Amphora Hotel & Suites
$275
Hotels.com
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
$246
Roman Boutique Hotel(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Breakfast included
$226
$194
$261
$254
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$95
Priceline
$110
$104
1,241 results
All reviewspool barsea viewminimalist stylekettle and cupsmodern hotelbreakfast roomiron and ironing boardcoastal pathone bedroom suiteother hotelssmall fridgegolf buggysun loungerstea and coffeeharbour areawalk in showersea front
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights break to attend a wedding in Paphos. Had booked somewhere else but was treated to upgrade at this hotel. Just a few months old but the positives were that it was peaceful and there wasn't a scram for the sun beds! You would understand if you went for a walk along promenade past,Alexander the Great and Annabelle where there was a hairs breadth between beds and all were occupied. The hotel is modern and minimalist, lovely pool area and set well back from the promenade. Our room was upgraded to a 1bed suite which was really nice. It has a fridge, safe 2 tv's, lounge area , balcony and bathroom with double basin's bath and walk in shower. Breakfast is buffet style with good choices and bacon/ eggs being cooked regularly on the grill behind buffet. Staff are attentive. Food by the pool is very good and Suite 48( adjoining bar) is cool place for evening drinks. Walk along the beach front goes to Paphos and beyond. There are lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, The Lodge is a very good South African steak restaurant. I would definitely visit this hotel again

Room Tip: Block one has views towards Paphos town and sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Creditgirl
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I returned from this hotel yesterday. I had travelled to Cyprus alone to go to a wedding and booked into the Amphora for four nights. This hotel truly made my holiday perfect. I arrived to find my double room had been upgraded to a suite. Accomodation was modern and totally spotless. The pool was the cleanest I have ever seen and neither pool nor sunbed terraces crowded. It was quiet and peaceful and staff were unfailingly courteous and couldn't do enough to help, especially the very lovely receptionist who was working last night (28th Sept). I cannot find anything negative to say about this hotel and its employees. As it is very new there is still some landscaping, planting etc going on and I think when the new planting matures it will add to its appeal. Can't wait to return to this hotel, well worth booking!

Room Tip: Go for a sea View.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely holiday at the Amphora after a relaxing break with my friend. I'll start with the good points. The location is fantastic with easy access to Paphos harbour and a bus stop 15m from reception. There are taxis available in abundance with the resort in a lovely quiet location. Beautiful surroundings, pool inviting and clean with access to a small beach area and direct access to the coastal path. The rooms are tastefully decorated and wonderfully quiet and relaxing, modern and clean. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice. Food from pool bar exceeded expectation and bar staff friendly. Maids keep rooms clean and tidy and are very pleasant. Restaurant staff are also helpful and friendly. I look forward to seeing the resort when the spa is complete and almost definitely would revisit. For good food and a great dining experience visit The Lodge, an African restaurant 5 minutes walk from the Amphora. Suite 48 is a fantastic extra to the resort a bar with a great atmosphere.

The bad points. Unfortunately the reception staff are mostly rude and unhelpful (apart from a young male who I think is called Thomas). At no point did the receptionists make me feel like I was a guest or customer in fact it was implied I was an inconvenience to them. All questions asked (there were not many, just general enquiries of location, excursions etc) were treated as a problem. There was one female who was more mature than the others who in particular was exceptionally rude, condescending and stand offish with an extreme air of self importance. When we checked out she did not even enquire if everything had been ok or if we had enjoyed our stay. To be honest I have found this standard in most hotels even ones of less star ratings than the Amphora. One day our used towels were taken from our room but not replaced, when we called for fresh ones we were told there were not any towels available as there maybe a problem with the laundry. We asked the pool staff for a couple of extra pool towels and were told no as there were two left. I explained we needed to shower for dinner and we were eventually given the towels. At breakfast on two different occasions the orange juice ran out and was not replaced and the apple juice on another occasion. The restaurant also ran out of glasses. I was just concerned that for a 4* resort, not at peak season could run out of such simple things. I therefore hope these are just teething problems. These could be made up for with good customer service which is lacking we did not receive an apology for the inconvenience on any occasion. I think for a luxury resort you should be treated with a little more hospitality. I have experienced 3* all inclusive hotels with staff who can not do enough for you not to mention the basics.

All in all this resort is fantastic. If you wish to relax in a minimalistic resort without awful hotel entertainment this is the place for you. The views and sunset are wonderful and the cleanliness is faultless. There are aspects that the Amphora has so right and I think with the finishing touches like improvement of customer service and more supplies they could be in the top 3 of places to stay in Paphos.

You won't be disappointed with the hotel location, cleanliness or breakfast. Nothing to recall or review that would ruin anybody’s stay. I hope they make the little changes required to complete the potential of this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea and pool views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank gmcb108
Reviewed September 19, 2013

we have just returned from a week holiday at the amphora.
don't listen to the bad reviews. the hotel was excellent. fantastic service from staff, the rooms were lovely,clean and spacious and the bed was so comfortable.amazing sea views from the balcony. the swimming pool was brill and hotel located right near the beach. lots of restaurants and shops at your doorstep and its only a short walk to harbour.
we had breakfast included, there was a big selection of hot and cold food and all was lovely.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone.
definitely coming back again had a lovely time in paphos

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank justina91
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed overnight in this lovely new hotel......superior suite was very spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable, it's in a nice location overlooking the sea. The pool and sunbed area was good plenty of beds and not too close together. Breakfast was nicely presented and a wide variety of choice, we did not have dinner at the hotel as there are plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area......would reccomend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again .

Room Tip: All rooms are new and overlook the sea or pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple