“What an amazing place!!”
Review of Coco's Restaurant

Coco's Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 567 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: European, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Coco's Restaurant offers lunches with snacks and variety of sandwiches then, in the evening, an exquisite selection of main meals including the famous 'Asad's curry' through to fillet steaks and homemade pies. Coco's in not a fast food restaurant. All food is prepared with fresh local produce.The menu has been sensibly chosen to provide a dish for any palate. The aim is to please all diners. "GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY" is our motto. Our waiters and bartenders, our informal atmosphere and our top-of-the-class cocktail menu makes us the perfect place to meet for any occasion.
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

AMAZING!!!! What a wonderful change the owner has made. The decor is great with a fantastic open plan kitchen. The atmosphere is relaxed and soothing, a lovely way to end the day. The food is absolutely Devine both my partner and I could not fault the food, melted in the mouth. The staff are very friendly and aim to please you in every way. The menu is great with a selection of Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Filipino, English and Greek which means your not tied to one style of cuisine which I think is fantastic. The price is very reasonable. Although having read previous comments Coco's have certainly ironed out any teething problems they may have had. I would absolutely recommend visiting Coco's you most certainly would not be disappointed. Well done Coco's team!!

6  Thank Valerie86hawkett

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Looking forward to trying this restaurant after reading positive reviews but very disappointed. Extensive menu which may be the reason my Greek Kleftiko was the worst ever, reheated and mostly bone!!! Even the potatoes were not fresh. Asked for jacket but got roast ! Friend had a spaghetti dish which she enjoyed. Previously had the Thai Curry which she recommended.

Staff were friendly and courtesy drink offered after our meal but definitely wouldn't return or recommend. Prices average but I paid 15 euros for a Kleftiko which can only be described as awful!!!

Maybe they should rethink the menu and have fewer choices as various cuisines offered Greek, Indian, Japanese, Phillipino etc

3  Thank Tc+Ac
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Four of us visited, it was so so obvious it had not been open long. The staff appeared disoriented and gave the impression they really didn't know what to do. They either didn't know what to do because of language problems, mental problems or lack of training. We placed simple orders i.e. two fish and chips and two different curries. First mistake the drinks order took so long to order as the obviously new waitress although very friendly got them wrong three times, when they eventually arrived they were wrong. We don't mind waiting for fresh food but the wait was really too long for the number of people in the restaurant at that time. God only knows what it would have been like if it was crowded, we would get our meal for breakfast! I wondered if the chefs, I could see three ,were experienced or had told porkies about their skills. The girls enjoyed their fish and chips but it came without bread and butter as stated in the menu. My Thia curry was acceptable, my mate's was O.K. he said, that was all! The girls had desserts, my wife's was unedible and we complained that it appeared past its sell by date. The manageress immediately threw them out apologized and blamed the supplier. We were given another sweet without charge. We accepted the free liquers and coffee to make amends. Generally the experience was good and we had a pleasant evening. The place is friendly and we spoke with the owner who stated they were having a few teething problems. With proper training, attention to detail and a master chef who is in charge of the kitchen this place will do well. At the present time I formed the opinion it is trying to please all the people all the time and doing too much. Cutting some of the menu and concentrating on fewer specialist dishes of excellance is my recommendation. The ambiance and decor are good. I will return in September - watch this space!!

2  Thank EnglandFattyarbuckle
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Cocos is a new Restaurant on the Tomb of the Kings Road (was the old Charlie's Bar)The food is to die for with five different national cuisines,you can watch them cooking in there fantastic kitchen,the staff are something else so polite and friendly,They made our night great and it wasn't expensive.It was my 65 th birthday. Would certainly go there again.

6  Thank Bernadette D
Reviewed May 5, 2013

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS BOOKED A TABLE FOR 27 FOR A MEAL BEFORE MY sons wedding day.it took 2hours to get served then they got the orders wrong.the waiting on staff did not have a clue what they were doing,and then the chef walked out it was a nightmare the only thing the manager did was hide.but saying that the ones that did get food in the end it was good.But will not be going there again...

2  Thank tygwyn1
Ellen L, Owner at Coco's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I don't mind taking on-the-chin something for which i was responsible, but in the case of the complaint about the delay in getting served deserves my side of the story.

Firstly the wedding party booking was for 8pm the guests arrives in dribs and drabs and eventually places their orders at 9pm, by this time another 27 diners were seated and the 52 A La Carte orders hit the kitchen almost simultanously. As the food is freshly preparare this caused a log jam resulting in the delay.

How ever, i do thank the complainant for mentioning that when the food was served it was 'Good'.

Secondly, the accusation that "The Manage hid" is not true. Rather than listen to something i was already aware of (through my staff) i felt my presence and extra hands would be more helpful in the kitchen. The restaurant is an open And spacious room with a full open plan kitchen. I was in full View - not hiding.

Finally, and most importantly, i was disappointed that no mention was made of the fact that almost all of the party were not charged for their food or drinks.

Considering the wedding was the following day, a delay in being served FREE 'Good' food and drinks did not seriously effect the wedding plans. In actual fact it was a very generous compensation on my part.

I would like to think that all went well on the wedding day and offer congratulations and good luck to the newly weds .