The hotel management would do well to take a look off the balconies in certain rooms and realise that the view down on to tatty unpainted pipes and rubbish strewn roofs detracts from an otherwise nice hotel. Nothing is very modern but in the main very clean and tidy. The rooms are spacious enough with good sea views from those on that side but would not want to be at the rear with a view over the car park, unfinished or abandoned buildings and very little else to inspire. Tea making with generous supplies was very welcome. The advertised radio was useless and the TV just adequate for news etc. We didn't need the air con and the heating on cool winter evenings was more than satisfactory (we had to turn it right down) even in a poor week by Cyprus standards. The lifts have a mind of thier own so take to the stairs or don't expect to get anywhere in a hurry. The restaurant was brilliant (a bit too brilliant for the waistline!!) Breakfast was extensive so too the evening themed buffets, plus so much more. We would defy anybody not find something to enjoy.The wine list was good and the special offer wine at 7 euros was perfectly drinkable. WiFi only inreception. We were very dissapointed with Paphos except for the historic bits that were very interesting if poorly presented. The shops and restaurants (that we didn't need luckily) were all a bit squalid and looked a bit of a rip off. Beware also the touts trying to convince you that you have just won 500 euros on a free scratch card. IT IS A CON. Car hire is very cheap, we used Elephant Car Hire for a fully insured Fiesta, the only dodgy bit being pre charged for half a tank of fuel at roughly double the going petrol staion rate.To us as countryside lovers the car is a must and the trips in to the interior of the island saved the holiday for us. The mountian ranges complete with several feet of snow (but not on the roads that were kept completely clear) were wonderful, as were the monasteries some of which were simply unbelievabley beautiful. It would appear that although the Greek economy is bust, the religous establishments are not, most dripping with gold, with fully refurbished buildings in stark contrast to the generally unkempt villages and towns. We are most usually tent campers and the hotel was a treat for a change, not totally sure about the treat bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Bookcyprus.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos