We stayed here from 1st May 2007 for a fortnight with our children for the first week and as a honeymoon for the second as we married in Paphos Town Hall on 7th May.
We'd read a lot of reports over the last few months so were a bit worried about the quality of the hotel. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised as the reception was professional and courteous, with a glass of orange juice and a friendly porter and receptionist.
We had a room upgrade automatically because of getting married and had paid an extra £70CYP for an upgrade to seaview for one week for the family room for my parents and daughters. Their family room was excellent and extremely roomy - I was worried about this having read a previous post. Maybe the inland rooms are smaller - not sure.
The hot water was slightly variable but there were only two occasions in the two weeks we were there that it was lukewarm, and as it was very hot in the first week, this wasn't a major problem as it was a bit of a blessing to cool down!
The food was excellent although the removal of plates between courses was somewhat over-enthusiastic on our first night. Fortunately, the hotel got much busier part way through our first week which meant our plates weren't whisked away as the last mouthful was consumed! Despite the initial speed of clearing, the service in the restaurant was good, with local wine prices being reasonable.
In hindsight, two weeks of buffets was a bit much, but we couldn't fault the range, variation or quantity of food on offer. We were just a bit buffet-ed out by half way through our last week.
Our first week with the children caused some issues as the hotel changed the indoor pool over to adults only, when the kids had been swimming in it already for some days. They were disappointed as the outdoor pool was still quite cool, but as we had a complete heatwave during the first week, it worked out OK in the end.
We didn't engage with the entertainment as it was all a bit unimaginative and geared towards the older set - of which there were very, very many! During our first week one younger guest commented to us that it was like a Club 80-90 holiday! But the age range did drop very rapidly during our second week with the influx of summer tourists so I think this is more of a hang-over from the Winter season.
Satellite was OK if you don't mind watching Sky News over and over - other than that, not much on offer.
But all in all, we thought it was a decent hotel, with very good food, and good facilities with generally very nice staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos