“Amazing Food and Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akis Tavern

Akis Tavern
Ranked #2 of 537 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A simple traditional taverna, family run, with no gourmet elements, as that would contradict the whole concept, in a village setting and beautiful gardens. My mum prepares the food with lots of love and the rest of us make sure it is served to you properly and on time! The presentation is simple as well, as my father wants, although my mother would love to show off a bit more of her skills:) However and most importantly, it is genuinely Cypriot!We have had the taverna since 1990 and during the years we have made a lot of wonderful friends and shared with them beautiful moments, wedding and christening parties, anniversaries and birthday parties. That is the best part of the story!So, after writing a whole essay I realise I could just describe it with one single sentence: A family-run tavern who loves Cypriot food and enjoys serving its visitors!Thank you for taking the time to read it!
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food and Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Myself and 2 female friends ecently had a week in Paphos and decided based on the reviews on here to take a trip out to Akis Tavern using the local bus (25/30 minutes away). We went to Akis Tavern on the penultimate night of our holiday and 2 out of the 3 of us had the Moussaka which is absolutely amazing, so amazing that we decided to go back for our last night and try the meze which was just out of this world. I lived in Cyprus for 2 years (1995/96) and can't remember the food tasting this good!

Akis himself was very welcoming and on the 2nd night we asked what the cake was we had been given the previous night, he told us it was semolina cake and we asked for the recipe. Akis then went to get his wife Marina who gave us a list of the ingredients and the process for making it.

Although it is out of the way, I would definitely recommend making the trip to this amazing restaurant for the food and hospitality.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Andrea D
Andrianahad, Owners' daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for a great review and for reccomending us, your words were really kind! My mum has been wondering if you have tried baking the semolina cake! if yes, send us some photos and feedback through email ;)

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hartlepool
“Best local meze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Used Akis on recommendation a few times last summer, Lovely setting in garden , great service from the family and an excellent meze , Local produce and all home made , will be back this july .

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paul R
Dear Paul,
Thank you very much for your kind review, we do appreciate it and we are looking forward in meeting you again in July ;)
“Totally in love.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was on holidays, about a week ago in Cyprus. I stayed in a hotel near Pissouri, so me and my husband rent a car. We both love the beach, and the weather of Cyprus, so we were driving from beach to beach. We was on our way to Coral Bay, when we spotted a little tavern on the right. We decided to visit it on our way back, and so we did. It has a beautiful garden, well groomed. Loved the atmosphere. Perfect for couples (i found it romantic) and perfect for families with children, as it has grass and swings, and next to it is a little square with outdoor toys. I surely reccomend the dolmades, and the mousakka. Wasn't busy enough, so the owner and chef, came and met us. We had a nice talk. I am totally in love with this tavern.!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Wallan D
I took your advice and searched for your "secret" beach and it was indeed a hidden paradise ;) Therefore, I double thank you :)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“wish I, d been before!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The owner is one of the nicest Cypriots that I have ever met in the 23 years that my husband and I have been visiting Cyprus. The food is typically Cypriot. I had kleftico and my husband had beef stifado. Both dishes melted in the mouth, they were served with greek salad which was so fresh and home made chips.mmmm.we were then given a lovely home made dessert, which was also delicious. I must say that the toilets were the cleanest that I have ever been to in Cyprus and believe me I, ve visited a few! So this lovely akis taverna is definitely worth a visit. Enjoy! ,

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sylvia E
Andrianahad, Owners'daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our tavern! My father sends his regards and thanks you personally, as he was the one talking with you that night :)
london
“Amazing!!! This is for sure number one in Paphos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

First of all let me start with, this restaurant should be number one in Paphos not number 3,
I am greek myself and this place makes food that melts in your mouth just like a greek mum!
If you would like to take real greek food this is your place.
Looking back at other reviews one has come to my attention 'unfriendly' this person must be having a laugh or simply mad! as you will never find a more friendly happy restaurant in Paphos or in cyprus!!!

Go to this place to eat you will come away with a full tummy, a wonderful evening and you will truly feel like you are in cyprus!
I go cyprus every year and look forward to visiting this place, they even remember who we are each year when we visit. Even celebs have visited this place.

The food is fresh, the location is really lovely and it's great value for money perfect for small and big parties, we went with a small child and found the owners really helpful and ever so friendly.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank mazsoc
:) We love your reviews, they make our day as they are always very sweet! Thank you very much for being such a "fan" ;)