“fantastic hotel”

Ascos Coral Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I have recently returned from my second visit to the, what I can only describe as, amazing, Ascos Beach Hotel.

I went last year with my partner, a friend and his partner, and so returned the same dates this year. This time attending with my Daughter and her partner.

Once again, we had an excellent time. I, myself, am in my 40's, as is my partner, and my Daughter and her partner are 18. Yet we all found it great. We managed to meet some fantastic people, of all ages, and have even arranged to meet them there again next year!

The food, again, was wonderful. Describing it to my Daughter last year, I must have sounded like I was exaggerating, but she herself can tell you I really wasn't! They really do cater for all.

The entertainment team made the holiday more enjoyable, as always! Thanks a lot Adam, Laura Mc, Laura Wales, and the lovely Emily. You made our holiday!

The rooms were a good size, and the views over the Med are nice. The staff in the hotel itself were polite, friendly, and very helpful. Our rooms were cleaned daily, to a very good standard and for a 10 Cypriot pound returnable deposit you could take and change a decently sized beach towel as much as you liked. We took advantage of this daily!

The pool area was very big, with a vast choice of sunbeds, which were available at all hours of the day, which certainly surprised my Daughter.

The pool itself was very clean, I noticed it was cleaned daily by the staff. Very decently sized, with plenty of space for people to lounge, swim or merely sit and chat.

There is currently some building work across the way from the front of the Hotel, but it went unnoticed by the vast majority of holidaymakers. I never heard anyone complain about it anyway!

My advice to anyone going to the Ascos is to GET INVOLVED!

The Reps are constantly arranging games, quizzes, competitions, and entertainment. The more open you are to the activities, the better your holiday will be!

From Mister and Mrs to Magic Shows, Casino Night and Water Volleyball - The Reps really did use their imagination to cater for all.

Karaoke Night is a must. And the several visiting performers were good also.

Once again, get involved and you'll have a great time.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, I hope if you do intend ongoing, it’s as good for you as it was for my entourage. I know I'll certainly be going back anyway!

Kind Regards,

'Dazza' and Pam
The Mancunians!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
17  Thank ManchesterDaza
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed August 31, 2007

I read reviews on this hotel before I went. Quite frankly i was really apprehensive in going. But the hotel was great, it was clean, staff were polite, and helpful. The hotel was clean and the food fantastic there was always plenty of dishes to choose from.
There was always plenty of sunbeds around the pool. The pool was huge, and always clean. We went all inclusive and i would recommend, that is the best way. We are in the process of booking again for next year.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
13  Thank ollie3
Reviewed August 29, 2007

We returned from our stay at the Ascos yesterday and we had a brillant hoilday!!

The Ascos is a great base for getting about and seeing what Cyprus has to offer. We would so recommend hiring a car and going off and exploring (Lara Bay, Akmas Peninsula, the villages in Akmas Heights are all great and worth a visit)

If we had spent 7 days and 7 nights soild in The Ascos im sure we could list faults but that is not what we look for from a hoilday. Spending anywhere that long would drive us mad!

The food was nice with a good choice everyday, the pool was fantastic
very clean and loads of space, the rooms were spacious (from our room
we saw beautiful sunsets everynight, the staff all very friendly and the weather was fab!!!

Having read other reviews there seems to be a lot of the complaints about the entertainment in the evenings. We didn't really spend much time watching it as its not really our thing (all a bit hoilday camp!) But from what we did see the team were trying hard and people seemed to be enjoying it!!

Overall we would say it is as good a hotel as any and if you are thinking of going to Cyprus we would recommend it.

9  Thank LauraEssex
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Reading the reviews before going i had some concerns about this hotel but it was fantastic.

the pool area was lovely and clean with plenty of free sunbeds at all times during the day. The rooms were of a good size and nicely decorated. The food in the hotel was fantastic always plenty of choice - i'm a very fussy eater and still ate plenty!!!

The entertaintment was ok. there was plenty going on during the day and they didn't pester you to join in. The evening entertainment was the usual tacky thing - bingo, shows and singing. I thought it was ok but my boyfriend wasn't as impressed. The team did try hard tho. The evening entertainment finished around 11pm as the surrounding houses complained of the noise!!

The hotel was in a nice quiet location only a five minute walk to coral bay. Overall a great holiday with no screaming kids!!!!!

5  Thank cazi77
Reviewed August 24, 2007

we found that the ascos had no atomsphere.the staff on reception were not at all freindly or helpful,for example our air con stopped working in the middle off the night i rang rep and was told their was nothing they could do until morning i asked could they at least give me a fan and was told no they had'nt got one.when we complained the next day they didnt want to know.some of the bar staff were nice but as for the drink all i can say is it will take you a long time to get drunk .the only time we had a proper drink was when we went to the bars outside.the rooms were small but they were clean and the towels were changed daily.we enjoyed paphos.but the hotel was a bit out off the way,so we hired a car.we cant really complain about the food their was plenty and the menu was changed daily,however when the last bite was in your mouth your plate was snapped away this was so annoying after awhile, as if they didnt want you sitting for very long it got to the stage were we could'nt enjoy our food be cause the staff were waiting to pounch on our plates.all in all we enjoyed paphos and would go back but not to that hotel,there are some nice hotels in paphos that really are 4 star.

2  Thank raymo990
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Booked the holiday as a late deal,Hotel very good,staff excellent,The food was out of this world,so much to choose from,as we were fully inclusive,had to try most things.
The entertainment team,worked very hard all day,evening stuff was ok for a short time.Free drinks were (from my view a bit low in alcohol) but very drinkable.Pool area very clean,plenty of sunbeds to choose from,
The only down side was the beach just a short walk down a steep hill,no sand, lots rocks,but nice clear water to swim in.
If you go out for a meal choose one of the small bars,the larger one's are not so good.
All in all a nice relaxing holiday,give it a try.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank squashplayer41
Reviewed August 22, 2007

After reading reviews on here, I was slightly concerned about the Ascos.
The main advantage of this hotel is the fact that during the peak times there are no children in the hotel. The pool area was pleasant and clean. There were free sunbeds all day, no early rush so lots of people would sleep in.

The hotel its self is pleasant and well maintained, the room was a good size and we payed extra for a pool view. The only downsize was that our maid seem to rush cleaning, and the room floor was noticeably dirty by the end of the holiday.

The entertainment team did get it wrong at times. The timings felt wrong in the evening, and bingo etc was stretched out. Its meant to stop at 11pm but they randomly did or didn't. This was annoying when I was up at 5.45am for a scuba diving trip.

The food was fantastic, there is also a snack bar so food is available all day. (be prepared to come back home a bit heavier!)

Overall it was a pleasant stay at the Ascos and I would stay again. This hotel is ideal for couples who want a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank Paul_MB6264OX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
1 mi away
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village
Avlida Hotel
Avlida Hotel
#44 of 85 in Paphos

Been to Ascos Coral Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!