“Very happy stay at Ascos Beach Hotel”

Ascos Coral Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Just returned home from a 2 week stay with my wife. I thought the hotel exceeded the expectations we had before we arrived. The food was very good with plenty of choice for every meal, the "All Inclusive" deal represented excellent value for money and the local brands of drink had the desired effect and we liked to be able to help ourselves to teas and coffees at all times of the day. Being "Adult only" was a real bonus at half term time and the staff who were mainly non Cypriot were excellent, very efficient and very friendly. Our only complaints were that the room, especially the bathroom was in need of updating and refurbishment, we thought that the entertainment was fairly good the pool and the surrounding area and gardens were well kept. However when I am abroad I like to keep abreast of the news at home and I thought the offering in the room of BBC World was terrible probably the worst news service I have ever seen - please get Sky News and we will come back next year

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank Humfree
There are newer reviews for Ascos Coral Beach Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2007

If you want a lovely hotel without kids then this is the one. coral Bay Cyprus is fabulous and this hotel is right on the beach and has the most amazing pool and good dining, all inclusive. Only downfall was the entertainment, absolute rubbish for this lovely hotel. However, dont be put off, enjoy your pre dinner drinks, lovely dinner then take a short stroll to Coral Bay shops, nightlife. Lovely bars/and atmosphere, tourist shops, but not commercial, a lovely evening out, then a 5 min walk back to hotel to enjoy the rest of the all inclusive drinks. so peaceful and a wonderful holiday. bus journey to Paphos is well worth it, day or night. Cyprus one of my favourite places, you must go. The sun is always shining.

• Stayed: June 2003, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Angel22_7
Reviewed October 22, 2007

My partner and I have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks All Inclusive in the Ascos Beach hotel although a bit worn out we found this hotel to be an excellant place the food out of this world (loads of it, tasty and hot, the Hotel staff were friendly and very efficient and always had a smile) However entertainment wise the thomas cook ''entertainment team ''were the spoiling factor three young girls who made opening auditions for the X factor a pleasure to watch luckily this was supplemented by the ocasional local acts so not all was lost apparently this trio are due to be replaced so hopefully the next shift will add to the pleasure this hotel and staff warmly offer there guests

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
15  Thank hotBlackpool
Reviewed October 12, 2007

We arrived on 26th September and it was like walking into our
"home" - all the staff greeted us like long lost friends - especially
Georgia, Poppy, Setllios and Yianna.

the food we all thought was much better than previous years, the rooms, the pool area were all very clean and tidy.

The only negative thing was the entertainment!!!!!!!!!! The girls were lovely but they were not entertainers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However after they got to know all 54 of us they did get in the spirit of things lol

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone
Nicci Blanken

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank dorsetlola
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I have recently returned from my second visit to the, what I can only describe as, amazing, Ascos Beach Hotel.

I went last year with my partner, a friend and his partner, and so returned the same dates this year. This time attending with my Daughter and her partner.

Once again, we had an excellent time. I, myself, am in my 40's, as is my partner, and my Daughter and her partner are 18. Yet we all found it great. We managed to meet some fantastic people, of all ages, and have even arranged to meet them there again next year!

The food, again, was wonderful. Describing it to my Daughter last year, I must have sounded like I was exaggerating, but she herself can tell you I really wasn't! They really do cater for all.

The entertainment team made the holiday more enjoyable, as always! Thanks a lot Adam, Laura Mc, Laura Wales, and the lovely Emily. You made our holiday!

The rooms were a good size, and the views over the Med are nice. The staff in the hotel itself were polite, friendly, and very helpful. Our rooms were cleaned daily, to a very good standard and for a 10 Cypriot pound returnable deposit you could take and change a decently sized beach towel as much as you liked. We took advantage of this daily!

The pool area was very big, with a vast choice of sunbeds, which were available at all hours of the day, which certainly surprised my Daughter.

The pool itself was very clean, I noticed it was cleaned daily by the staff. Very decently sized, with plenty of space for people to lounge, swim or merely sit and chat.

There is currently some building work across the way from the front of the Hotel, but it went unnoticed by the vast majority of holidaymakers. I never heard anyone complain about it anyway!

My advice to anyone going to the Ascos is to GET INVOLVED!

The Reps are constantly arranging games, quizzes, competitions, and entertainment. The more open you are to the activities, the better your holiday will be!

From Mister and Mrs to Magic Shows, Casino Night and Water Volleyball - The Reps really did use their imagination to cater for all.

Karaoke Night is a must. And the several visiting performers were good also.

Once again, get involved and you'll have a great time.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, I hope if you do intend ongoing, it’s as good for you as it was for my entourage. I know I'll certainly be going back anyway!

Kind Regards,

'Dazza' and Pam
The Mancunians!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
17  Thank ManchesterDaza
Reviewed August 31, 2007

I read reviews on this hotel before I went. Quite frankly i was really apprehensive in going. But the hotel was great, it was clean, staff were polite, and helpful. The hotel was clean and the food fantastic there was always plenty of dishes to choose from.
There was always plenty of sunbeds around the pool. The pool was huge, and always clean. We went all inclusive and i would recommend, that is the best way. We are in the process of booking again for next year.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
13  Thank ollie3
Reviewed August 29, 2007

We returned from our stay at the Ascos yesterday and we had a brillant hoilday!!

The Ascos is a great base for getting about and seeing what Cyprus has to offer. We would so recommend hiring a car and going off and exploring (Lara Bay, Akmas Peninsula, the villages in Akmas Heights are all great and worth a visit)

If we had spent 7 days and 7 nights soild in The Ascos im sure we could list faults but that is not what we look for from a hoilday. Spending anywhere that long would drive us mad!

The food was nice with a good choice everyday, the pool was fantastic
very clean and loads of space, the rooms were spacious (from our room
we saw beautiful sunsets everynight, the staff all very friendly and the weather was fab!!!

Having read other reviews there seems to be a lot of the complaints about the entertainment in the evenings. We didn't really spend much time watching it as its not really our thing (all a bit hoilday camp!) But from what we did see the team were trying hard and people seemed to be enjoying it!!

Overall we would say it is as good a hotel as any and if you are thinking of going to Cyprus we would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank LauraEssex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Crown Resorts Horizon
Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments
Avlida Hotel
Avlida Hotel
#44 of 85 in Paphos

Been to Ascos Coral Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!