“Disappointing food and 6 drinks...”
Review of Veronica Hotel

Veronica Hotel
Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived at night, about 9pm and went straight into dinner, we were not really impressed, but thought it could get better..... It didn't! First of all.... This is NOT ALL INCLUSIVE! You only get 6 drink tokens throughout the day, so we had to buy drinks as it was so warm! The six drinks includes water and soft drinks, and there were limited drinks that you could get as past of the all inclusive token system, no cocktails, only orange juice and some local spirits. Breakfast was ok, cooked breakfast, toast, cereal and meats and cheeses, you got drinks included and didn't need to use your tokens (orange juice, apple juice, water, milk, tea and coffee) there were plenty of sunbeds and the pool area was clean, but the kids pool didn't look like it was cleaned as there was sand in there from day 1! Lunch was the nicest meal, I don't know if they had different chefs but lunch was the only nice meal! Salads, pasta, rice, then meat of some kind, and wedges, potatoes or chips! Some nice desserts here too, jelly cakes and fruit, oranges were juicy but the melon had no taste! Evening meal... Where do we start, out of the 7 nights we were there we ate out of the hotel for 3, some nights it was inedible. We ate ribs one night and had to have about 4 ribs before you got any meat. Rooms were basic and need updating but they were clean. There is no entertainment at the hotel so we went out in the evenings. You also have to pay for the fridge, which is essential if you are all inclusive as you won't have enough to drink with the 6 tokens alone! The bar staff work really hard and they deserve a special mention. Also, do not pay to keep your room on unless you have to, as they do have showers downstairs which are free to use. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again, and will learn by my mistake of not looking at reviews before booking!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pinksuzie591

Reviewed June 17, 2013

we booked our stay at Veronica hotel a year in advance.Having booked all inclusive,we was shocked to recieve six tokens a day to purchase tea,coffee beers (half a pint).No mention of this when we booked,no kettle in the bedroom,a fridge that you had to pay for daily.No snacks provided in between meals.Six tokens a day didnt provide enough fluid in 33 degrees heat.Very dissapointed,and certainly would not return to Veronicas hotel......

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank margaretjoynt
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

To begin with we arrived at veronica at 1am to be told they had messed up our booking and therefore my daughter and I were separated from my partner and put in two separate rooms. The reception guy said "dont take it up with me I can't do anything for you".
Then I asked for a drink as we thought we were all inc to be told had to wait till 7am at breakfast!
The hotel was old and in desperate need of updating, the rooms were old and smelly although to be fair clean. We had to pay 3.50 euro s for the fridge per day which was appalling. The tv was old and had no english channels on. Minor I know!
Now, the breakfast was horrendous although the most bare able food during our stay. The evening meal was buffet style and was mush and slop which I wouldn't feed to my dog! And constantly cold.
you get given 6 tokens per day for local drinks included in the all inc package which you are NOT told when booking. This is NOT an all inc hotel as you are given 3 meal s per day not all day.
All the hotel responded with is what do u want for a 3*. Staff were ok not overly welcoming or courteous.
The pool was small albeit clean and huge trees surrounded it which prevented any sun from coming in.
It is fair to say I will NOT be returning EVER

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gemsywemsy32
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked our stay at the Veronica a year in advance for my boyfriends sisters wedding. I've never been abroad before so it was my first time, we arrived at 11pm and were checked in by some young woman who wasn't very friendly.
We took the smallest lift I've ever been in to our room. We were situated at the front of the hotel. Our room was horrendous. It smelt, the bathroom was run down and broken, our air con didn't work and there were things falling from the ceiling. Our patio balcony doors wouldn't shut at all and the bed was covered in hair.
The fridge didn't work and there was only one plug socket in the entire room. As well as this the wiring was all on show! When we complained a man at reception said 'everything is fine!' He didn't offer to let us have another room or ask us if he could help us or check the room.
We slept at a different hotel the first night. We came back in the morning and got no help from the grumpy, unhelpful staff. Breakfast was abysmal! All in all we will never forget our horrendous holiday there. It was so bad we checked out and stayed at the lovely, clean, friendly and helpful hotel next door, the avanti hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Mabaillie
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would recommend this beautiful hotel if you want relaxation. Staff are always willing to help and friendly, clean pool area, lovely food. It is not a hotel for children so if you are a couple it is perfect. It is within easy walking distance of the harbour & Marina, local bus stops right outside of hotel as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel advertises all-inclusive light, and states each guest is allowed six drinks per day.
What they fail to mention is having water with a meal actually counts as one of the six, and if you want a cup of tea,that also counts as one of your six, something which a lot of people were shocked by.
There were no snacks, you could have ice cream if you paid for it, similarly you could also have a packet of crisps if you paid for them as well.
Having said all this, I also have to say the place was spotless, the room was nicely furnished, and the bed very comfortable. The food was also tasty and varied, but no entertainment unless you counted the large television that showed sport all the time.
One final thing the staff were wonderful, the ivy was growing across my sister's balcony, I went to reception to ask if something could be done about, and a short time later a man came and cut it all back for her,you only had to say and it was dealt with, so top marks for that.

Room Tip: my room number 138 looked out over the pool and was on the first floor, it was very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jed20005
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have visited this hotel and few times now and i have always had a wonderful holiday! You cant fault the staff and service, Diana who works in the bar is very friendly and hardworking, the manager of the hotel is also very friendly and makes you feel very welcome. We had a nice clean room overlooking the pool. The food was very nice. Great location only about 5mins walk from beach! Cant wait to go back to this hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2013