“Paphos has it all...as for the hotel...it's ok..”

Tasmaria Hotel Apts.
Ranked #52 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Athens,Greece
“Paphos has it all...as for the hotel...it's ok..”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I' ve been to this apart hotel ,Easter of 2014. The room was spacious ,kitchen provided with dishes etc, 3X6 m balcony (inner view facing)- there are other apts with ext view .The Hotel is located at about 45' walk from the Kato Paphos marina (where life is..)..U better rent a car...
The buffet breakfast was adequate (basic English ..) and there was a free parking lot for about 12 cars.Swimming pool was ok, although medium size.Wi- Fi only at the reception & pool bar area.
There was not a TV in the room...but there was an aircondition which probably had to request the remote control from the reception in order to operate (cooling only?) I dont know if they ll charge for this.
However, when I asked for heating -just in case that I ll needed, they replied .." to add a second blanket in the bed"..
Hot water after 2-3' when opening the faucet..Not any complementary cosmetics or shampoos provided.
Over all, the place was calm and no noises where audibles..probably it was a low season period..
Room service provided every day, but during my 3 nights stay they have not changed the sheets,neither the bathroom towels..!
There is a municipal bus service every 20-30' to K.Paphos. The local area is well organized with tavernas ,mini markets etc. The sea is not in a proxime distance and the Paphos coast (appart from the light house - shipp wreck area), is mainly a rocky beach..
Some tavernas in Kato Paphos offer a set menu lunch/diner at 10-15€ ,without alcohol drink.
Paphos is the gate to west Cyprus' natural reserve areas (the most worthwiles..in the island ) offering a variety of activities for a pleasand leisure for all ages .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Demis P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sestri Levante, Italy
Reviewed March 18, 2014

For the price that I paied I got much more than expected. My room was a wide two-rooms apartment (surface approx 45 m2) with balcony and large bath-room. At the reception a kind english girl welcomed me. Close to the reception there was a nice swimming pool and lounge bar, whose prices are very reasonable. Three screens showed Uefa Champions football matches. Parking close to the hotel. The morning after I enjoyed a wide buffet breakfast. The location of Tasmaria is ideal, nearby the main road where all restaurants and pubs are located. It was my starting point of my trip from Paphos to the eastern part of Cyprus. At the lounge bar I had conversations with english retired couples, that told me to be frequent clients of Tasmaria. Ciao from Italy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank jackbrabham2016
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days in August whilst I attended my friend's wedding in Cyprus. The apartment I stayed in was basic, but clean and quite large, with its own seperate balcony. I was on my own for the first few days until my partner joined me, but I felt quite safe in the apartment, and when I couldn't get the window in the bathroom to lock, the man from reception was very helpful and came and locked it for me.
The pool area is really nice. It wasn't too busy when I was there, even though it was August. The sun beds are very comfortable, as are the chairs in the bar area. The drinks were very reasonably priced.
The staff arevery helpful and the lady on reception gave me some spray when a mosquito bite that I had got infected.
The hotel is in a good location as it's on the main road where you can catch the tour bus or a local bus in to Coral Bay or Paphos town.
The only slight disappointment was when I had to pay an extra €60 when my partner joined me in the apartment. I don't really think I should have to pay for an extra person when I have booked a self-catering apartment as it made no difference to the hotel than one extra person was staying there with me or not, it was no extra expense for them. I guess I've seen other hotels do this too though, so I can't complain too much.
Overall a nice little hotel, with very friendly staff in a good location for exploring Cyprus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WeeDougie1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Small but friendly apartment hotel. Good sized rooms, nice pool and lounge area. On the main road so near to other restaurants and bars, also on a bus route into the harbour area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank krazykat649
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice hotel close to great restaurants and in walking distance to the harbour, great breakfast and helpful staff , clean rooms and surroundings. Set back away from the road so very quiet will go back next year

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Smash123
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

just off kings road within walking distance of all bars etc. Clean & fully equiped. Drink expensive at the bar so we only had one before going out. Balconys have no views at all, ours looked onto steps of another building. Staff very good ( thanks to aimee on the bar very friendley and hard working ) Good sleep no noise at all. Great double sun beds with canopys.

Room Tip: get one with pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank louieluca
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We are just back from a week at Tasmaria and it was everything we expected. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms were spacious and everything you needed if you were cooking your own food. The staff did everything they could to ensure our stay was relaxed and enjoyable. The location is in a quiet part of Paphos but is still surrounded by different styles of bars and restaurants. A bus to the harbour costs €1.5 each way or €5 for the day.
There is not much more to say except congratulations on winning the Trip Advisor award this year and we can't wait to return next year

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family