“Excellent diving company”
Review of Cydive

More attraction details
Owner description: Cydive is the largest and longest running Dive Shop in Paphos, Cyprus. We are the First 5 * CDC and a National Geographic Teaching Centre. Cydive was founded in 1978 and is currently under the management of Mr Photos Socratous and his lovely wife Julie, who have now owned the dive centre for 13 years.Our scuba diving centre in Paphos, offers a wide variety of dives, lessons and packages including scuba diving for children using only fully qualified PADI instructors. Our customers can relax and enjoy their experience above and below the surface with the latest equipment. We visit over fifty dive sites throughout the year and at any one time we have twenty four unique sites in our fortnightly timetable. Our timetable features all year round, a dive at the Zenobia wreck - one of the top ten wreck dives worldwide. We also cater for those of you who wish to further your diving career with four IDC courses a year.Cydive has grown in size over the last 33 years, it is proud to maintain its reputation as professional, friendly and helpful. We cater for experienced and novice divers, the complete beginner, singles or groups and we welcome non-divers on all our dive trips (space permitting).
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My niece done a refresher open water dive with Cydive and she highly rates them as very good and very good value for money. She has said that she highly recommends them and would use them again.

1  Thank saz_haras
in 8 reviews
"taster session"
"experienced diver"
in 6 reviews
"just returned from a week"
in 4 reviews
"great dive"
"basic training"

Reviewed March 6, 2013

CyDive is a very professionally run diving centre, and I always dive with them when I am in Paphos. I recommend them without hesitation.

1  Thank Eric_Lemon
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I came to Cydive as a beginner with no qualifications but a small amount of experience. I decided to study for an Open water PADI qualification with Cydive, and was very pleased I did.

My first impression of Cydive was very much one of lots of people from different nationalities all working together; there was a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. The guys were extremely helpful and enthusiastic and seemed to go the extra mile in terms of service. I always felt very safe in their hands and all the boats and equipment all seemed in top notch.

I’d definitely recommend Cydive for obtaining a qualification, but there are also some amazing dives in Paphos including wrecks, caves and roman ruins! Although I’m speaking as a beginner there seemed to be broad range of abilities on the boat dives enjoying the diving!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

An excellent dive centre, I was staying with friends in Cyprus over Xmas and had planned some dives with a local dive centre, however the previous days before my arrival had been stormy and my dive centre was not hopeful for any diving and I got the feeling I was being strung along as I was just a single diver looking for a few dives. My friends had previously seen cydive in paphos and said it looked like a very good dive centre. A call was made to them on Xmas eve, where the shop staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, they had also been diving that day ( my dive centre said it wasn't worth diving due to low viz) and reported viz was poor on 1st dive but 20 metres on 2nd. So as a back up plan I checked if I could dive with them on the 27th of dec,if my centre let me down again. I was given a number to call on Boxing Day eve if my centre let me down( they did,no contact at all) told it was no problem and be at the shop for 9. Spent the day with them doing a morning and afternoon dive with mick as the dive instructor/guide, I found the shop and facilities to be excellent, all the staff friendly and helpful, well organised with equipment/cylinders and transport, boat was very good and only a short walk from the shop. Briefings were light hearted but thorough and clear, two very pleasant dives with some nice swimthroughs and a wreck tour. I left after my dives with lots of information about other dives I would like to do when I return to Cyprus. Although this centre is not local to me I will be travelling to cydive for any future diving on the island and would recommend them to anyone looking for a safe, friendly diving experience. Thank you cydive.

1  Thank Adyposh
See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have known and dived with CYDIVE for 4 seasons. I took a sabbatical in 2012 to experience another dive centre in Paphos, only to return to the CYDIVE fold in November 2012, and will be with them in 2013.

Why? Perhaps the integrity, professionalism of Photos, the owner, and his emphasis in maintaining PADI standards would be a primary reason.

Proper maintenance of, and keeping the main diving equipment such as regulators, BCDs, tanks and tank valves in good working condition, would be another reason.

Air that does not smell of oil because the filters were not changed also helps.

Air conditioned classrooms that are designed for, and encourage, teaching and learning that are a must for a dive centre in Paphos during the summer season.

Proper dive briefings and a boat captain that never misses a dive site's anchor point are a must.

Alternate dive sites when weather is not helpful and conditions warrant, no matter the distance. Oh I forgot, we don' t get charged for the extra expense the dive centre incurs.

Oxygen, First Aid kit, water, seasonal fruits, coffee and tea when the temps drop; everything to make our dives more pleasant and safe.

2 weekly trips on the Zenobia with snacks between dives and a BBQ after the second dive.

What else can you ask from a dive centre?

1  Thank George V