“Excellent Holiday - Ignore Bad Reviews”

Aqua Sol Holiday Village
Ranked #56 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday - Ignore Bad Reviews”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were really nervous about this holiday after reading bad reviews on trip advisor and such like, however i do believe only those who have something to complain about tend to write reviews so i was sceptical.

We have travelled all inclusive in 5* luxury hotels including Riu and Sensatori and while there will obviously be differences, largly the prise, we had a fantastic holiday in Cyprus.

In our opinion the hotel was great, very clean, friendly staff who couldnt do enough for you, entertainment staff who tried very hard and the waterpark for the kids was fantastic.

We were all inclusive and were surprised when we realised we got drinks in full size glasses!! very unusual for budget all inclusive, there was plenty of choice and cocktails using locallly sourced spririts were included within the all inclusive package.

The snack bar by the pool is again very clean and has plenty of choice, such as toasties, burgers, kebabs, fisg, chicken, jacket potatoes, the food is cooked to order rather than been left out all day. Ice cream is also free on all inclusive.

Breakfast in the restautrant was brilliant, lots of choice.... full english, continental, cereals etc. I actually never had lunch in there as we really liked the snack bar but the evening meals were also very good.

The restaurant manager and hotel management were constantly asking guests what they did and didnt like and what they would like to see on the menu and to our surprise any suggestions were tried out asap. For example a carvery night was suggested which then occurred the following evening!!

In the eveneings the hotel held casino nights, which were brill evening the kids could play, live bands and dancers and light hearted quizes / themed nights.

Coral Bay is on the expensive side but very nice, you can catch a bus from Coral Bay into Paphos which takes around 20 minutes and they are very regular. The bus is 2 euro for an adult day ticket and kids are free. paphos is much cheaper and there are some lovely restaurants and shops.

There is an area between Coral Bay and Paphos, about 10 minutes on a bus from the hotel which is really busy in the evenings.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday and we have no complainsn at all, 6 of us travelled with two 11 years olds and no one ever struggles with food, drink or having nothing to do. I would reccommend this hotel and would happily visit again myself.

Room Tip: We were in Block 15. very quiet and newly refurbV
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank aimeehanson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cyprus
Reviewed June 13, 2011

just got back from aqua sol tourist village in paphos.
Hotel was brilliant! Staff was friendly and helpful.
Our apartment was very clean and spacious with a balcony facing the waterpark and the sea.!
the aquapark was fantastic for kids and adults.
Fantastic sea view, although beach is not good for swimming.
My only complain is that food at the pool cafe was overpriced for the quantity.
Although overall we had such a great time.We will go back soon.!!

5 Thank margeor
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just got back from a very enjoyable stay at Aquasol Village in Paphos. The newly opened aquapark was fantastic for kids and adults alike and we had many hours of fun! However, there was a shortage of sunbeds around the pool and people were putting towels down to save beds but not coming to the pool until later, this needs to be stopped by the staff.
Food was lovely and the meals had a different theme each night from Chinese, Italian, Cypriot, Carvery etc. There was plenty to choose from and you could never get hungry in this hotel as there is something available for most of the day.
There were plenty of activities going on during the day to keep the kids occupied, and Alex kept the kids entertained all day and has the patience of a saint.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with children, my only complaint is that the rooms are quite dated and could do with brightening up a little.

4 Thank boffchops
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Just returned from a fantastic week in Aqua Sol Village - from the minute we arrived to us leaving every member of staff was very pleasant and helpful and did everything possible to make your holiday enjoyable.
The facilities are excellent - especially the pools and the waterpark which was open from 10am to 6pm.
The food was great and they would even cook childrens meals (chicken nuggets/fish fingers etc) on request if there was nothing on the buffet for them.
Tu-Tu and Rachel (entertainment team) deserve a special mention as they were so friendly and worked really hard to ensure everyone had a wonderful time day and night.
I would recomment this hotel to anyone and will hopefully be returning later in the year

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are excellent
2 Thank AnMiRaCa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We arrived late at night (2am) only to be welcomed by the man in reception who was extremely helpful. Our rooms were basic and a bit outdated but very comfortable and huge. A very caring gesture were the snacks left for us in the fridge as it was too late at night for any food to be served. Had a comfortable sleep on very clean bedding.
The next day we were very surprised to find such an idylic place that we had booked. It felt as if I was staying in a village with tall pine and palm trees with a wide array of swimming pools. The sea looked nice and clean from a distance but as with most public beach areas in Cyprus they were very rocky and you needed to walk on stones before you reached the water which consisted of sand and rocks.
My two boys went straight for the waterpark which was amazing and extremely clean. There was enough sun beds for all the tourists and the lifeguards were bringing in more if there was a demand.
The meals were fantastic and the head chef (extremely polite and highly professional) always ensured to ask me if we had enjoyed our meal and what could be improved. However, I could not answer because I could not fault one meal as they were all perfect traditional Greek recipies with a big selection of food for children from the main restaurant and the snack bars. I must admit that I have been to 5* hotels and never had I tasted such good food as in the Aqua Sol. Only one example - they were serving lamb dishes every day which most hotels do not serve lamb as it tends to be quite expensive let alone the wide variety of meats and fish that were served in the Aqua sol.
The staff were all friendly and accommodating starting from the cleaners to reception, head chef, bar staff, waiters etc.
The entertainment was very good as there was an event every night throughout our stay. I enjoyed casino night with the roulette and black jack (playing for fun), Greek dancers, singers, bingo nights, kareoke, etc.
Throughout the day the animation group provided a variety of activities such as bowling, darts, activities for children. One particular activity that I really enjoyed and which I could not stop laughing was water aeropics (thank you Alex).
Overall - a fantastic holiday which I am definitely looking forward to return with my husband this time as he had to stay in London due to work commitments.
My 10 year old's opinion: "It was the best holiday I have ever been too - the waterpark was really good"

Room Tip: All rooms are good, airy and clean.
10 Thank Yasmine2011
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2011

ive just come back from a weeks holiday at the aqua sol holiday village, i dont usually write reviews but i was so impressed that i decided i would. ive been to cyprus 4 times now but this hotel is by far the best ive stayed in, as you can see by the pics its a beautiful hotel and very picturesque. we arrived here early hours in the morning and was met by a really friendly and helpful recieption staff who quickly with no hassle checked us into our room, we got into our room and was pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of it, there was freshly made sandwiches and fruit in the fridge for us also a bottle of water, which i think is really thoughtful of them. in our appartment we had a bath and a shower, there was also a selection of shampoo, body wash and toiletries, the beds was lovely and comfortable and had a great nights sleep every night, i was pleased by the black out curtains because this meant we could sleep in to what ever time we chose, and no need to take your travel adaptor cos its english plugs in the room. the swimming pools at the hotel are absolutly great especially the new water park that as just been built and is part of the hotel, this was a really big hit with the kids, but i must admit it was just as much fun for the adults, we stayed here all inclusive which i would recomend to everyone as you really dont need to spend any money at all once you are there, the resturants really are top quality in every way, the food was totaly amazing with so much choice. they really do cater for everyone, and only use the top quality food, so if your looking for a basis holiday with no frills accomadation and food then this is not the place for you. every morning there was cooked breakfast to help your self to, as well as toast and preserves, cereals, fresh fruit pancakes, fruit juices, tea, coffee and lots more, there was a good selection at lunch time too wit hot and cold foods including freshly prepared salads and breads, but say that we only made it into the dining roon once at lunch time because the pool snack bar was open from early till late every day with really nice, fresh food being cooked all day, the evening meal was lovely we looked forward to it every day, there was just so much choice every day of fresh cooked foods. incuding, soup, bread, a good selection of salads, cooked meats, fish, vegetables, pasta dishes, rise, chips, my favourite being the sea food, there was a good selection of deserts too, and you can help yourself to as much or as little as you want, the restaurant staff are the nicest ive ever met, nothing is ever too much trouble for them, and they are always happy and smiling, out of all the countries ive been to which is too many to mention the staff here really are the best. ive got to say tho the chief is second to none, the entertainment here was good too, there was never a dull moment, for the kids or adults, the staff here really do make this the perfect holiday in every way, and all this is over looking the sea, it was more like paradise, when you go on a all inclusive holiday they normally cut your wrist band off on your day of departure when you check out or give your room up, well not here you keep it on untill you leave to go home, so you can always get food and drinks, there is even a curtasy room for you to use on your day of departure if you nead to use it, there is a indoor pool too and a gym and sauna, there is far too much to mention you need to come yourself and give it a try, i promise you wont be dissapointed, and all this is in walking distance of coral bay where there is plenty to do, but to be honest you dont need to leave the hotel because everything you want is here at aqua sol village. im really looking forward to returning here again soon, this hotel is definately a 4 star, and is by far the best in pahhos, i loved every minute of it

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank LIPSTICK111
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I arrived with ny husband at 11.30 at night on 10th May to stay at the aqua Village for 2 weeks all inclusive' On arrival we were greeted by the young male receptionist (who's name escapes me) I apologise for this!
He was very friendly and gave us a warm welcome to the hotel..After telling us the room allocation he also informed us the Chef had left a salad for us since we missed dinner' which I thought was a very caring and nice touch and greatly appreciated at midnight after a long flight..
WE Also experienced the Karaoke Singers' which was in the reception bar area
and found them to be thouroughly enjoying themselves and making the most of the brilliant selection of cocktails on offer every night until 11.50 (part of the all inclusive package
The next morning on walking around the hotel I could not believe the beautiful and stunning setting surrounding this Place looking out from the Aqua Sol to the palm trees and the ocean You could be looking at Barbados or St Lucia it is so tranquil and relaxing.

3 days into my holiday the restaurant manager who is called Haris' sat down in the reception area introduced himself and asked how we were enjoying our stay As one normally does I said its fine! (As anything other would normally fall on deaf ears in other places a lot more expensive than this hotel which I have been too all over the world)

He raised his eyes and asked do you have a problem or anything you would like improved!!! how did we like the food? I told him the Staff were amongst the friendliest people we have encountered whilst on holiday (From the Receptionist to the Kitchen the Housekeepers to the bar staff)
even the maintainance staff where willing to assist . I also told him the Hill was too steep and imprisoned a lot of the elderley and Mums with babies in buggies' even the younger residents of the hotel who on some occasions required an oxygen tent on reaching the top..(Unfit like us)
I said the sweet selection could be improved in the evening instead of just Jelly and Sponge or Ice Cream.and that we had used the snack bar beside the main pool on a regular basis to avoid luke warm food)
The Pool snack bar offers around 10 freshly cooked choices' made fresh by Michael and served by the most effiecient and friendly Suzzanna..cocktails and drinks are served at the pool bar until 6.30 everynight also by Ireni who is also very competint at her work
I also told Haris the entertainment was Naff and quiz and bingo with the odd karaoke night was not as I expected on booking the holiday' and more could be done for the children who after all needed to have entertainment as well..
Haris listened and was dismayed at my coments but instead of putting up a brick wall and trying to waffle out of the faults by excuses.. he agreed that most of my remarks were
greatly appreciated and he would have a management meeting with the General Manager as well as the Chef and other kitchen employees and get back to me. (I never expected any feedback) Lo and behold within a couple of days A Kids club is formed' A mini bus or Taxi for clients to be taken to the beach or the Kings road at the top of the Hill for 1 Euro' every hour from 10 oclock in the morning.... until 10 oclock at night Babies 3 and under dont pay (The local taxis charge 7 to eight euros for this short hilly trip).. The Food was hot and Haris is present at most meal times to ensure the Bar is being raised to make it the most comfortable holiday for his clients.
On the Entertainment front this last week has dramatically improved imensley a brilliant dance troupe of girls who covered about ten dance routines from the roaring 20s to present day' a duo who never received the attention they deserved from the visiting clientele... also a childrens disco every night with Rachel who is trying to get her act together' but needs a bit more participation skills with the children in the audience
(I am sure this will come with a bit more experience) On a whole I think thiis Hotel will become one of the top Hotels in Cyprus for Families in the coming future because the management are willing to listen to the requests and needs for the clients and implement them to the best of their abilities'
The water park is second to none which I have never encountered in any other Hotel
the new play area is child friendly with rubber matting and a fence and secure gate...
4 lifeguards patrol the pool area until 6 oclock.. there are 3 pools outside one which is shallow for children/toddlers ( also the water park and also a inside pool with Jacuzzi and gymnasium also Sauna room. The food has greatly improved with variety
and the bottom line is..If you want anythjing at all or see something which can be improved dont wait until you are leaving the hotel or moan about it to others go to the management your criticisms will be received and acted upon to please you I would not hesitate to take my grandchildren here or recomend this hotel to family and friends
The hotel I left was a very different hotel to the one I entered 2 weeks ago (Very Much for the better) they all strive to make your holiday what you want and not what they decide to give..
I would also like to thank Nikolas the head Chef. Alphonso the Matre De' The General manager and last but not least Haris who will go the extra mile for his clients'
So speak up whilst there as they are all very accomodating and approachable

Well Done to you all in the short space of time on improving this hotel since the new management took over 4 weeks ago!!! I could have stayed another 2 weeks no problem...

Room Tip: Request through tour opp and ask hotel on arrival
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business