“Great food and good friends”
Review of Island Blue Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Island Blue Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have known Louis for many years and were very sad to find the Six Bells had closed, but now he has this very nice restaurant on the road to the Tombs of the Kings about 10 minutes walk from the traffic lights at the main crossroads. We ate there twice during our weeks stay and both meals were excellent, pepper steak was tender and the strawberries for dessert were from Louis' own garden. Our second visit we had chicken in champagne sauce and fresh sea bream both very nice. A very relaxing atmosphere and somewhere you can linger over a bottle of wine and enjoy friendly conversation. Thank you to Louis, Laura and Carmen.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I dined here between May 25th-June 8th 2013. We found the evening very pleasant and relaxing as the staff make you feel comfortable and allow you to take your time. On our first visit I ordered the stifado dish and my wife had the t-bone steak. I have had many variations of this dish and was not disappointed ( very nice ). I was a little jealous of the t-bone my wife was served although because of the size I was able to help out. LOL . We returned to dine a second time having the kleftico that was also very nice. Ordered a Pinot Grigio both times that was cold and crisp. The waitress Laura was very patient and helpful but most of all - the staff allow you to enjoy the evening and do not rush you. I feel you could spend the whole evening here to dine or just have a drink if you wish. Recommended.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I dined here once and i definetely will go again. Eventhough the menu is varied i tried the chicken salad which was wonderful. The staff is attentive and extremely polite and trust them when they recommend a dish or a wine. They know what they are talking about. Very good prices. I highly recommend island blue.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been going to Cyprus for many years now and in April I was back out in pafos staying in the kato pafos area.. My hotel had its own restaurant under new ownership. The restaurant is owned by Louis, formerly of the 6 bells. I could not fault this restaurant at all.I dined here every night and the food was faultless. My favourite dish was the Lamb kleftico.. The menu is varied with a great choice to choose from.. including traditional greek food and I understand that the stifado is very popular... The staff very friendly, and a special mention to laura the waitress who went out of her way to make sure all customers happy. The prices are very reasonable... I highly recommend this restaurant to all visitors to pafos.