We were really nervous about this holiday after reading bad reviews on trip advisor and such like, however i do believe only those who have something to complain about tend to write reviews so i was sceptical.
We have travelled all inclusive in 5* luxury hotels including Riu and Sensatori and while there will obviously be differences, largly the prise, we had a fantastic holiday in Cyprus.
In our opinion the hotel was great, very clean, friendly staff who couldnt do enough for you, entertainment staff who tried very hard and the waterpark for the kids was fantastic.
We were all inclusive and were surprised when we realised we got drinks in full size glasses!! very unusual for budget all inclusive, there was plenty of choice and cocktails using locallly sourced spririts were included within the all inclusive package.
The snack bar by the pool is again very clean and has plenty of choice, such as toasties, burgers, kebabs, fisg, chicken, jacket potatoes, the food is cooked to order rather than been left out all day. Ice cream is also free on all inclusive.
Breakfast in the restautrant was brilliant, lots of choice.... full english, continental, cereals etc. I actually never had lunch in there as we really liked the snack bar but the evening meals were also very good.
The restaurant manager and hotel management were constantly asking guests what they did and didnt like and what they would like to see on the menu and to our surprise any suggestions were tried out asap. For example a carvery night was suggested which then occurred the following evening!!
In the eveneings the hotel held casino nights, which were brill evening the kids could play, live bands and dancers and light hearted quizes / themed nights.
Coral Bay is on the expensive side but very nice, you can catch a bus from Coral Bay into Paphos which takes around 20 minutes and they are very regular. The bus is 2 euro for an adult day ticket and kids are free. paphos is much cheaper and there are some lovely restaurants and shops.
There is an area between Coral Bay and Paphos, about 10 minutes on a bus from the hotel which is really busy in the evenings.
All in all a very enjoyable holiday and we have no complainsn at all, 6 of us travelled with two 11 years olds and no one ever struggles with food, drink or having nothing to do. I would reccommend this hotel and would happily visit again myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bobbing along the lazy river, hurtling down one of the multi-slides or splashing around with the kids, the brand new on-site and complimentary water park is sure to make this already popular all-inclusive hotel a massive hit with families and couples alike. Set on its own stretch of sand-and-shingle beach with studios and apartments to cater for all family sizes, you’re sure to have a fantastic stay. Location: In the Coral Bay area, on an incline; directly on a rock/ shingle beach; 1.5km from Coral Beach; 500m from Coral Bay’s resort centre; 12km from the resort centre of Paphos. Features: Two outdoor swimming pools; on-site water park (six waterslides and a lazy river) sun terraces with sun loungers and parasols; indoor swimming pool; buffet restaurant serving local and international cuisine; pool snack bar offering pizza and pasta in the evening; reception. Activities: Tennis; sauna; disco club; entertainment program usually including theme nights and Cypriot night. All Inclusive guests: see All Inclusive option for free activities and entertainment. For Children: Own pool. Accomodation: Studios and one bedroom apartments (sleeping up to 4 adults) have air conditioning, TV, kitchenette with fridge, oven, cooking rings, kettle and toaster, bathroom and balcony or terrace. Studios with side sea view, Superior studios, 1 bedroom apartments with side sea view and Superior 1 bedroom apartments are all available at a supplement. Official Rating: A class, 149 rooms. Please note: due to the number of steps around the complex and the steep location, these apartments are not recommended for those with walking difficulties. FEATURES•Free Access to on site water park, Own section of beach• Water slides• Lazy River• Mini Slide• Aqua Bow• Squirting Frog and Whale• Water Shooter• Jungle Aqua Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Sol Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Sol Holiday Village Hotel Paphos
- Aqua Sol Tourist Village Paphos
- Aqua Sol Village Cyprus