“Hotel Hospitality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Bolton Lancashire
“Hotel Hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

Having just heard about this website, we looked at Veronica Hotel comments as we have stayed there 4 times. We were amazed at some of the negative comments as on each occasion that we haved stayed there we never experienced any problems and got on well with all the staff. The fact that there are many regular visitors must say something about the hotel.
We can only assume that those who have had problems with the hotel usually stay at 5* or have problems themselves!
We have stayed B&B and halfboard and always had a choice and something excellent at the evening meal
We go on holiday to enjoy ourselves, which we do, not look for
faults or imagined faults.
I & SK Lancashire

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank Silver017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
British tourist
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

I was not expecting much, we had booked a late break my 13yr old son and I and had a hotel half board for less than £15 per night. However on arrival I was pleasantly surprised, not only is the hotel smart and clean but its in a great location. Yes I had a car, no you don't need one it just helps.

The room was clean, warm and the beds comfortable. I was concerned because some of the reviews on here were quite negative. Food was good too, I only HAD to eat out once because there was nothing that appealled to my very fussy palate.

I would have no hesitation in booking the Veronica again, a couple of minor niggles though - nothing for the teenagers to do in the evenings foretunately laptops and dvds were on hand as I thought this may be the case but we ended up being cinema for 1/2 a dozen kids. The other niggle, pool cold, too cold would it really hurt to get a heater installed as the hotel is open all year.

• Liked — value for money
  • Disliked — lack of entertainment for teens
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Bikerboi
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

I have stayed at the Veronica several times, and at different times of year, the last time being Christmas and New Year, and have always found it completely satisfactory.
Checking in is handled in an efficient and friendly manner, and throughout my stays, I have found Reception staff, without exception, to be courteous and helpful.
My rooms have been pleasant, fully equipped and well maintained,and thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. I would like to add, having paid anything up to £10 per day in other hotels for use of a fridge, I find the small charge very reasonable. The bed linen and towels are changed several times a week.
The restaurant staff are delightful. They cannot do enough to be helpful, and contrary to one review, I have never had the feeling of being rushed to finish my meal, despite the fact I eat quite late.
The food is of an extremely high standard, and there is a wide and varied choice available from the buffet, which is constantly replenished.
The lounge and bar areas are very comfortable, and have a warm and friendly atmosphere. As a single traveller, I find this particularly nice, as I can go for a coffee or a drink after dinner, and feel completely at ease on my own.
The pool area is delightful, surrounded by trees. There are more than sufficient sunbeds and shades. The pool and surrounding area is cleaned every day.
The hotel itself is ideally situated within easy walking distance of restaurants, bars, and tourist attractions, while being far enough away not to be noisy during the night.
Overall, the ambience is lovely, the staff are courteous, friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and the food is excellent.
What more can anyone ask?
In closing, I would like to mention I have never had any problem with any member of staff, BUT the attitude and manners of a very small minority of the guests, on occasion leave a lot to be desired.
I look forward, along with many other repeat clients, to my next visit in the Spring.

• Liked — Loved it all
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Sunny048
North East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2008

Wonderful time had by all my family over New Year.

Yes, needs some refurbishment, but having had a long chat with owner and the manager, it looks like they have good plans for the future.

The staff are superb, nothing was too much trouble and the Hotel is delightfully close to all amenities.

Looking forward to returning again !!!

Tim Irving