to stay in Paphos. The Villa apartments are very spacious. Downside is that there is no view however the ambiance of this place more than makes up for this. You can always ask for an apatrment looking onto either the field or the main road and I would recomend you ask for a upper apartment rather than a ground floor. The pool area is massive and has a swim up bar. The Taverna offers a choice of meals at lunchtime, try the Chicken Caeser Salad, you will not believe the size of this. At the bottom of the Village you have the Fiesta Bar which offers good priced pub food and music and the Ocean Basket fish restaurant which you would be advised to book for. 10 mts along the road you have a choice of restuarants of all Nationalities. You can also hop on the local bus which is ever 15 mts down to the harbour area. The apartements are cleaned 5 days out of sever and our sheets were changed 3 times out of 14 days. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st Floor apartment preferably looking out of the village, one side looks onto a field and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NifferD
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just returned on the 10th of October. Was a little concerned regarding some reviews on here regarding the Avanti Village. I am glad we did not change our minds.
The staff are friendly and starting before check in this is evident. I emailed them prior to arrival and requested a particular block and wished to be upstairs which was exactly what we got. At check in our baggage was taken to the room and arrived before we did. We found the room to be well equiped and adequate for self catering. We had clean towels and room attended to most days I believe a Monday and Thursday there is no service but did not notice this.

I read people found that pool towels were never changed or were charged. We found we could change our towels every morning near the breakfast terrace from around 9-11am. We were not charged as we took the 2 towels from the room on check out to reception. I think if you do not hand them in then they will charge 3 euros each towel.

The management invite you to a gathering on a Tuesday around 5.45 and welcome any comments, positive and negative and appear to be genuine in their concern for the guest and to maximise the experince you have there.

If you wish to keep up with the entertainment available you do have to look at the Avanti Village board and the one at the Avanti Hotel which is accessible via a walkway which is lit. we only found this after a few days. if you leave by the front entrance to the village it is across the road. It takes you through a piece of empty ground but feels safe as does the area. Entertainment was lacking in general in the area but there were some friendly bars and reasonable eating places close by. Spent some time in the Crocodile Bar where the staff were friendly.

We had only one problem regarding the air conditioning, which was reported 3 times and attempts made to fix the problem. Once we were actualy able to speak with the engineer it was sorted. We did spend most of the holiday sleeping in the living area and did not find this a major issue as there wer only 2 of us. I did mention it to the general manager at the Tuesday wine and nibbles and he arranged a late check out for us on departure. We had not realy pushed the issue but he appreciated if there had been a family there it would have been a problem. He actualy appeared concerned.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and liked the particular area.

Room Tip: Blocks A, B and C are near the pool area an upstairs room has more privacy and is more secure. There...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scotfiAyr
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Returned on 7th October after 2 fantastic weeks at the Avanti Village. This was our 6th visit to the Avanti and it won't be our last. The apartments are big and very clean (cleaners come 5 times per week but empty bins and change towels every day. The decor in the apartments looks a little dated but offers everything you need for a comfortable stay. I think the tv's and choice of channels could be improved but really who goes to Cyprus to stay in and watch tv? The pool area is great and we had no issue getting beds and a brolly and we usually didn't get down til around 9:30. My only minor criticism would be the animation team. Not my cup of tea (I like peace and quiet but appreciate families will enjoy the activities) but I the guy made some comments I didn't feel were totally appropriate and I never heard the girl say a word. The other staff are friendly and helpful and the food from the taverna is good and reasonably priced. The Avanti is in a great location with plenty of great eateries nearby. Fiesta still offers great food (especially the Greek dishes and prob the biggest and best fillet steak I've ever tasted) Ocean Basket is always full but remember to book and Little Eataly do great pizzas but they are big so we shared a large one which was plenty but they will pack up leftovers if you want to take them.
I do not have anything bad to say about the Avanti. Some of the other reviews have said it's not 4 star but I think people need to remember this is a self catering complex not a hotel and I don't really know what more the Avanti Village could offer to make it better than it already is.
If you haven't tried Paphos before or want big clean apartments and a great pool, you can't go far wrong with the Avanti and I'm already looking forward to our next visit. (Special thanks to Georgios for the upstairs room, much appreciated)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank MB8113
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am here with my sons for a week and chose self-catering as my son is profoundly autistic. I based my choice on reviews from here but I have to say I am unimpressed. The manager and staff are very nice and make an effort. However, I had asked for a room with a pool view as we would not get out much due to my son's disability. We are, like another reviewer in a ground floor apartment which overlooks a road and the view is nil. I have never in my life experienced such uncomfortable beds. It would be conifer sleeping on the coffee table. Every night I struggle to get to sleep as there is no spring whatsoever. As for the self catering facilities, there are no sharp knives, no tea towels, no sieve, no microwave. The tv has only news channels and absolutely nothing for the kids-difficult as it has thundered all week. I have to say the sister hotel has entertainment and has a nice atmosphere although the Michael Jackson tribute was unintentionally hilarious. I feel awful for criticising them as they seem so nice and the place is spotless. The pool area is also very nice but there are other hotels on the seafront-this is set further back. I would not stay here again

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 34Linda34
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have recently returned from Avanti Village in Paphos as we just got married in Peyia Town hall . Didn't have our reception at Avanti, however our stay there was great, the apartments are a good size, there were 20 of staying there and I emailed The Avanti month prior to our arrival and they managed to put all of us near together. The pool and pool bar is fab and breakfast is served just by pool bar, which had a good choice of selection. You could also use the facilities of the Avanti Hotel.

At night time there is small square with 4-5 bars and restaurants in the complex which is really handy. We eat at the fish restaurant which was really nice.

There are other bars and restaurants only a 5 minute walk and would say the harbour was a 20 minute walk. Would stay there again. the reception staff were really friendly and helpfull

Only down size was the comfort of the beds! really hard!

Room Tip: email them direct month before- block A or B
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came here with our 2 children, and can honestly say we had the best holiday ever! Cyprus is beautiful and well worth paying the extra pennies. Our apartment was immaculate and was cleaned regularly, has a small kitchen with all the essentials, a dining table and front room, balcony and a huge double bedroom, we were happy there was plenty of room for the kids to run about without being under our feet, we went half board and ate breakfast in the village diner but dinner was in the actual hotel next door which was a nice short walk in the evenings, the food was lovely with different things happening while u eat (dancing and music) the evening entertainment was always good (also in hotel next to village) for example there was a fire dancer which was brilliant.
The holiday village has a huge pool with swim up pool bar and a great lazy river which my son loved. There was regular activities like darts tournaments and archery....

Paphos has so much to do, we visited the mosaics and the tombs, we also drove into the mountains......I could write on and bore you all....all I want to say is this place is definately worth visiting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family