“Avoid at all costs”

and 1 more site!
Veronica Hotel
Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have returned from this hotel and what an experience that was, the first room i was given was infested with ants and had a lizard as well living in there. There was a Health Hazard in bathroom in the shape of a standard light switch located above the bath, a broken glass light shade above the bed. If you should have the unfortunate experience of staying here then look out for the dead Cockroachs who made quite a few appearances in the corridors and our bedroom also forget all chances of a decent meal, the breakfasts consist of a tea urn with one tea bag for a hotel full of guests, under cooked bacon and tinned hot dogs. The evening meals were not much better a selection of meat dishes and Frozen Vegetables in a country that prides it's self on good fresh food. In my opinon this is a hotel in decline with very dated fixtures and fittings in the rooms that i was given. The table cloths were not changed even when there was food spilt on them, they were just brushed clean and left ready for the guest to use. The staff that i came into contact with were friendly and pleasant.

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrGrumpyKettering

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We visited this hotel for the first time because we we re looking for something cheap at the last moment and Veronica was offering the best prices by far; also it was exactly opposite the Neapolis University, which was exactly the reason we had to spend the weekend in Pafos.
So we went and I was suspicious because whenever I visited a cheap 3-stars i was extremely dissapointed.
All this disappeared upon arrival :-)
In general, is among the cleanest hotels with many staff for this working all day.
They gave us a quite comfortable room which was recently renovated and at very nice condition; not all furnitures were new but even the old ones matched with the rest.
Especially the frigde is the best I ever met in all hotels I have been regardless category, it was actually freezing drinks exactly as mine at home! Finally the a/c was brand new and fully functional.
Also I would like to speak about breakfast which was probably the biggest surprise, we didn't expect much but after all it was really nice, even better than many 4-stars I've been.
Hotel's pool looks also nice, unfortunately I didn't have the chance to try...
As closing, I would really like to thank reception staff for being so kind and friendly-and always willing to help.

Room Tip: Ask for double bed-on their website mentions only twin bedded rooms but they can find for you! Is be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank 280776George
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading the previous reviews I was very worried about going to this hotel These were quickly dispelled. We had an upper room which was clean and tidy, recently decorated with a good view of the pool area (226). The cost of the fridge was 2.5 Euro a day, room safe 3 Euro a day. Bedding chaged regulary along with the towels. Towels were not provided for the pool. The food was of good quality and plenty of it, there was nothing that you would or could not eat, there was not a huge choice but it is a small hotel, perhaps a larger toaster would help at breakfast time. The evening meal was usually a fish or two meats as a main course and a pasta as well as salad. The bar area in the main hotel was excellent, very spacious and the bar staff extemely helpful and very polite. The pool area was quiet perhaps a little background music would not go amiss but it did not worry us. There is plenty of shade and the trees were being trimmed as we left. The pool is cleaned every morning but you need to be up early to see it being done. The prices are a little on the dear side, but the hotel has to make money and the prices are generally in line with other hotels. There is a bus stop on the opposite side of the road for returning to the hotel and about 200 metres to the left on the hotels side for going into town. The bus service was fantastic, a bus about every 10 minutes for a remarkable 3 euros for a day ticket which you can use all day as many times as you like up until 2300 hrs or single trip 1 euro. (If you go to the international bus station near to the market you can get to Nicosia for 9 Euro return. or Limmasol for 5 Euro return Bargain)(Organised trips tio Nicosia are around 49 Euro). On our stay the majority were Russian and hardly a child to be seen.

Room Tip: 200 series seemed to be fine
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Malcolm D
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got moved to this hotel as our hotel was over booked ( Pafian park) what a dump! We arrived at about 11pm to be pointed to our room which reminded me of a dirty American motel our room was round the back facing on to trees.they had left 3 mankey sandwiches and apple and orange as we were all inclusive

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Alisonyelland5
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel twice in 2yrs and cannot complain about the service that I have received on both occasions. The Staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are cleaned daily with clean bed linen. It has all of the basic amenities that a 3* Hotel should offer, so do not expect 5* Accommodation. I shall certainly be staying here again as it suits all of what I require when on holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower level poolside can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Chris H
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was suggested by a friend of mine. The price is affordable
the food delicious and the room was clean.
I had a nice time. Aldo the staff was very pleasant amd always ready to help. I will come back next year. I had a really nice time

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank Celia I
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for one week and didn't have a good time what so ever... We were half board and the food was so bad we only ate one in the hotel, the room was a mess blood was found on the bed sheets on arrival ... Cockroaches were found in the room ... Air con unit was hanging off the wall and a fused spur was on the tiled wall next to the bath (major health and safety risk) ... Most of the staff I found to be rather rude and blunt and not accommodating towards guests ... I wouldn't go back there even if you paid me!!

• Stayed: August 2012