“Best scuba dive experience so far!”
Review of Cydive

Cydive
More attraction details
Owner description: Cydive is the largest and longest running Dive Shop in Paphos, Cyprus. We are the First 5 * CDC and a National Geographic Teaching Centre. Cydive was founded in 1978 and is currently under the management of Mr Photos Socratous and his lovely wife Julie, who have now owned the dive centre for 13 years.Our scuba diving centre in Paphos, offers a wide variety of dives, lessons and packages including scuba diving for children using only fully qualified PADI instructors. Our customers can relax and enjoy their experience above and below the surface with the latest equipment. We visit over fifty dive sites throughout the year and at any one time we have twenty four unique sites in our fortnightly timetable. Our timetable features all year round, a dive at the Zenobia wreck - one of the top ten wreck dives worldwide. We also cater for those of you who wish to further your diving career with four IDC courses a year.Cydive has grown in size over the last 33 years, it is proud to maintain its reputation as professional, friendly and helpful. We cater for experienced and novice divers, the complete beginner, singles or groups and we welcome non-divers on all our dive trips (space permitting).
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Found this place on the net while looking for a place to carry out my first stage of my open water dive qualification (scuba diver).
Staff were very helpful over the phone and bookin was very easy.
On arrival all the staff were friendly, helpful and all my paperwork was done fast.
On starting my course they picked me up in the morning from my hotel (and dropped me back again). Course instructor was great, took use through the introductions and all our dives making sure we understood everything while enjoying it as much as possible, very patient should anyone have any problems. The open water dives (first 2 in the course) were only in the bay area getting us used to the sea and procedures but were still very enjoyable and found myself at ease for the entire time underwater.

Overall great experience and will be returning to hopefully complete my open water course here in the very near future.

3  Thank AndyPRG
There are newer reviews for Cydive

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just returned from a week in Cyprus and used CyDive to make my return to the Deep. Initially contacted by email in advance of traveling to Paphos and the response was quick polite and of great assistance.

What can I say - ALL the staff at CyDive were first class. In the office both Julie before I arrived with emails about dive options and Leanne whilst I was in Paphos were extremely helpful.

Not having been in the water for 3 years I completed an initial refresher dive with Arik - well organised including equipment assembly and the important skill tests in the shallow waters in the harbour.

I also completed The Shoals dive which is a easy going dive but for me it was an ideal opportunity to regain buoyancy control.

I have to say the dive at Manijin was fantastic and the swim through was the highlight for me of the 4 dives I undertook in the week.

Mick accompanied me and the others on the dive at Manijin and his instructions were as clear and precise despite different nationalities.

My overall impression was that the instructors are all friendly - spoke to all that were there whether they were part of your dive or not - they were happy to answer questions help with any queries on the dive you were about to undertake and ask you about previous experience.

I would really recommend CyDive whether you looking to experience the underwater world for the first time or like myself continue my experience!

3  Thank Mikey2659
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Its 10 years since I last tried scuba diving and the Cydive experience was a brilliant re-introduction. The welcome to the dive centre was friendly - there's a dive shop and a nice shady area to sit while everyone gathers for each session. Our instructor, Gemma, was very professional but made it fun and made sure everyone felt confident and reassured. The class-room where the course introduction was delivered was clean, air-conditioned and kitted out with good AV equipment. On my course, one of the participants was a young German boy, the rest being British. Gemma spoke German and made sure that he understood everything and took time to go through the technical/safety points with him 1-to-1. I got the impression that Cydive took great care to match instructors to groups taking account of the mix of experience and languages spoken by participants. The dive location was just metres from the dive-centre - we simply pushed a trolley of equipment to the shore and Gemma then went through the procedures with us. Our equipment had been prepared already and our names were marked on our kit. Everything was provided, all we needed was swimwear. Considering it was mid-October the sea was lovely and warm - Paphos, Cyprus is a great location for learning to dive! Gemma lead us out to a confined, relatively shallow area for the first part of our training, where we put into practice all of the procedures we had gone through in the classroom. Gemma made sure we were all OK after each routine and whilst there were four of us, I felt we each had personal attention. Then we swam out to the open dive location, it was a gentle 5-minutes of backstroke to fixed rope which lead down to the beginning of the next part of our session. We all followed Gemma deeper and deeper and then we were able to view various man-made and natural phenomena including various fish, discarded anchors and the old harbour wall which created a reef for us to explore. We were all free to do our own thing under the careful supervision of our instructor. For over four hours of high quality instruction, a fun activity and even a certificate at the end, this was both fantastic value and a fantastic experience. Can’t wait to go back for the next step!

4  Thank Cliff T
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I did my PADI Instructor course in Cydive a few years ago and I was fully satisfied not only with the course but from all the staff and people that work there. Friendly atmosphere and professionalism is what highlights Cydive diving center in Pafos. I have used Cydive for some of my diving in the area and I have always been very satisfied! Moreover, the owner is an active member of the Scuba Diving Association in Cyprus and participates in projects such as the deployment of boats for the creation of underwater artificial reefs in Cyprus. I highly recommend Cydive for your diving experience in Cyprus!!!

3  Thank Melina_diver
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had a great experience at cydive, First time i have ever tried it, the instructors were very professional and put first time divers at ease, just cant wait for my next dive!!

3  Thank Laura87_16