“Lovely”

Ranked #58 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights last October. Lovely and quiet, clean and spacious room with a view over the gardens. Food was very good and a plethora of dishes to choose from at every meal. Pool was never over crowded at that time of year but still plenty of sunshine to allow me to enjoy it.

Just a stroll away from the centre and a great bus service to local attractions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin_Claxton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I visit Hotel Veronica at least 3 times a year. This Hotel feels like my second home. The Management and staff have become my friends and I look forward to seeing them when I return, I miss them when I go home. I have also got to know many of the lovely customers who also return again and again. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a good view. The pool is a good size and the bar in the evening is highly recommended, I am there with the customers every evening. The hotel is in a very good location, near the harbour and there is a bus stop just outside and a taxi rank next door. You are approximately 20 mins from the airport. I will be returning again in September and I am looking forward to it. I hope this review has been helpful, if there is anything else you need to know please ask me, in the meantime book it and try it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice especially the ones on the 4th foor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank LoganBerry123
Coventry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have arrived back from the Veronica hotel today after a 10 day stay. After reading reviews on here I was quite worried but was also advised to ask for a new room. I emailed the hotel and requested this. The room was new and very clean, view from balcony wasn't great but who sits on the balcony all day anyway?!
Unfortunately the food was awful and this isn't me being fussy as my other half who normally eats anything and everything wasn't keen
The receptionists are very rude and unhelpful. Yesterday we checked out at 12 but weren't getting picked up until 7pm. We asked for a courtesy room for half an hour but were told no, I then asked again a few hours later and was told I could use the shower, the lady rang someone and I was told to follow her. She led me downstairs to a dark and cold basement with barely any light, the woman showing me was just as lost as I was
Overall not a bad hotel. But staff and food need major improvement !

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shannonjmurray
Nicosia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Just dirty and terrible hotel! I've been there with my wife last december for one night and we wanted to leave the hotel straight away! Room was so dirty and from another decade that we were waiting the morning to come just to leave from there! If you want to enjoy your stay in paphos just avoid this hotel!

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank anp727

Travelers are raving about these Paphos hotels

milford haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I really don't knowwhat toadd to my previous reviews of this hotel. Wonderful! when I was back over thererecently, they had just completed anew wxtension to the hotel, it's really very nice. As ever, wonderful staff, food. All guests there appear to enjoy themselves, it is so relaxing and everybody mix in together like one big happy family. That is of course the way that the owner and management want you to feel. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone there, I highly reccommend the Veronica Hotel. Lovely location nottoo far from the harbour everywhere within easy walking distance. Please visit there as I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank susanMilfordHaven
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We booked this hotel through teletext holidays - who said that for an extra £40 we would get a pool view room with a double bed. Unfortunately, as it seems, teletext holidays pocketed this cash and never mentioned anything to Veronica hotel about the improved room. However, thankfully I had emailed ahead to the manager about getting these amenities and he had replied saying no problem. So, after arriving and being put in a room looking out over the car park with twin beds, I showed the (unfriendly, unhelpful) receptionist a print out of these emails and she grudgingly put us in a better room, saying we might be moved.
We weren't moved, and the room we were in was very acceptable. We didn't use the fridge (which costs and extra €2.50/day) and the A/C could have been stronger, but we had a balcony where you could see the sea, a bed, a tv and a clean shower.
The cleaners were great - thought the rooms were very clean, perhaps a bit dated, but when you're paying these prices you can't complain.
We tried to ask another receptionist about a local restaurant we had read about online. She was completely useless again. Would not ring them to find out if we needed to book a table. Wouldn't look them up online for their phone number. The same lady wouldn't help when we asked about somewhere to print off boarding passes. Told us she didn't know and went back to her computer screen (probably playing solitaire or something else very important). This same lady also took the key off me on our last day, and when I said we were checking out she didn't even ask how our stay was. So, don't expect much from the reception staff.
Having said that. We got half-board, which includes breakfast and dinner. The food was clearly cheap enough cuts of meat etc but it was all really well cooked, and delicious. I also am coeliac so after showing them my greek GF card they were very accomodating in telling me what I can and cannot eat.
The lady in the bar was an absolute gem - so friendly and provided us with a great service. She made up for the useless reception staff - also managed to tell us where we could find somewhere to print our boarding passes!
We went for the last week in June so it wasn't overly busy, which was nice. The pool has loads of sun beds around it and it's of a fair size. The location was good, a few minutes walk from the beach and 10-15 min walk from the harbour. There's a bus to the harbour and a bus going the other way goes to the waterpark so we had plenty to entertain ourselves with. The hotel is in the nice side of Paphos, and it's nice and quiet. Perfect for what we paid for it, so I don't think we can really complain!

Room Tip: email ahead and ask for a pool view room. if they have it available they'll give you it at no ex...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bridget B
Fareham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked this hotel for some of the party going to my daughters wedding in Paphos who were on a budget. Big mistake. The staff on reception are rude, you get charged if you want to use the fridge in the room, the all inclusive lite is a joke. You get given 6 vouchers per person per day for drinks which also have to be used for water if you want any. 2 vouchers will get you 1 large beer, the local spirits are non existent even though the all inclusive drinks menu says local spirits are available. The food, well where do I start! Very limited choice at every meal time. Food was like prison slop so our friends ate out almost every mealtime even though they had paid for food and drink at this hotel. If you are going on a budget do not be fooled by the price of this hotel because the extra you spend dining out would be better served going to a slightly dearer hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple