“DONT GO”
Review of King's Hotel

King's Hotel
Ranked #61 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from the Kings Hotel, Tomb of the Kings Road. Well what can I say. first the air conditioning did not work in our room, so we were supplied with a fan. The window in the bathroom was hanging out of the wall and the drain in the floor of the bathroom was completely blocked, as we were told the builders had dropped cement down it when the hotel was being built. Because the drain was blocked, we were supplied with extra floor towels to soak up the water each day. The room was completely covered with ants, which were appearing from the hold in the wall by the air conditioning unit, the furniture was torn with the foam hanging out of the upholstery and very grubby. The phone in the room did not work. This is the first hotel we have ever stayed in where the furniture started to disappear during the week - we started with a stool to the dressing table and ended up with it disappearing mid-week! We queried this and the repsonse we had from the reception staff was "oh! you're not having a lot of luck with that room are you!"

Room Tip: What ever you do Dont stay in room 504.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dave h

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in the Kings Hotel for 8 nights, rooms were basic, but clean. Rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels, general hotel area and pool was alwas clean. Staff were pretty friendly, especially the manageress who chatted to u every morning at breakfast and seemed to have a skill at remebering guest nationality and using correct language. Was about a 15 walk to harbour and main shopping area but there were plenty of good restaurants and bars within seconds of the hotel. WiFi only really works in reception but is fine in there. All in all a fab little find, with many returning guests, we will defianatly be back, thanks

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MIchael_Jonas3
Reviewed August 3, 2012

this is quite a nice place the staff are friendly the rooms are nice do try to get one that faces the front and at least you will see the passing trade. saying that we visited this small hotel 5 times and enjoyed it. lovely owner called naiya. do visit.

Room Tip: front facing are the best
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank happywandererUpNorth
Reviewed July 31, 2012

When I booked this hotel I added a note that I wanted a double bed and a room away from the busy Tomb of the Kings Road. Just to be sure I called 2 days before and checked they had a note of this. They did not but the helpful lady told me that my request was fine and would be arranged.
However, when I arrived they gave me the key to my room and when I entered I found twin beds and a room near the road!!
I went back to reception who called the manager. They took me to 2 more rooms and both had twin beds!! They then told me that the only rooms with double beds were booked. They gave me a room near the pool but the A/C did not work, so after nearly an hour of swapping rooms we settled on a room where at least the A/C worked.
The bathroom was awful. We checked in the other rooms and it seems the hotel is designed for midgets as all the mirrors are only useful if you are 5ft 6 or shorter. The shower curtains were too short so the bathroom flooded every time you took a shower.
The pool was cloudy
Breakfast was a very limited continental selection and the toasters were very cheap home toasters not industrial and took forever.
I must say that the staff were very friendly and helpful. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this place

Room Tip: Tasmaria Hotel 50 metres up the road much better value. Rooms at the front noisy from all the bars.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week during our visit to Cyprus. Its a good choice if you are working on a budget. The staff is friendly and ever-ready to make you feel comfortable.

The rooms are clean, fairly sized and come with all basic amenities like a mini fridge and television. The balcony from the room has a lovely view; especially during the sunrise and sunset. Free Wifi is available in the lobby.

Also, accessibility to the heart of the city is fairly easy considering the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank R0N0S
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is in a good location on the Tomb of the Kings Road. It is next to the bus stop that takes you to the harbour but that it is only a 10-15 minute walk away and the walk takes you via the Archaeological Park which is free and worth a visit.

We asked to change from our first room as it overlooked the side road and the next day we were moved to a pool view room - 506 without any issue or fuss. The rooms are tired and in need of renovation but were clean. It is noisy at night with the karaoke over the road but wasn't too bad. Beds and pillows as with most places I stay abroad were quite hard but a second pillow was provided for when asked.

The pool is really nice, it is designed in a beach style so you walk into it rather than climbing down metal stairs which is a nice touch and it has a handrail so I guess for older people or those with mobility problems it will make getting in much easier. You get the sun all day around the pool.

The staff are excellent, very nice especially the gentleman at reception whose name i'm ashamed to say I didn't get around to asking. Nothing was too much trouble for them, always smiled and the guy often joked with us.

I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant which is about 50 metres to the left of the hotel, best meal we had - the meze is great for two people. The traditional restaurants were disappointing - seemed to cater more to Brits than keeping it authentic. It was a shame as I love traditional food from this area and felt some restaurants had sold out. A few minutes walk to the right is Martellis - great pizzas! For breakfaast or lunch Tea for Two is good and the fish and chips place or the Jungle bar. It is a very British resort so if that's what you like then this is the place for you. I can't speak for the food at the hotel as we never got up in time for breakfast and always ate out.

It is close to beach, the sea has a lot of rocks. Don't bother with the trip to Coral Bay, not worth the hype.

It's a two star hotel and you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget and want somewhere pretty central to bars and restaurants but away from the main bit of paphos (which has the very loud bars and is full of 18 year olds) then it's fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room before you go.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MiladyManchester
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Room had an aroma of gas. Very basic. Breakfast was bearable. Doors banged in the night due to bad fitting/drafts. We only stayed one night. Staff were reasonably friendly though. Bathroom dated and not particularly clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family