“No security!”

Ranked #57 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No security!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here during the October break with my whole family for a wedding. First couple of days were ok water park great for kids. Rooms very basic . Food was horrible. Staff ignorant and very unhelpful . But the worst thing was security first of all they broke in to my sister ground floor apartment when it was locked and stole over £1000 worth of stuff. While they were in bed sleeping with there two young kids . Then later on in the week they tried to force there way in through patio doors while we were in our apartment sleeping .Went to reception to complain we're not very helpful were just told to go back to bed. They kept coming back trying to get in . My 3 kids were terrified by this and did not sleep all holiday. Will never be back .

Room Tip: Upstairs apartment.
6 Thank Ann A
Vasilis V, Manager at Aqua Sol Holiday Village, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
For and on behalf of Aqua Sol Village which is located in Paphos Cyprus, I would firstly like to thank all of our past guests for taking the time to post their comments about their stay with us. Whether good of not so good, these are a valuable source of information that enable us to improve the standard of services offered. We would like to stress that our aim is to offer value for money holidays to all our guests at all times.

As with all business, there are unforeseen events that could happen, that are totally out of a company’s control. The Aqua Sol Village, along with a lot of other hotels in the area, did experience a string of break ins towards the end of the season. The appropriate authorities have been notified and have dealt with the issue. It is a sensitive matter and we cannot influence the course of the police work. We can, however, assure all our future guests that in order to avoid incidents like these happening again, we are installing CCTV cameras. Additionally, through staff training, we are paying extra attention to non hotel guests entering the Hotel. These events are by no way a common occurrence and the procedures that have now been put in place, will minimize the risk of this happening again.

We are very upset about the events that happened, as up to this point we were extremely happy with our accomplishments for 2012, as were many of our guests.

On this note, I would like to wish all our past & future guests a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

From the Hotel Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom

oct 13th - 20th

When our first holiday to majorca was cancelled due to my little girl getting chicken pox the night before we where suppose to fly I read reviews on here and went for this one purly for the waterpark.
When reading there was some negative and positive so for me it was a case of go and make up my own mind.
Now i didn't want to be in with the "negative ones" but im afraid im basing this on my experiance of 2 adults and one 5 year old girl and apart from the waterpark yes there is afew im afraid, however i also believe in you do pay for what you get and if you want 4/5 star hotel then don't come here but you do expect at least a fraction more for what you pay to stay here, we still had a ok time but not sure if we would come back, not unless they sort there night entertainment out, OR get gordon ramsey in, lol, (joke)

Waterprak - 5 / 5
Brilliant, great fun, gets abit tedious so we went to coral beach 10mins away by bus

Food (all inclusive) 2-3 / 5
we are not a fussy eaters but oh my this food we couldn't eat every day, we had to eat out and the thought of eating this slop turned our stomaches, i.e) chips underdone, burgers tasteluss, ham/cheese toastie like gandies flipflop, i could go on and on but i won't.
However drinks, ice creams you would def save ya money?

Entertainment - 3 / 5
Bingo man brill
caberat/comedy - load of dated rubbish, 2 girls, one that looks about 10 but is 22 , both doing silly dancing and is so boring (sorry they do work hard but seriously they need a big wake up call, its 2012, get some up to date chart music (not rick ashley or bannnarama) couldn't wait until bed time as this kind of entertainment was just appauling and sending me and my partner to sleep
Kids mini disco - good but again same songs nearly every night for 30mins thats it?

Coral Bay Beach- 4 / 5
Bus stop top of road on the stretch, 1 euro each, 5-10mins from coral bay
beach beutifull, sand little grey not orange or yellow and had alot of fag butts and rubbish, my little girl cut her foot on a rock that was sticking out of the sand
2.50 euros for sunbed, 2 euros for umbrella which most of them come with but has to be up for you to pay them
Sea - absolutly gorgeous, lovely clear sea, loads of little fishes come right up to the edge and swim around your feet
Sports - me and my partner did bananna boat (parents looked after little one) was 10 euros each, other sports there
Cafe selling lots of things, huge ice creams for 3.50euros, cocktails, beers, food, toilets/showers shop right on the beach, pina coladas from here where lovely ,5 euros, but delish

Hotel room- 3 / 5
This was very clean HOWEVER at night these long black leechy centipedes crawl on the floors and walls outside and our door had an inch gap, wasn't until i got up to go toilet to find 2 of them crawling on the floor in our room, i got my partner to get rid of them so every night we got the towels provided and laid them in front of our door to stop them coming in (room 1314) and never found anymore, they only seem to come out when its dark, couldn't do much though when we wanted to go out?
Our phone to reception didn't work, no instructions on how to unlock the patio doors (was no big problem but had to go down and ask)
Paid extra for sea view, well this room has 2 huge palm trees and a other tree slap bang at the side of our view, ok again no big roblem but if you are paying extra for a sea view then we want a good sea view

Weather - 5 / 5
couldn't of picked a better week, heard week before had thunderstorms, rain, baking hot even at 9 in the morning, absolutly gloreous

Resterents- Vary

We couldn't stomache the food for much longer so we ate out and the first place we went to was one of the first resterents as you get on the stretch on the left started with a "S" and was just after the little supermarket shop but this was lovley, so nice to have proper decent quality tasty food, my partner had mousaka and i had scampi and salad, little girl had fish fingers chips and ice cream for afters, very friendly, got a free shot at end of meal, all our food plus few drinks only came to 32 euros so we left 40 as they really where so nice, other place we ate was first resterent as you get on the stretch but on the other side just before the grill tex mex and i wouldn't recommned going there, food was not good, they was slow, other place we ate was where my parents where staying with their friends can't remember though what that was called, we also went to "the harbour" and ate in a resterent there which was nice

Car hire- 5 / 5
We hired a car between us with my parents, think was around 90 euros for 3 days had to put petrol in it but it was the best thing we did, did bit of scenery looking, drove to the harbour, coral bay beach, to my parents apartment, petrol cheap

ara bay beach- 2 / 5
What a mistake, beach full of pebbles, all in the sea, can't swim properly, very gravelly and hilly to get to, if anyone suggest this whilst your on holiday tell them to go on their own (lol)

IN ALL I CAN'T SAY I'LL NEVER GO BACK BUT CAN'T SEE IT TO BE HONEST, COULD PROBALY FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH BETTER ENTERTAINMENT, BETTER FOOD, BUT ALSO WITH A GOOD WATERPARK, WANTED THE DAYS TO LAST LONGER AND THE NIGHTS JUST TO BE OVER :( SORRY AQUA SOL CREW, I'LL GIVE YOU YOUR DUE YOU ALL WORK SO HARD AND IM NOT SAYING I COULD DO ANY BETTER, YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE MUCH SAY IN THE METTER?? WHO KNOWS, IF YOU DO THEN YOUR YOUNG TRENDY GIRLS, SORT IT OUT :) DON'T THINK THEY READ THESE ANYWAYS AS IF THEY DID SURLY THEY WOULD LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING AND DITCH THE CHEESY DATED ENTERTAINMENT AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING ABIT MORE ORIGNAL?

Room Tip: not 1314 suppose to be sea view but got trees in way? total con of paying extra
1 Thank goigoi
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First off please read this whole review if you consider the safety of your children as important as i do. Stayed here with husband and two kids for October break, first impression was that it was very dated and damp smelling in room, however that was nothing compared to what we had to endure over the next seven nights. Second night of our "HOLIDAY" my husband went back to our room to fetch ipad to keep youngest son who is in a wheelchair entertained to discover it had been stolen along with over £1000 of belongings and £425 in cash,with no sign of broken entry! After 20 minutes the manager came to the hotel and insisted he and my husband go to the room to show him what happened, my husband said he would rather wait till the police arrived but Harry the manager said we must go ahead to make a list of all the items that had been stolen. We let him see the room and both my husband and i are 100% sure all windows and doors where locked (because we had never opened them in the first place) but when the police arrived it was unlocked and just slid open easy! Someone had left it open after we left the room. On the second day friends of ours who were at the hotel went back to their room to discover the patio doors lying open and a pile of expensive belongings lying in a pile. They reported this and the manager said they must have forgot to shut it themselves, but they too had never opened windows or doors in the room. Twice more after being cleaned the maid left windows and patio unlocked. More other guests told us this happened to them also. This led us to believe the maids were in on the theft of our belongings but they had already stolen everything so was it our kids they wanted to steal? This thought and the shocking lack of protection and security left us terrified and at night we baricaded ourselves in our room with the furniture and our sons wheelchair, with the 4 of us camped in the one room the rest of the week was spent sleepless and worried. During the day we spoke to two other familys who had been robbed after us and they where all similar and chillingly they tried to gain entry again after already stealing everything from them, what more could they have got? With the high profile child abductions of recent times you would think management or the police would have made better attempts to stop or try and deter whoever was involved incase they did have more sinister motives.
All of the above aside the hotel is miles away from 4 star status, terrible food, terrible room quality, terrible attitude from staff only thing good was pool and waterpark but would you want your kid running around in a place like this.

11 Thank michelle b

Kind regards,

From the Hotel Management.
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had a fab time arrived home 20th oct 2012, really didnt want to! All the staff are fab, main ones are Cathy in kids club Alicia (my daughter) loved her so much, Vio at pool bar, all at snack bar, Christina in restaurant, the 2 georges on evening bar, Kiki and Alex on pool side entertainment, and the reception staff. So many to mention but these stuck out for me. All soooo friendly and made our holiday special. Only negative is the side of the pool is slippery but after a few falls they soon learn to be careful ha ha. Thanks to all who made it an unforgetable experiance.
x x x

Room Tip: Room 2104 is fab...good view of the sea and water park
1 Thank Julie U
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went with my wife and two young children for a week in October. The reason we chose it is because it has a lot to keep the kids entertained and, certainly, our kids had a brilliant time - they were in the swimming pool or the water park from first thing in the morning until the end of the day. There is also a kids club which has various activities each morning and afternoon although our kids were happy enough to play in the pool or the little playground which sits right beside the main pool. There were loads of other families there too with kids around the same age as ours (5 and 3) and they would all play together.

The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable - ours was a family room which had a main living area with kitchenette. In the main living area there was a sofa bed which folded down into two beds for the kids. There was also a separate bedroom. Our room had a balcony overlooking the water park and with a sea view. Very basic, quite dated decor but was absolutely fine for us as we were hardly in it.

The food was very good by "all inclusive" standards - for breakfast there was a good selection ranging from continental to full cooked. At lunchtime you could have a snack at the bar beside the pool or go to the restaurant for the buffet. For dinner each night there was a different theme with a good number of different things to choose from. It is a buffet though so you do have to set your expectations accordingly.

There's a reasonably good selection of drinks: beer was either local stuff (KEO) or Amstel. There was white or red wine which was quite drinkable. There was also a pretty good range of cocktails made from local spirits. Plenty of soft drinks available too.

Entertainment: at 8.45pm each night there was a mini disco which was great fun for the kids who were up dancing with all the other kids and having a ball. This was followed by bingo and then a show of some sort each night. As everyone tended to congregate there at night it was usually quite a good atmosphere and good fun.

A few points which were not so good: during the day, the only place to get food / drink outwith breakfast and lunch time was at the bar beside the pool. This meant that there was always quite a long queue. Could have done with more staff and/or an alternative place to get drinks (the main bar seemed to be shut during the day). At night the queue at the main bar was similar.

The toilets which were nearest to the pool were stinking. Probably due to the heat and the amount of people using them but a bit more maintenance could have improved them.

As the week went on we found that you had to be quick to get a sunbed as people were either claiming them by putting their towels over them last thing at night or first thing in the morning.

Overall though the hotel was pretty good - and we had a good time. It's definitely a 3 star hotel but I'm giving my holiday experience there a rating of 4 - very good.

bolton
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been to Paphos 5 times in the past, one also being when we got married. So deciding to go again we looked at Aqua Sol, we always stay 3 or 4 star but on this occasion we decided to go 4 star and book B&B and pay extra for sea view. I did read reviews before i book and did ignore some of the bad reviews .. MISTAKE !! .. The rooms are awful and when paying for four star i do not expect one of my family to sleep (almost) on the floor, the fourth bed is a roll out bed that is under the sette in the lounge (see pics) did i get a sea view ?? yes .. if you could ignore the rubbish tip before it (see pics). I complained the same evening and was told by the very rude receptionist to come back in the morning when the manager would be available. So we had breakfast which again in my opinion is NOT 4 star most of it was luke warm and over greasy. After seeing the manager who was actually very nice about it and did try her very best to sort us a different room (but they are all as bad) we checked out !! After telling her about the receptionist attitude she did apologise on her behalf and said "she must have been having a bad day" ha!! she should have tried being me !! .. The pool area makes up for the crap rooms and crap food but there are nicer places in paphos to stay and an excellent waterpark nearby. Just be warned that this is by no means a 4 star hotel /apartment (with the 4 star price that comes with it) if it was rated at 3 star (with a 3 star price tag) then yeah maybe !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you want robbed and terrified in your room, book this hotel. This hotel is the worst we have ever stayed in. We were part of a wedding party and had 5 rooms. On our fourth day one of our ground floor rooms was burgled. Staff were extrememly unhelpful and police also. On our last night our two ground floor rooms had repeated attemted break ins while we were in the rooms. There were 14 other rooms also broken into that night. This hotel is unsafe and unsecure. DO NOT BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE.

The food is disgusting, the rooms very basic and smell of damp and drains. The staff are rude. You wait forever to be served at pool bar and are then told you can't have what you ordered that you'll get a toastie.

We will never be back here it has completely ruined our holiday and put a dampener on the beautiful wedding we attended (at the Coral Beach - lovely - book this instead).

Don't book Thomas Cook either! The rep was completely useless.

Room Tip: do not book here, if you do, insist on first floor room
5 Thank Sue S