“No more decent fish and chips”
Review of Moulia Fish and Seafood - CLOSED

Moulia Fish and Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moulia Fish and Seafood is dedicated to serving fresh fish from Cyprus and nearby Mediterranean countries. Our Suppliers are small fish markets and fishermen from Paphos.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sad to say that this long established restaurant is no longer open due to family problems It is sadly closed down and up for sale

Date of visit: September 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over the years the reviews on this restaurant have been getting worse, and now it has gone. Other restaurant owners should take note, look after tourists !!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Always used to love visiting this restaurant, including before it moved to its current seafront location. On this occasion, my visit was disappointing and I doubt I’ll return.

You are seated from the front to make the restaurant look fuller but customers had no choice where they sat in order to enjoy the lovely view.

Menus were not readily available, we were given one English and one Russian between four, not a big deal, however something to be thought about. There were not many staff on and questions I had about the menu were seemed to be an inconvenience.

No mussels were available. Three of my party ordered traditional fish and chips which was perfectly pleasant at 10.50 euros plus 2 euros for mushy peas however it was not spectacular fish as you’d expect from a seafood restaurant, tx even when you are ordering a battered cod.

I ordered battered prawns at 15 euros. I received literally a plate of battered prawns with a sweet chilli dip. They were adequate and hot however once I’d eaten half of them I was bored. A little salad garnish, even a leaf of lettuce or some raw cabbage that seems to come with every meal in Cyprus would have broken the prawns up and given the meal some texture.

I was disappointed that also on trying t to get the bill, I was told to “wait a minute”. I was in no hurry but did not expect this rude tone.

Not a bad meal but definitely downhill since my last visit and will not return.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

Really good food, great to go to a proper seafood specialist rather than the many restaurants that try to do a bit of everything. Yes it takes a while for the food to come out but who’s in a rush on holiday? Seabass fillet was lovely as were the scallops while the seafood pasta was AMAZING. Reasonably priced at 70€ for two courses including a couple of beers each. Enjoyable visit.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

Two years ago we were fortunate to visit this restaurant twice, the oysters and fresh fish were excellent, unfortunately this time we were given items that didn’t correspond to the menu I.e. bass fillets are not triangular and certainly do not need hot paprika to enhance there “Freshness”. The meal was a total disappointment we cannot recommend to anyone, had a platter and rice was mush and most were definitely frozen fish and seafood as were tough.

Date of visit: June 2019