Excellent adult only holiday hotel in great location next to beach & not too far from Paphos harbour (about 30 minutes walk). Brilliant attentive staff, great garden & pool area with plenty of sunbeds spread out - absolutely no need to bag sunbeds although some people still do. Adult hotel (& it really is) means is quiet, peaceful & very "nice" feel with plenty of room. Most of guests 45+ years of age & high percentage of Brits - as they seem to be in the Paphos area. Food good with pretty good choice - you won't go hungry. Prices in bars & restaurants not outrageous. Low key quiet night-time entertainment - a lot of Sinatra songs but it goes with this type of hotel.
I have some comments about the hotel but believe me they are minor & don't detract from the overall experience of being an excellent hotel:
- room smaller than used to in similar hotels partly due to odd 45 degree bend in room to give balcony a sea view - but adequate
- horrible sterilised milk only which means tea & cereal at breakfast a no no!
- room air con not controllable. Noisy fan & chill draught when on so couldn't sleep with it on. A bit hot & sticky at night when off.
Despite these niggles is still a great hotel. Definitely worth paying extra for sea view room.
Paphos Archaeological Park with mosaics etc. a must. Coral Bay beach also worth a visit being about half hour bus ride away. Nice beach if a little busy. Good beach bar for lunch.
Buses good. Can travel anywhere into & around Paphos for 1.3 - 1.5 Euros.
Now a few words about tour operator Thomson. Worst part of holiday was the flights. 5 hours in a very cramped seat with dreadful in-flight meal. Also a dirty seat - my wife had to sit on a plastic bag to cover the seat. This experience may well put me off flying with package holidays in the future over this distance.
The other bit that annoyed me was we pre paid Thomson for half board at £16 per person per night - total £448. At the hotel you could but meals at 16.5 Euros per meal or 13.75 Euros if bought 4 at a time. This means we could have bought our meals for 396 Euros or £357 (at 1.11 Euros/£). This means we were effectively overcharged about £91. I know exchange rates fluctuate but not by that much. I have come across this before - I should have known better.
Overall a good holiday apart from uncomfortable flights & being ripped off for meals. These are the kind of things that drive people towards DIY holidays.
We WILL go back to this hotel - for the first time ever - but I would think twice before going on a Thomson flight though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Royal Beach Hotel is an adult-focused, four star, waterfront hotel in Kato Paphos. Places of archaeological interest, restaurants, bars and shops are located at a convenient short distance. A few metres away from the hotel entrance is a bus stop and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15km away from the Paphos airport and 140 km from Larnaca airport. Two excellent golf courses are within a short driving distance. All the rooms offer large balconies with majestic views of the sea or of the hotel’s extensive gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HRS so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Royal Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athena Royal Beach Paphos
- Hotel Athena Royal Beach